Toyota Tundra

Catalepsy

So you admit he should have probably been on your list?

There's a solid chance he will receive a warning, going forward. Depends on how he responds to provocation.

But what I've written, I've written. The complaints were on the negative tone of the board. Range doesn't post negative things about Ford. He does, however, post frequently inflammatory opinions.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on now, you know what I'm talking about. If I have to read another post with the following:

-cheerleaders

-ostrich

-Ford lost _____

Grief.........

You don't have to read them.

It is not necessary for you to attempt to censor my free speach.

What is the value of these posts? Just a blatant attack typical of the Ford cheerleaders/ostrich/lemming crowd. I don't understand why people such as this are incapable of minding their own business.

I forgot to mention Ford lost 5.8 billion in the 3rd quarter.

And the Fusion didn't sell 10,000 in October.

Now are you happy?

These are probably 2 of the main complainers that the site is to negative. Read their posts and decide who is causing the problem.

Edited by Bluecon

Ok fellas, we're off topic again. Take it over to the DCK thread in the Ford News Forum or I'm going to put you all in the Sixcav Penalty Square. lol

Edited by Sixcav

Ok fellas, we're off topic again. Take it over to the DCK thread in the Ford News Forum or I'm going to put you all in the Sixcav Penalty Square. lol

Fine, Fine.........

Besides it's not like going back and forth would have amounted to anything, because it would've been the same BS over and over and over again. Look the Fusion isn't selling over 10K units anymore, OMG!

Alright, I'm done.

Edited by Michael Reynolds

Fine, Fine.........

Besides it's not like going back and forth would have amounted to anything, because it would've been the same BS over and over and over again. Look the Fusion isn't selling over 10K units anymore, OMG!

Alright, I'm done.

Save a lot of trouble if you would just quit starting it.

Say what you will about the new Toyota Tundra. In the past Toyota has had a hard time understanding the US demand for such a large "personal" vehicle -- thus their inability so far to provide a heavy duty pickup. But make no mistake: Toyota builds durable and reliable 4-wheel drive vehicles that have been used for many years in the world's most remote areas where good roads only exist in one's dreams.

Here's one way of looking at the situation: Once Toyota fully understands the US light truck market, they could easily deliver a product that aces anything from Ford, GM or Dodge which rarely are driven off into the bush.

On the other hand, Toyota has the engineering sophistication to build the beefest, most powerful pickup on the planet if it wants to. However, they may be reluctant to do this. Remember, they brought the so-called Big 3 to their knees by producing superior cars. Now if they used the same method to kill off American pickup sales the American-owned auto industry might reach the end of the line -- something the Japanese wish to avoid.

While Ford, GM and DC decontent their vehicles and force suppliers to cut prices, the same American-based suppliers enjoy doing business with Toyota and Honda, because they are treated fairly and are not nickel and dimed to death.

I do not want to witness the death of the US auto industry, but I wish The Big 3 would wake up and smell the coffee. For far too long they have arrogantly ignored what the Japanese and Koreans are doing to increase sales.

On the other hand, Toyota has the engineering sophistication to build the beefest, most powerful pickup on the planet if it wants to. However, they may be reluctant to do this. Remember, they brought the so-called Big 3 to their knees by producing superior cars. Now if they used the same method to kill off American pickup sales the American-owned auto industry might reach the end of the line -- something the Japanese wish to avoid.

I'm in agreement that the Toyota could build a heckuva truck if they tried, but I'm not so sure that they are being merciful, and letting the domestics survive on big truck sales. I'd like to believe that F and GM have actually built superior trucks, and, just as importantly, still have a significant number of loyal buyers.

At this stage, as successful as Toyota is, they have many vulnerabilities: Growth is expensive, and if they build plants that are underutilized, their cost advantages are shot. How is Nissan doing with their new truck plant? Their biggest, looming issue, though, is China. American consumers have demonstrated that they will pretty much buy what they perceive to be the best car for the money, loyalty be damned. Once the Chinese figure out how to produce decent quality driving appliances, the appliance buyers will migrate, as they did from Taurus/GM midsizers to Camry/Accord/Altima.

There are two things against Toyota in the truck arena.

First, the truck buyers are loyal. A truck is much like a man's horse was back in the old west. You find one you like, you have good luck with, and you stick to it. From an economic standpoint, it doesn't make sense to take a good vehicle on the bottom line in your business, and replace it with an unknown. So if a guy buys Fords for himself or his business, and he has good luck, then he'll keep buying 'em.

The second is that this time around, the domestics aren't resting on any laurels. When Toyota and Honda finally learned how to build a car, they were competing against the Citation and Fairmont, kinda like fish in a barrel. It won't be so easy this time.

I guess what I am saying is even if Toyota made a dead ringer for the F-150, superior in all ways, I don't think folks are gonna flock to the Toyota dealer.

THAT BEING SAID, Ford and GM cannot afford to put out a drivetrain that has major issues or any trucks that are not fully developed and riddled with recalls. I think they know that. Judging from the great launches (quality wise) of all of the new vehicles lately from Ford and GM, I don't think that's gonna happen.

Edited by bec5150

THAT BEING SAID, Ford and GM cannot afford to put out a drivetrain that has major issues or any trucks that are not fully developed and riddled with recalls. I think they know that. Judging from the great launches (quality wise) of all of the new vehicles lately from Ford and GM, I don't think that's gonna happen.

