'24 Nautilus Reviews

4 hours ago, akirby said:

I’m totally surprised at 2 things:

No mention of it using a shared Ford platform

No mention of where it’s built 

You are right on the shared Ford platform issue. In fact, the Edmunds review goes so far as to say, "Now fully divorced from its Ford Edge underpinnings, the next-gen Nautilus has the room to grow into its own, and it does so in a showstopping fashion.... The Lincoln Nautilus has the potential to singlehandedly transform the luxury brand's image. We hope to see the thoughtful and visually impressive new screen in other Lincolns soon."

As for the China issue, only one first-drive review I read (forget which one) mentioned it, but as a positive, noting that the build quality and fit-and-finish seemed as good if not better than other Lincoln products.

Not all reviews were fully positive. One reviewer obviously wanted a Lincoln product to drive like a BMW, even though that's not what the brand is all about. Several also mentioned something I have noticed in my own hybrid Nautilus. Before the brakes have fully warmed up you will sometimes feel some roughness in the braking as it transitions from regenerative braking to brake-pad braking. They said that the Lincoln engineers who were at the event mentioned they knew about the issue and were working on it. I think the issue might either be a need for a software update or possibly even just getting the vehicle's brakes past the break-in period.

There are two more issues the reviewers didn't mention but are known early-production issues. Some higher-trim vehicles seem to have a rattle sound at a certain speed from the back part of the vehicle. Lincoln sent out a notice to their dealers that they were working on a fix that they hoped to have in another month or two, but that the issue was not a safety issue and did not affect drivability so dealers are not supposed to accept the vehicles that reported the issue in for repair yet as they don't yet have a solution. The other issue is that for some the brand new infotainment system has had stability issues. Some have reported parts of it going off or the sound turning off. These can typically be corrected with a reboot of the system by holding the volume knob down for 10 seconds. Software updates to address the infotainment issues are also in the works (one software update for the vehicle has already been pushed through the Nautilus' OTA software update system).

Edited by Gurgeh
  • Like 1

The autoblog article seemed to like it a lot, and the only things he complained about were minor.

I've seen a couple on the road already, and they look fantastic.  I really hope that it'll catch on with more buyers.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, akirby said:

I’m totally surprised at 2 things:

No mention of it using a shared Ford platform

No mention of where it’s built 

Autoblog review mentions it is built in China at the end of the review...