Ford GT90, Who Knew?

• ice-capades changed the title to Ford GT90, Who Knew?

This is my favorite car of all time.  I had NFS2 growing up and I raced with this car and used to sit in the showcase learning about it.  I remember finding out some interesting facts about it.  The V12 I believe was based on 2 InTech V8s they welded together with 2 cylinders cut off each to get to 12.  They tested the V12 on a Town Car on Ford's Proving Grounds to see how it ran and held up.  There's a video of Jeremy Clarkson driving it on the old Top Gear in the 90s and he states the turbos aren't hooked up but you could still hear them spinning.  Ford claimed 250+ MPH top speed but most sites have it listed for 235 not sure what the actual top speed it.  I know it's out in Oklahoma I want to go out there and see it in person one day.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Andrew L said:

I know it's out in Oklahoma I want to go out there and see it in person one day.

Well, come on down. We gots roads (some of 'em are even paved) and gas stations and a city with two airports named after guys who died in a plane crash.

We're even getting the Intarwebz next week.

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, SoonerLS said:

Well, come on down. We gots roads (some of 'em are even paved) and gas stations and a city with two airports named after guys who died in a plane crash.

Sounds adventurous, but I'm gonna have to hold off until you get a third airport named after someone who died in a plane crash. Third time's the charm. 

• Haha 1

On 3/29/2024 at 2:20 PM, SoonerLS said:

I was in OK last year for work. Up in Bartlesville. Talk about the middle of no where. I wanted to drive over to Ames were it was but didn't have enough time.

On 3/30/2024 at 1:08 PM, DeluxeStang said:

Sounds adventurous, but I'm gonna have to hold off until you get a third airport named after someone who died in a plane crash. Third time's the charm. 

Does it help that they died in the same plane crash, and one of them was the pilot?

On 3/30/2024 at 4:35 PM, Andrew L said:

I was in OK last year for work. Up in Bartlesville. Talk about the middle of no where. I wanted to drive over to Ames were it was but didn't have enough time.

Bartlesville isn't even in the same ZIP code as nowhere--that's out in west Texas, somewhere between Seymour and Ralls. I'm pretty sure the directions to get there are "go to the end of the Earth and hang a left."

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SoonerLS said:

Bartlesville isn't even in the same ZIP code as nowhere--that's out in west Texas, somewhere between Seymour and Ralls. I'm pretty sure the directions to get there are "go to the end of the Earth and hang a left."

That must be when you follow the GPS instructions!