F-150 Lobo Coming As a More Street Oriented model?

7 hours ago, SoonerLS said:

Ford would never use a Spanish name on an American product...

The very first new Ford product in my family was a Mercury Caliente, a great looking car for its time.  Fiesta also a popular name.

GM has also used Spanish names like El Camino, Sierra, El Dorado, Colorado, etc., so Ford is not alone.  Japanese and Korean vehicles have also used many Spanish names, so I agree Lobo is probably not much of an issue.

• Like 2

"Mercury Caliente, Fiesta..."

I'm just talking F-150. 

F-150 Lobo doesn't sound right and it is already in use in Mexico for XLTs. 

Ford can come up with a better name for the new sport truck.

edit:

From Ford Authority:

"As Ford Authority reported a few weeks ago, the refreshed 2024 Ford F-150 is set to make its official debut at the 2023 Detroit Auto Show...In addition to the typical styling and tech updates, the 2024 Ford F-150 will bring forth a number of changes to the popular model, including new 22-inch wheelsan available modular front bumpera redesigned Ford Blue Oval badge, and a new trim level dubbed the Lobo.

https://fordauthority.com/2023/09/fomoco-seeking-owner-photos-for-2024-ford-f-150-reveal/

The debut came and went, no Lobo. So far their "sources say" report is fake news. 

Edited by Bryan1

On 9/20/2023 at 2:04 PM, Bryan1 said:

"Mercury Caliente, Fiesta..."

I'm just talking F-150. 

F-150 Lobo doesn't sound right and it is already in use in Mexico for XLTs. 

Ford can come up with a better name for the new sport truck.

edit:

From Ford Authority:

"As Ford Authority reported a few weeks ago, the refreshed 2024 Ford F-150 is set to make its official debut at the 2023 Detroit Auto Show...In addition to the typical styling and tech updates, the 2024 Ford F-150 will bring forth a number of changes to the popular model, including new 22-inch wheelsan available modular front bumpera redesigned Ford Blue Oval badge, and a new trim level dubbed the Lobo.

https://fordauthority.com/2023/09/fomoco-seeking-owner-photos-for-2024-ford-f-150-reveal/

The debut came and went, no Lobo. So far their "sources say" report is fake news. 

Because Ford always releases every new trim or package at the same time as the full reveal....?

On 9/15/2023 at 12:26 PM, NLPRacing said:

They could take a F150 SuperCrew PowerBoost with a 6.5' bed, and sterling rear axle with either 7 or 8 lug wheels and sell that as an F200 with a 15,000-pound towing capacity. There are a lot of F250's pulling travel trailers & fifth wheels that are under 15,000 pounds, but that are too big for F150's.

This might fit perfectly for my lawn business. Tow a 26ft enclosed with  a 2010 F250 because it's right on the edge of what a F150 can do and I don't trust pushing the limits for every day use. Superduty with a diesel way more comfortable than a 150 would be with the load, but it does around 200 miles a week on mostly local route, it's probably a little overkill. Have been waiting for a BEV that can do it, but a hybrid "f200" might be the sweet spot for what I need. Please don't bring back the 7 lug wheels though, just do the 8 lol

• Haha 1

On 9/23/2023 at 12:24 PM, Captainp4 said:

This might fit perfectly for my lawn business. Tow a 26ft enclosed with  a 2010 F250 because it's right on the edge of what a F150 can do and I don't trust pushing the limits for every day use. Superduty with a diesel way more comfortable than a 150 would be with the load, but it does around 200 miles a week on mostly local route, it's probably a little overkill. Have been waiting for a BEV that can do it, but a hybrid "f200" might be the sweet spot for what I need. Please don't bring back the 7 lug wheels though, just do the 8 lol

I agree, it would need 8 lug wheels. :)