I hope Ford doesn't take Toyota lightly. Continuous improvement is critical to having a future. Detriot was arrogant and prideful in the 1960s and '70s. The lessons of the '80s and '90s were hard learned. They must be heeded.

New 2006 Tundra Customer Choice

See below for additional information

1.9% APR up to 60 Months

OR $2500 Customer Cash

APR: 1.9% APR for 36 Months - $28.60 per $1,000 borrowed. 1.9% APR for 48 Months - $21.65 per $1,000 borrowed. 1.9% APR for 60 Months - $17.48 per $1,000 borrowed. No down payment with approved credit through Toyota Financial Services. Not all customers will qualify for lowest rate – Tier I PLUS, Tier I & Tier II only. CUSTOMER CASH BACK: $2500 customer cash directly from Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A., Inc. Dealer participation in this rebate program may increase vehicle price before rebate. APR OR CUSTOMER CASH BACK:

But I got this awsome deal,,,,

:sos:

Edited by 06StangAwesomecar

The best guage of future performance is past performance. Toyota claimed the original Dakota sized Tundra was a 'work truck' and we all know how that panned out. It is going to take a lot of doing to get people out of their american trucks. The hardest thing in the car biz is to overcome a bad rep. Also, we have Super Duty which is in a class by itself. Everyone else upgrades their light duty truck to a heavy duty truck but Ford offers a completely different truck designed to be heavy duty.

I say let's take an F-450 and tow 6 Tundras behind it for a nice TV ad! Or put a Tundra in the bed and tow a few Ridgelines with it! Now that's an ad! :happy feet: :ohsnap:

Edited by partsisparts

New 2006 Tundra Customer Choice

See below for additional information

1.9% APR up to 60 Months

OR $2500 Customer Cash

APR: 1.9% APR for 36 Months - $28.60 per $1,000 borrowed. 1.9% APR for 48 Months - $21.65 per $1,000 borrowed. 1.9% APR for 60 Months - $17.48 per $1,000 borrowed. No down payment with approved credit through Toyota Financial Services. Not all customers will qualify for lowest rate – Tier I PLUS, Tier I & Tier II only. CUSTOMER CASH BACK: $2500 customer cash directly from Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A., Inc. Dealer participation in this rebate program may increase vehicle price before rebate. APR OR CUSTOMER CASH BACK:

But I got this awsome deal,,,,

:sos:

OMG REBATES!! FINANCING DEALS!!!

IT MUST BE A BOMB!!!

:lol:

I loved that commercial when I was a kid. Dodge laid sideways across the bed of an F150 towing a Chevrolet up a slag heap. Built Ford Tough indeed.

When you were a kid? I don't remember that commercial being that long ago. 1980s? Are you that young or am I that old.

OMG REBATES!! FINANCING DEALS!!!

IT MUST BE A BOMB!!!

:lol:

No, Toyota just reads this list and got the idea from Bluecon to fire sale all their cars to drive Ford out of business. It is all just part of their evil master plan.

Suffice to say that I did not live through a single year of the Nixon presidency.

:cry::cry::cry:

....... I remember when Nixon resigned. I was at work when they announced it..........

I remember when Kennedy was assassinated. I was at school.

I remember when older men never left the house without their fedora on, and their wives wore gloves, and little pillbox hats with mesh that hung over the face.

I remember when a teenage neighbor, with his hair greased back in a D.A. (duck's ass), bent over and split the butt out of his skin-tight jeans (Eisenhower would have been president at the time I believe).

Oh God .... I'll be dead soon, won't I?

Come on, Richard. Are you really so naive as to think that Toyota is going to market a truck that is not up to the task?

Come on Bec, Toyota HAS brought an inferior full size truck to market for the past 14 years!

It's simple. If Ford truck owners proudly brag about their trucks the foreign car fans say "that's the attitude that got Ford into trouble in the first place."

But when foreign car fans brag about their imports then it's because they are just stating facts.

By the way Bec can't got to an import forum and support his Ford Ranger and point out the many issues Honda has with the Ridgeline because import forum moderators would quickly delete his post and ban him.

Come on Bec, Toyota HAS brought an inferior full size truck to market for the past 14 years!

It's simple. If Ford truck owners proudly brag about their trucks the foreign car fans say "that's the attitude that got Ford into trouble in the first place."

But when foreign car fans brag about their imports then it's because they are just stating facts.

Ford truck buyers can back up their claims, because the F-150 and up Ford trucks are far superior to anything toyota has put out.

As for the claim that "toyota can put out a far superior truck if they wanted to" sounds like sour grapes to me. If they can , why dont they???

No, Toyota just reads this list and got the idea from Bluecon to fire sale all their cars to drive Ford out of business. It is all just part of their evil master plan.

Ford 3rd quarter loss = 5.8billion.

The plan is working quite well so far. :happy feet:

Well, I was born 40, so references to my 'childhood' are, therefore, suspect. Suffice to say that I did not live through a single year of the Nixon presidency. Nor did my older sister.

I will leave it to you to decide whether I'm that young or you're that old.... :D

Richard, I was born a week before Kennedy was elected so I caught the tail end of Eisenhower. I remember LBJ and the war on TV, MLK and RFK assassinations, Nixon, Ford, Carter Etc. On the up side, I remember when new car introductions were something to be excited about, no spy pics a year in advance, and being able to tell year, make and model of most everything except VWs from 20 feet away.