2024 Price Protection?

lcseds

I asked my Ford Dealer that question two weeks ago. He asked in July Ford meeting along with what to do with the 22/23 rollovers..... They could not give an answer...

Last week he spoke with the area rep and the could not give a solution...

So in four weeks it will be two years from my order date.  

I work for a living and Its a work truck at the end of the day. Nice trim but I ordered what I wanted and that was offered.

19 minutes ago, akirby said:

No such thing as a rollover.  It’s always just a new order.  But your dealer should give it higher priority.

Agreed. Unless Ford puts a specific policy, with specific retail order incentives, in place for retail orders carrying over to the next Model Year, there is no price protection. Ford's price protection applies to current Model Year retail orders only.   

7 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Agreed. Unless Ford puts a specific policy, with specific retail order incentives, in place for retail orders carrying over to the next Model Year, there is no price protection. Ford's price protection applies to current Model Year retail orders only.   

He's already indicated that he does not have a rollover, he has a new order.  I think he may be asking if his price is locked-in at time of order, and not subject to mid-year price increase.

Maybe?  HRG

1 hour ago, HotRunrGuy said:

He's already indicated that he does not have a rollover, he has a new order.  I think he may be asking if his price is locked-in at time of order, and not subject to mid-year price increase.

Maybe?  HRG

Price protection would apply to orders submitted in the current Model Year and apply to the original order date per Ford's decades long policy. 

12 minutes ago, Firedog99t said:

Yes thats how I understand it. On mine, you can see the 2022 and the reorder 2023 in Ford's computer system .

The question is if I reorder a 2024 do I get to keep the price protection. The Dealer has asked and Ford has not given an answer.

Also I have been a 1 for a long time.

No.  You’re only price protected from the time you place the new order until that order arrives.  If it doesn’t get built then you reorder the next model year and start over.  Previously Ford gave personal rebates to offset price increases on holdover orders but that ended last year.

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Price protection would apply to orders submitted in the current Model Year and apply to the original order date per Ford's decades long policy. 

Is there a link or something where I might find a document that states this? Dealer said they no longer price protect. Believe it or not, they have been wrong before. Just want to keep a copy in my folder while I await my new ordered 2024. Many thanks!!

Make sure you understand which part of the cost is protected -- I believe the protection by Ford mentioned above should be the MSRP of the vehicle itself. I ordered a'23 the day the order bank opened and while the truck was never built the MSRP never changed. The destination charge however went up twice over that year. It started at $1795, then $1895, and then $1995 (which is what my '24's destination charge is currently at, and who knows what that'll increase to after the strike.)

18 minutes ago, lcseds said:

Is there a link or something where I might find a document that states this? Dealer said they no longer price protect. Believe it or not, they have been wrong before. Just want to keep a copy in my folder while I await my new ordered 2024. Many thanks!!

I heard they were going to stop doing price protection but never saw confirmation.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, lcseds said:

After 34+ years, I no longer have access to Ford documents and can't verify whether Ford has changed its policy on price protection within the past year. 

1 hour ago, lcseds said:

Ask your dealer to look at the July 2023 C&I Programs for Retail Ordered Vehicles document, that provides the information you are looking for.  I have seen it, but I am not authorized to share it.

HRG