Zephyr's Navi- Highest is Satisfaction

If someone is buying their car based on the satisfaction rating of the navi system, they need their heads examined. Until Ford builds a CAR that gets high satisfaction ratings, its pointless to talk about a piece of equipment that is in a product of theirs built by someone else (Pioneer).

If someone is buying their car based on the satisfaction rating of the navi system, they need their heads examined. Until Ford builds a CAR that gets high satisfaction ratings, its pointless to talk about a piece of equipment that is in a product of theirs built by someone else (Pioneer).

Maybe you should check the CR ratings on the MKZ.

Maybe you should check the CR ratings on the MKZ.

RJ, if Ford Motor was a man you would be the first one looking for knee pads.

The MKZ is a low volume car so lets look at its twin. Yes the Fusion has gotten great praise, but its one vehicle of many in Ford's lack luster line-up.

That's the problem with Ford and its loyal followers; they come up with one decent product and they declare victory. While they are celebrating in the end zone, their competition is trumping their products. All too often Ford is busy saying, "look what we did with the Fusion. See, we can make good products." They act as if a company developing a good product is a rare thing instead of their purpose for being.

Edited by 2005GTP

I personally am not a fan of combined stereo & NAV systems. I prefer separate displays & controls for the stereo and NAV (Check '06 G35, Mazda6/5/3/RX8, '06 S80) as I find separate controls easier to locate and use. However, this design seems to be loosing out to "all-in-one" designs like iDrive, MMI, Command, etc.

Despite that, it is still good to hear the MKZ is winning an award. I didn't know they even had tests for NAV systems. Good to know.

Scott

RJ,

I have to say I have never had a conversation with someone that was so passionate about a loser before such as you are with Ford. I know defending Ford must be some great source of pride for you but a little secret for ya....Ford is a loser. Once you come to grips with that, you may sleep better at night.

RJ,

I have to say I have never had a conversation with someone that was so passionate about a loser before such as you are with Ford. I know defending Ford must be some great source of pride for you but a little secret for ya....Ford is a loser. Once you come to grips with that, you may sleep better at night.

Ummm...if Ford really is a "loser" as you say, *why* are you a member of this board? I'm not saying you *can't* be a member, everyone is welcome here - but why would you waste your time with a "loser"?

Also, if we're going to get personal, as you seem so willing to do, should I really give credence to someone whose user name is "2005GTP"? If a 2005 GTP is your idea of a "non-loser" car, then, ummm, yeah.

I hope I don't end up in the penalty box.

Scott

Ummm...if Ford really is a "loser" as you say, *why* are you a member of this board? I'm not saying you *can't* be a member, everyone is welcome here - but why would you waste your time with a "loser"?

Also, if we're going to get personal, as you seem so willing to do, should I really give credence to someone whose user name is "2005GTP"? If a 2005 GTP is your idea of a "non-loser" car, then, ummm, yeah.

I hope I don't end up in the penalty box.

Scott

I am a Ford fan. Grew up in a Ford family. Dad still works there. Had many Ford products in the past. But Ford did not build a front wheel drive vehicle such as the GP. The interior is certainly nothing to brag about but the vehicle has style, great power and plenty of features.

I for one would love to see Ford succeed. My dad's retirement depends on it. My problem though is with Ford and its sheep who declare victory on things it does well that every other successful company already does. Ford is too busy celebrating its one-off successes and forgets to keep it rolling. There was no reason to kill the Taurus, for example. That was the face of Ford for 20 years and they let it go to waste. Ford has the inability to recognize something good and keep it going.

This wasn't an article which Ford placed it's on it's media site to proclaim "Hey we did something right"...This was straight from the newswires from JDPower who just happened to find the Zephyr's Navi system as having the best satisfaction rate.

The one on my LS (Denso) was rated highest a year or 2 ago as well. Getting into a friends new Mazda5 I was very dissapointed with having to use some joystick thingy on her Navi, to run all over the map to select icons...whereas on the LS it's just touch-screen and sssoooo much easier.

Also noticed that Lexus uses the same system which is why I was able to program hers as easily as well. Ironically a friend bought his Lexus WITH Navi since he enjoyed using it on mine...go figure.

Heh any good news at this time is something to build upon!! As Richard likes to say...baby steps. NOTE: I did not say that!

