2024 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

On 11/13/2023 at 8:47 PM, Mylriahd said:

There are a LOT of variables that go into determining when you'll get scheduled (dealer allocation availability, part constraints, and other cosmic dice) so no one here can really give you an idea. Priority 19 is the default priority; if I were to guess that's the most common code. Several of us here ordered '23 and never got them, but who knows how '24 is going. Ultimately I'd say since you ordered a Limited you are likely in for a long wait. 

This refers to a system to check in on the "call and response" of the networked modules in a vehicle.  The site motorcraftservice.com/Home/SetCountry?returnUrl=%2FAsBuilt takes a VIN and then reports back any modules attached to that vehicle that are online. The only point is to confirm that the truck is actively being assembled as the data itself isn't really worth anything to us. But hearing a heartbeat is nice when you're expecting. :)

Interestingly enough, this data is all VERY important is you are messing with Forscan programming. I recommend printing to PDF and saving in a safe place. 

Edited by jarrsong

37 minutes ago, jarrsong said:

Interestingly enough, this data is all VERY important is you are messing with Forscan programming. I recommend printing to PDF and saving in a safe place. 

The module data is NOT coming from your truck.  It’s the AsBuilt config that is forever saved by Ford in this database in case you need to swap a module or fix errors from bad configuration changes.  It will never ever change at this site.  It’s created a couple hours before your truck enters the production line based on your build sheet and 18 hours later used to configure your trucks modules.  Nothing is alive. Doesn’t come from your truck. Created by Ford to be loaded into your truck and in case you ever.l need it down the road. 

1 hour ago, ClaudeSS said:

The module data is NOT coming from your truck.  It’s the AsBuilt config that is forever saved by Ford in this database in case you need to swap a module or fix errors from bad configuration changes.  It will never ever change at this site.  It’s created a couple hours before your truck enters the production line based on your build sheet and 18 hours later used to configure your trucks modules.  Nothing is alive. Doesn’t come from your truck. Created by Ford to be loaded into your truck and in case you ever.l need it down the road. 

Good to know -- that makes sense; I had misunderstood the point of pulling the data. So still useful as a sign of "it went live", but it's not a direct connection. 

Curious if others are in the same boat.  2023 F350 Lariat DRW.  Ordered in July build date pushed back twice.  Last build date provided was 11/13.  To my surprise it showed it moved to production 11/9.  It's been sitting in production since 11/9.  Seems like some folks when they move to production it takes a day or two tops.  Just seems weird.  I don't know if it really never went into production or the system is not updating.  

• Like 1

Is there scheduling next week? I know plant is down for a few days but I didn't know if Ford would send out scheduled build notices. Asking because I came up empty with today's production lottery pick. Didn't know if I had another drawing next week or if I'm looking at 2 weeks from now.

10 hours ago, Rvrrat said:

Curious if others are in the same boat.  2023 F350 Lariat DRW.  Ordered in July build date pushed back twice.  Last build date provided was 11/13.  To my surprise it showed it moved to production 11/9.  It's been sitting in production since 11/9.  Seems like some folks when they move to production it takes a day or two tops.  Just seems weird.  I don't know if it really never went into production or the system is not updating.  

Based on your time line, it’s moving down the final line now.  You will soon get a date added to your InProduction status.  That date will probably be the 16th and your truck will be built and shipped today or at the latest early Saturday morning.  The first week of In Production is the plant gathering parts, making sure a body is built and painted, axles and frames are ready etc. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rvrrat said:

I’m in the same boat as you, mine went into “production “ on the ninth, no date no window sticker still. Definitely different than I remember when my 22 was built around this time of year in 21. 

On 11/15/2023 at 2:49 PM, ClaudeSS said:

Save this data in a safe place... You never know what the future holds for availability. If you've never have or will mess with Forscan, this data means nothing to you.  If there is a "G" at the bottom of the list, your modules have indeed been physically loaded in the actual truck, it's powered and alive as you can't have a "G" at the bottom without the successful load of this data in the modules. 

