2024 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

On 10/9/2023 at 11:50 AM, jarrsong said:

Curious, did you get the green bullet in the “In Production” section on the status page? How about you Bigdogg? 

IMG_0205.jpeg

My green bullet "In Production" showed up  the Friday after Thanksgiving 11/24/2023. Tracking shows that the last update was 11/22/2023 but was not showing green bullet on Thanksgiving.... Weird

My "Scheduled Week Of" changed to 11/27 about the first week of November has not changed since.  This morning, the Motorcraft module link (previously shared by someone) populated multiple pages of text.

Sounds like things are moving forward... , but may find delays due to spray in bed liner, hard tonneau cover and 5th wheel prep  Keeping the fingers crossed

27 minutes ago, Bigdogg said:

My green bullet "In Production" showed up  the Friday after Thanksgiving 11/24/2023. Tracking shows that the last update was 11/22/2023 but was not showing green bullet on Thanksgiving.... Weird

My "Scheduled Week Of" changed to 11/27 about the first week of November has not changed since.  This morning, the Motorcraft module link (previously shared by someone) populated multiple pages of text.

Sounds like things are moving forward... , but may find delays due to spray in bed liner, hard tonneau cover and 5th wheel prep  Keeping the fingers crossed

Based on @ClaudeSS's post on Page 9 I was thinking I might move to In Production without a date yesterday (7 days before week of build), but nothing yet. Maybe it's 7 days before the actual build date (which I wouldn't know since they only give a week of.) Your post indicates that flip could happen any day the week before the scheduled week. Good luck on your add-ons! Hopefully they fly through quickly. 

image.png.417b610fec5e083ef4ab475c637b6d5b.png

1 hour ago, Mylriahd said:

Based on @ClaudeSS's post on Page 9 I was thinking I might move to In Production without a date yesterday (7 days before week of build), but nothing yet. Maybe it's 7 days before the actual build date (which I wouldn't know since they only give a week of.) Your post indicates that flip could happen any day the week before the scheduled week. Good luck on your add-ons! Hopefully they fly through quickly. 

image.png.417b610fec5e083ef4ab475c637b6d5b.png

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the most recent order status updates. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 6:04 AM, Fl utilities said:

I spoke with Ford customer service this morning and they confirmed my suspicions. My truck has been released to bodyworks waiting on spray in liner and has an eta of 12/17 to dealer. Pretty close to the same timeline as for my 22, I think my 22 went into production 11/13 and arrived at dealer 12/10. 

Well darn. I left anything off that I could get done locally and have a better warranty to boot. Folks that are getting ready to order, take note here. 

12 hours ago, jarrsong said:

Well darn. I left anything off that I could get done locally and have a better warranty to boot. Folks that are getting ready to order, take note here. 

I knew it could delay the build a couple weeks I wasn’t too concerned about it. I got the shipped notification this morning the timeline was just about the same this time as with my 22’ almost down to the day. There was about a 2 week delay. 

On 12/5/2023 at 12:34 PM, Bigdogg said:

UPDATE: The Green "In Production" dot now has 12/5 date added to it as of today. (hadn't checked since late morning yesterday. There is also additional information for "New Vehicle Guide" tab and a "Tear Tag" number assigned. Still no Vehicle Sticker available.

On 12/6/2023 at 11:38 AM, Bigdogg said:

UPDATE: The Green "In Production" dot now has 12/5 date added to it as of today. (hadn't checked since late morning yesterday. There is also additional information for "New Vehicle Guide" tab and a "Tear Tag" number assigned. Still no Vehicle Sticker available.

Mine moved the dot to "In Production" yesterday (with no date). Even today the sticker link on the tracker page says not available, but the link I found earlier in this thread definitely works: 

https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=

Just put your vin in at the end and it should show you your sticker. Which is good, because the tracker details about the vehicle are somewhat incorrect but the sticker itself is accurate.

On 12/6/2023 at 1:38 PM, Bigdogg said:

My Tracker info says it was updated today 12/8 but no window sticker available yet. 

13 minutes ago, Bigdogg said:

My Tracker info says it was updated today 12/8 but no window sticker available yet. 

Did you try the link I posted? 

If you are clicking this one it doesn't work for me either: 

image.png.7e15c64669d2538169d7ecf1d0b16962.png

I had to manually copy and paste the following URL to a different site to get my window sticker. 

Don't forget to enter your own VIN after the = character so it pulls up your sticker. If that still doesn't work then maybe your dealer can get it for you. 

2 hours ago, Mylriahd said:

Did you try the link I posted? 

If you are clicking this one it doesn't work for me either: 

image.png.7e15c64669d2538169d7ecf1d0b16962.png

I had to manually copy and paste the following URL to a different site to get my window sticker. 

Don't forget to enter your own VIN after the = character so it pulls up your sticker. If that still doesn't work then maybe your dealer can get it for you. 

Holy Smokes! That Link worked. 
thank you so much for the info!!!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CRF450 Rider said:

I’m hoping mine has shipped and they just haven’t updated my tracker. 

The timeline on my truck build seems to be pretty good so far. I have seen posts about trucks getting hung up due to spray in bed liners, 5th wheel prep, etc…. My build has those and also a hard tonneau cover. Not sure how the process goes  for some of these accessories as I have heard that the spray in liner is applied by a third party. Is the liner sprayed in after it rolls off the line OR did the truck roll off the line a few days ago and the spray in liner was done within a few days of rolling off the line? 
anyone have input on this? ???
This may sound weird after waiting, but I hope it gets delayed a few weeks and delivered after the first of the year  for property tax purposes. 

