Ford November 2023 Sales

10 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Apartment rent is roughly the same or more then what I'm paying on my house I bought about 7 years ago!

As for home charging and EV power-I'd assume it would be similar to what a generator would be and would be also offset by possible incentives from the local electric company-I know locally JCPL is offering incentives for electrical work to get level II charging installed. 

As for your battery question-using the Lightning as an example:

https://www.motortrend.com/features/2022-ford-f-150-lightning-home-power/

So I'm guessing if you just keep your fridge going and maybe some lights, it will last longer then trying to run your HVAC with it. 

3 days is friggen impressive for sure, I wonder time frame wise how that would pertain to a severe winter though....and dont forget the Tropical fish tank, or my wifes electric blanket...lol...Not sure Cichlids make great Tacos,mand a cold wife is an angry one....Rents are stupid here as well,  WAYYYYY above what my my mortgage was......the issue for Home Purchases here is basically the required downpayment up front to qualify...damn scary and something a majority cannot swing, so apartment dwelling it is with basically ZERO chance of ever owning a home.....

1 hour ago, mackinaw said:

I would love to see some numbers for -20F (meaning 20 below zero F).  

I don’t plan to find out.  ? 

Conditions for me to own a BEV are as good as it gets:

Live in warm environment.

Own house and park car in garage.

Have surplus 50-Amp service available.

Don’t take long road trips in car.

Local trips are essentially all well below 100 miles.

Can afford extra BEV cost — though I won’t waste money.

I have little excuse to not make my next car a BEV, but still not sure it’s best choice for me.  I have wanted a BEV since I was 20 years old, way before modern EVs, but have serious concerns about adding load to Texas grid, which seems counterproductive, and also that they are not actually reducing global warming, so why bother?  It’s personal reasoning that has kept me on sideline, but I may change my mind if I see the perfect vehicle for local trips.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rick73 said:

I don’t plan to find out.  ? 

Conditions for me to own a BEV are as good as it gets:

Live in warm environment.

Own house and park car in garage.

Have surplus 50-Amp service available.

Don’t take long road trips in car.

Local trips are essentially all well below 100 miles.

Can afford extra BEV cost — though I won’t waste money.

I have little excuse to not make my next car a BEV, but still not sure it’s best choice for me.  I have wanted a BEV since I was 20 years old, way before modern EVs, but have serious concerns about adding load to Texas grid, which seems counterproductive, and also that they are not actually reducing global warming, so why bother?  It’s personal reasoning that has kept me on sideline, but I may change my mind if I see the perfect vehicle for local trips.

congrats...if they check all the boxes go have some fun...the driving experience is a hoot....

22 minutes ago, Deanh said:

congrats...if they check all the boxes go have some fun...the driving experience is a hoot....

I have driven my son’s Tesla Model 3 and like it OK.  It’s the closest BEV to anything I’d get (never leased before but would in case of a BEV).  I’d prefer a smaller car, finding Model 3 much larger than I need.  I also found it harder than I like to get in and out of driver’s seat (would get used to it I suppose).  The new Model 3 looks a lot better to me, so I would wait for that anyway if leasing one.  The next generation smaller car would likely be a much better fit for my needs but I can’t wait that long (at least a couple of years out).  Overall not in a rush to buy wrong car. ? 

• Like 2

Pretty much all we drive is the BEV.  Drive 95% in the local area.  With both an ICE CUV and small BEV we usually pick the BEV and enjoy it.  The older compact ICE has highway, tow and dirty hauling duties.  I sold my late model Tacoma to buy my wife the BEV.  We have been downsizing the fleet of cars and boats for a few years.  

1 hour ago, BarneyFord said:

Pretty much all we drive is the BEV.  Drive 95% in the local area.  With both an ICE CUV and small BEV we usually pick the BEV and enjoy it.  The older compact ICE has highway, tow and dirty hauling duties.  I sold my late model Tacoma to buy my wife the BEV.  We have been downsizing the fleet of cars and boats for a few years.  

Best of both worlds......

7 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I've never understood the thought of "oh no my car is at a half a tank, I'm almost out!!!" when it'll say 70 miles to empty.....so you're telling me that, despite having gas stations on every corner, you're going to do a 70 mile trip and not be able to fill up?

It's one thing on a road trip where you don't know how far the next town or rest stop is - I'll do that, but daily - nah.  I don't refill until the 50 miles to empty notification comes on.

There are practical reasons to keep at least 1/4 tank in at all times, namely keeping the fuel pump cool especially in summertime. Yes that is actually a thing, I’ve toasted a couple of fuel pumps back in the day because of that.

These days I usually fill up once a week for budgeting reasons so that generally means I rarely go below 1/4 tank. That will typically get me to/from work for 5-6 days and running the occasional errand on weekends. 

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

There are practical reasons to keep at least 1/4 tank in at all times, namely keeping the fuel pump cool especially in summertime. Yes that is actually a thing, I’ve toasted a couple of fuel pumps back in the day because of that.

Sometimes a full tank can also come in very handy during unexpected emergencies providing extra options.  Years ago we were without power for almost two weeks and I ended up idling my old Ranger a couple of hours a day to power a small inverter to keep phones charged and to power a TV to watch local news.  I didn’t use much gas because I couldn’t power much with small inverter, but my neighbor did the same with larger inverter to keep fridge cold.  He was able to save all his food.  After that hurricane event  I  purchased a portable inverter generator so I shouldn’t need to idle any vehicle again, but you never know what the next emergency might be.