Edited by jarrsong

38 minutes ago, jarrsong said:

Save this data in a safe place... You never know what the future holds for availability. If you've never have or will mess with Forscan, this data means nothing to you.  If there is a "G" at the bottom of the list, your modules have indeed been physically loaded in the actual truck, it's powered and alive as you can't have a "G" at the bottom without the successful load of this data in the modules. 

I've seen this mentioned before regarding the "G".  However, my 1/1/24 scheduled build for my F350 Platinum clearly shows the "G" at the bottom.  And obviously no module data is populated since the scheduled build week is still over a month out.  Curious as to how the "G" is any sort of an indicator of things.

image.thumb.png.653f8563f9de82f7cb6a099aed044282.png

Edited by ddb

Yes, I think.  If "SWD" in your question is Short Wheel Base (SWB) the answer is Yes. 

I ordered the following on August 12, 2023 (Priority 10): 

2024 F-250 Limited, Crew Cab, Single Rear Wheels, SWB, Max Recline Seats, Red-Headed navigator option w/bolt on accessories.....

My initial Scheduled date was week of November 6 and i received that by Email from Ford September 28.  On November 2 my dealer told me I was scheduled for Build on November 16.  On November 6 FORD tracking indicated Scheduled for week of November 13 and an In Production date of November 6.  On November 13 Ford tracking indicated In Production November 12, and Scheduled week of November 13.  

This morning, November 17, it's showing Built November 17.   No window sticker available from FORD but is available per the link above.  Nothing presently listed for the Modules.   I'll continue to update as things progress.  Hope this helps, good luck.  

13 minutes ago, Bob Bales said:

My mistake I didn't mean "SWD" I should have said "SRW" Single Rear Drive. 

I think you're setting yourself up for frustration asking about other people getting scheduled. I came into this with a VERY wrong expectation that if I got "front of the line" I'd get built first. I was in there the morning the order banks opened on Oct 27 to order a '23 Platinum. I learned after a lot of reading here there is no "spot in line" and there are many elements that go into this. The science behind it is so obscured it may as well be throwing a dart at a board to determine if you'll get scheduled. And true enough, I never got scheduled for my '23 despite being in there on the first day. But I did get scheduled for my '24 the week after they put it in the system, whatever magic of allocation and features and priority came together for me this time. You could be scheduled through cosmic luck next month, or not at all for '24, but unfortunately it's almost impossible to catch a hint about your chances by asking others when they got scheduled; just false hope. 

• Like 1

I think the hardest part for me is the not knowing when and if. I ordered a F350 Lariat 6.7 BAP with max recline seats, scales, 5th wheel prep the end of Oct. Unfortunately I think I picked some parts with potential constraints. Even if the gave me scheduled date in March, I think I'd be happier than just not knowing week after week. The order says Job 1 but I saw that the balance out was in December. Do the Job 1 unscheduled roll over automatically to Job2? I haven't customer ordered since 2016 so I didn't have to deal with any of this back then.

Edited by poopy_pants

9 hours ago, Bob Bales said:

Has anyone ordered an F-250 or F-350 Limited SWD after 07/18/2023 and received at least a “Scheduled for Production” notice? Thanks

2024 Limited’s have been scheduled and built. 
Limited’s are only built at a 4% rate. But orders ARE based on when they were first ordered. So yours is top of of the priority PROVIDED your dealer earned a Super Duty allocation for it.

At this point, Limited’s that didn’t get scheduled Because lack of the ordering dealer having an SD allocation are in for a wait. 

14 hours ago, poopy_pants said:

I think the hardest part for me is the not knowing when and if. I ordered a F350 Lariat 6.7 BAP with max recline seats, scales, 5th wheel prep the end of Oct. Unfortunately I think I picked some parts with potential constraints. Even if the gave me scheduled date in March, I think I'd be happier than just not knowing week after week. The order says Job 1 but I saw that the balance out was in December. Do the Job 1 unscheduled roll over automatically to Job2? I haven't customer ordered since 2016 so I didn't have to deal with any of this back then.