5 hours ago, Bigdogg said:

This may sound weird after waiting, but I hope it gets delayed a few weeks and delivered after the first of the year  for property tax purposes. 

Might chat with your dealer to see what they can do; but their goals might be opposite yours and want the win before month close. However, "average" shipping I've read is 20-25 days so it's possible you'll get your wish. Mine is being built this week and so may ship by end of week or week after, so I'm guessing it might come second week of January.

My built truck has been sitting at the rail yard 113 miles from the dealer for 19 days waiting for the trucking company to deliver to the dealer.  In my case I need it asap.  But your dealer could tell the trucking company to wait. Though they might charge storage fees at the rail yards. Also you could wait to close the deal once at the dealer. 

8 hours ago, Mylriahd said:

Might chat with your dealer to see what they can do; but their goals might be opposite yours and want the win before month close. However, "average" shipping I've read is 20-25 days so it's possible you'll get your wish. Mine is being built this week and so may ship by end of week or week after, so I'm guessing it might come second week of January.

I’m thinking you may be correct. 
although the Build has gone faster than I expected  as I originally told my Brother in Law that I expect to take possession of the truck sometime between February and June 2024. 
my first “Scheduled to be Built” date was 10/2 and it moved to 11/27. So i may be delivered in January. Good Luck to you on your Build. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ClaudeSS said:

My built truck has been sitting at the rail yard 113 miles from the dealer for 19 days waiting for the trucking company to deliver to the dealer.  In my case I need it asap.  But your dealer could tell the trucking company to wait. Though they might charge storage fees at the rail yards. Also you could wait to close the deal once at the dealer. 

Hello ClaudeSS,  

hopefully it will go like everything else and be slightly delayed until after Jan 1. 
Not that far off, and throw in the holidays. 

29 minutes ago, Bigdogg said:

Hello ClaudeSS,  

hopefully it will go like everything else and be slightly delayed until after Jan 1. 
Not that far off, and throw in the holidays. 

Also consider that there can be some number of days between arrival at the dealer and the buyer taking delivery.  It would be unreasonable for the dealer to require you to take delivery immediately.  We all have lives to lead and without having an arrival date from Ford to plan around, we could easily be out of town, ill, committed to work or elsewhere, etc.  It would seem reasonable to allow at least a week or so to initiate paperwork and take delivery.  Obviously at some point the dealer should have the right to sell an unclaimed vehicle off the lot, and maybe someone more knowledgeable on this forum can comment on a typical expectation.

I hope your delivery will fall somewhere between "too fast" and my last experience (2022 F-350) which was three months from built to delivered.  Hoping my 2024 comes in a little quicker and it's scheduled for production next week.  However I'm confident I'll be waiting into 2024, even the build week holds true.

46 minutes ago, danmeservey said:

Also consider that there can be some number of days between arrival at the dealer and the buyer taking delivery.  It would be unreasonable for the dealer to require you to take delivery immediately.  We all have lives to lead and without having an arrival date from Ford to plan around, we could easily be out of town, ill, committed to work or elsewhere, etc.  It would seem reasonable to allow at least a week or so to initiate paperwork and take delivery.  Obviously at some point the dealer should have the right to sell an unclaimed vehicle off the lot, and maybe someone more knowledgeable on this forum can comment on a typical expectation.

I hope your delivery will fall somewhere between "too fast" and my last experience (2022 F-350) which was three months from built to delivered.  Hoping my 2024 comes in a little quicker and it's scheduled for production next week.  However I'm confident I'll be waiting into 2024, even the build week holds true.

There are a number of factors involved including the market and dealership size, service department efficiency, required Dealer installed options and accessories, ramp shipping efficiency, relationship with the car hauling firm and the transport company's efficiency, etc. The usual PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) a/k/a Prep only takes 1-2 hours depending on the vehicle. If the dealership has a good relationship with the transport firm's dispatch department, and staff or equipment shortages are not a factor, the dealership can fairly accurately estimate the ETA at the dealership. The necessary paperwork doesn't take more than 1-2 hours as long as all the billing and other information is in place. 

Dealerships make every effort to deliver as many vehicles as possible by month end and year end. Unless a customer is unavailable due to travel or other commitments, the dealership will do everything possible to deliver the vehicle by the end of the month or year.   

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 3:22 AM, ClaudeSS said:

Update

IMG_7636.png

Well my dealer said trucking company would give them 24 to 48 hours of advanced notice of shipping to dealer from rail yard. 

no notice but after sitting at rail yard for 19 day, my tracking status just changed!!!

Dealer says 48 hours max for prep.  
One previous purchase, the prep was done in 2 hours and front tires wore out quick due to insanely misaligned front end.  Glad this different dealer spends the proper time for prep to check things like alignment. 

F350 SRW, Rapid Red, 8ft bed, Lariat Ultimate, regular diesel, gooseneck/5th wheel prep, onboard scales, 2kw power on board, max recline seats, rapid heat, FX4, and dealer will add the goose gooseneck hitch. 

IMG_2420.jpeg

Edited by ClaudeSS