F150 4.6 V8 needs more power

gafry

Does anyone know how to improve the dead power of a F150 STX 4.6 V8 engine

Give me some Ideas ??

get a tuner. they run only a couple hundred. And they run on both regular and premium. Even to run it on a regular 87 octane tune you get better responsiveness from the throttle (damned fly-by-wire) and firmer shifts.

And this will not affect your mileage... unless you develop a lead foot from the new performance gains.

My reco is to head over to F150online.com and read up in their chips & tuners section. You will learn every thing you need to know about chips and tuners there.

The new body style F150 is way to heavy for a 4.6L engine, in my opinion Ford should not have offered it in the F150.

If you choose to use a "tuner" be it Hypertech, Superchip or otherwise be aware ANYTHING the tuner affects that develops a problem may void your warranty on the affected component. I'd leave it alone at least untill your warranty is up.

• 2 weeks later...
The new body style F150 is way to heavy for a 4.6L engine, in my opinion Ford should not have offered it in the F150.

If you choose to use a "tuner" be it Hypertech, Superchip or otherwise be aware ANYTHING the tuner affects that develops a problem may void your warranty on the affected component. I'd leave it alone at least untill your warranty is up.

If they put the right transmission in it, you wouldn't be saying that. Witness the new 6 speed unit with the old 5.4L, no one is saying its underpowered for the far heavier 2006 Expedition