Your Lariat order has all the options mine does and mine is on the way to the dealer. 
i would think yours will be scheduled in the next few weeks and delivered in January. You may want to watch Long McArthur on YouTube on Tuesday nights and consider changing to black, chrome or sport appearance if the standard Lariat wheels still have contraints, but that might be resolved by December. 

Job1 / Job2 usually means a change in the production process or the truck itself.  Job1 2024 was identical to Job2 2023.  They just changed the model year and added 2 colors (and a few minor things).

They are making some changes and timing it for  Christmas at Kentucky but late January in Ohio. Again no idea what they are changing but it’s always an improvement.  Job2 trucks will be an improvement over the 2023 and early 2024 trucks.   Auto roll over don’t worry. 

• Like 1

I received an email and a text message from FORD this morning stating my truck is built.  The Ford tracking states the truck has been built, and is awaiting shipment to the dealer which could take from a few days to a week.  The text message states the truck is built and ETA to dealer is from 4 to 10 days.  NOTE:  the dealer is 10-12 miles from KTP, Kentucky Truck Plant.  

Window sticker from FORD link is still not available (but has been available per the link above for 2 weeks +/-).

Nothing yet is shown in the Module Build Data - ?  

Is this typical that no Module data is available but yet FORD tells me the vehicle is ready to be shipped ?  

I am out of town and the help and guidance from those on this forum has been very helpful.  Thanks.  

3 hours ago, ClaudeSS said:

Your Lariat order has all the options mine does and mine is on the way to the dealer. 
i would think yours will be scheduled in the next few weeks and delivered in January. You may want to watch Long McArthur on YouTube on Tuesday nights and consider changing to black, chrome or sport appearance if the standard Lariat wheels still have contraints, but that might be resolved by December. 

Job1 / Job2 usually means a change in the production process or the truck itself.  Job1 2024 was identical to Job2 2023.  They just changed the model year and added 2 colors (and a few minor things).

They are making some changes and timing it for  Christmas at Kentucky but late January in Ohio. Again no idea what they are changing but it’s always an improvement.  Job2 trucks will be an improvement over the 2023 and early 2024 trucks.   Auto roll over don’t worry. 

I ordered the Black Appearence Package. Was a bit worried that was going to be the holdup and considered switching to sport appearance, which I may do if it becomes a problem.

4 hours ago, GoinPlaces said:

I received an email and a text message from FORD this morning stating my truck is built.  The Ford tracking states the truck has been built, and is awaiting shipment to the dealer which could take from a few days to a week.  The text message states the truck is built and ETA to dealer is from 4 to 10 days.  NOTE:  the dealer is 10-12 miles from KTP, Kentucky Truck Plant.  

Window sticker from FORD link is still not available (but has been available per the link above for 2 weeks +/-).

Nothing yet is shown in the Module Build Data - ?  

Is this typical that no Module data is available but yet FORD tells me the vehicle is ready to be shipped ?  

I am out of town and the help and guidance from those on this forum has been very helpful.  Thanks.  

Double check your VIN in both sticker and module tracker.  Also use Ford Pass with the correct VIN.   Make sure numbers that look like letters are what they should be. 

Bingo.  I had a Zero in place of letter O in VIN on the module build data.  BCE is now populated, and there is a "G" at the end.  

When I click on the "View Window Sticker" link from on the FORD tracker I still get the message that the window sticker has not been released.  Not sure what is up there as you don't have to enter the VIN.   I already got the window sticker through the link above.   Thanks for the info, again.   

when I get shipping confirmation i'll send an update.  

16 hours ago, GoinPlaces said:

Bingo.  I had a Zero in place of letter O in VIN on the module build data.  BCE is now populated, and there is a "G" at the end.  

When I click on the "View Window Sticker" link from on the FORD tracker I still get the message that the window sticker has not been released.  Not sure what is up there as you don't have to enter the VIN.   I already got the window sticker through the link above.   Thanks for the info, again.   

when I get shipping confirmation i'll send an update.  

What link above are referring to as far as your window sticker? My truck has been “in production” since 11/9 still no date no window sticker.