Chrysler Group December 2005 sales

robertlane

Dispite it's "love it or hate it" styling I see the 300 continues to out sell the 500 in December.

I cannot fathom how someone would choose a 300 or Charger (The Magnum is nice)...

I was surprised to see the Freestyle whalloped the Magnum for sales...

Combined the D3 trio marginally outsold the LX trio, though in fairness the Charger was not available for the entire year, and would likely have pushed the LX trio over the D3s for sales.

Combined the D3 trio marginally outsold the LX trio, though in fairness the Charger was not available for the entire year, and would likely have pushed the LX trio over the D3s for sales.

No they didn't. Going by the figures posted on this forum, the D3 cars sold a combined 211678 units and the LX cars sold 241359 units.

- HCE

well lets also mention that 25% of the LX cars are fleet sales vs 10-15% of the D3 cars

Subtracting out your percentages, the LX cars still slightly outsold the D3's...

LX 241,359 minus 25% = 181,019

D3 211,678 minus 15% = 179,926

Add in the fact that the Charger only had a half year of sales (whereas all three D3 cars had full year sales) and it's not even close.

Subtracting out your percentages, the LX cars still slightly outsold the D3's...

LX 241,359 minus 25% = 181,019

D3 211,678 minus 15% = 179,926

Add in the fact that the Charger only had a half year of sales (whereas all three D3 cars had full year sales) and it's not even close.

In all fairness, we have to mention that Magnum sales took a bit of a dive when the Charger was introduced - so I do not think there is such a huge difference.

Anyway, I am not backing any particular horse in this race - I want to see all the domestic manufacturers do well.

- HCE

In all fairness, we have to mention that Magnum sales took a bit of a dive when the Charger was introduced - so I do not think there is such a huge difference.

Anyway, I am not backing any particular horse in this race - I want to see all the domestic manufacturers do well.

- HCE

Yes, it did. Just re-spinning. B) I've been a big proponent of the D3 cars as well as the LX cars. I'm still not too keen on the GM mid/large sizers though.

- HCE

I agree.

Remember the good old days when we got all excited if Ford outsold Chevy, etc.

Now we are just happy to see gains in any domestic auto makers domestic figures. <_<