But I could care less about a nav system in a vehicle...they dominate the center console...add confusion and how much do you think they will cost to repair in 5 years...it is like a tv...when is the last time you took one to the zenith repairman?

But heh...that is what people want so give it to them.

The Problem with this survey is this -- The Zephyr system is the same as the Freestyle, Explorer, Mountaineer and the Five -Hundered. How can they all have different scores?

Its like the system in the LS, Town Car, Navigator(pre '07), and Avaitor - they are all the same (desno)

The Problem with this survey is this -- The Zephyr system is the same as the Freestyle, Explorer, Mountaineer and the Five -Hundered. How can they all have different scores?

Its like the system in the LS, Town Car, Navigator(pre '07), and Avaitor - they are all the same (desno)

I don't think the Zep system is exactly the same. I think in the Ford & Merc versions it's not voice activated....

But I could care less about a nav system in a vehicle...they dominate the center console...add confusion and how much do you think they will cost to repair in 5 years...it is like a tv...when is the last time you took one to the zenith repairman?

Whens the last time you had to fix a TV? Most electronic items last for years and years without any thing happening to them, unless they get spiked by lightning.

Yes adding Nav or AWD to a car can add potential for something else to break, but for the most part it won't. Its nearly as bad as saying, I won't get the V6 since it has extra 2 cyc over the I4, thus it break more :rolleyes:

Errrr...the Fusion, Five Hundred, and others just did VERY well with CR, among others.

High satisfaction rating acheived. Thanks for playing.

I don't think the Zep system is exactly the same. I think in the Ford & Merc versions it's not voice activated....

Didn't think the Zep was either (didn't see it in the one I was in) -- the New Navi/Expy(07) system is, as is the old Desno System, the one is the Zep -- and other Fords can read you directions, it will say "Turn left on Michigan Ave", but you cant say "I'm hungry for Chinese Food" like on the old Desno system, or Navi/Expy system and have it show you Chinese restaurant locations. The new Expy/Navi system is the best of both worlds, reads you street names and you can talk to it. Desno you can talk to but it won't say street names and the Pioneer (in most Fords) system will say street names but you can't talk to it

With both the old Desno and new Expy/Navi system you have 90% of all the hardware there for Bluetooth yet they don't offer it.

Edited by jasonj80

Ford must not've figured there was a market for Bluetooth, to justify costs....

Stupid thinking. Fortunately with the options on the Edge (including the too-cool VistaRoof), Ford seems to be shaking that off--let people complain about what the thing costs with every option box ticked. Full factory Bluetooth integration comes on line next summer, across most of the Ford range--I'm guessing we'll see it in everything from the Focus to the Expedition......

Whens the last time you had to fix a TV? Most electronic items last for years and years without any thing happening to them, unless they get spiked by lightning.

Yes adding Nav or AWD to a car can add potential for something else to break, but for the most part it won't. Its nearly as bad as saying, I won't get the V6 since it has extra 2 cyc over the I4, thus it break more :rolleyes:

Not nearly the same....

I don't fix a tv....and that is my point. What do you think the lifespan of that unit is....120k..maybe 150k...maybe 100k...so if you average 15k a year it may take 7-8 years...but in atlanta where the average commute is much higher that would be down towards 6 years and I would be willing to bet the cost of replacing one of these is north of $1k...and you cannot live without your heater, ac, etc.

I just do not see the point....give me a choice even if it was a no cost option I would rather not have it.

What do you think the lifespan of that unit is....120k..maybe 150k...maybe 100k...

Actually, I believe the MTBF would be in hours of operation, not miles the thing it's in is driven....

Is a good point though, what with the stereo controls and everything being in it (on pricier vehicles the HVAC controls are also in there).

Of course, if you call up Denso and ask them what the MTBF is, do you think you'll get an answer?

Errrr...the Fusion, Five Hundred, and others just did VERY well with CR, among others.

High satisfaction rating acheived. Thanks for playing.

Clearly you are part of the Ford flock. You missed the whole point. Point being, as stated so a 4 year old can understand is that anybody (Ford, GM, Toyota, etc.) giddy about press they got for a piece of euipment in their car that someone else builds is really stretching for attention. Car makers need to take credit for the whole car and a single piece of equipment like a navigation system. Although offered in the Zeph, it isnt bought by everyone so its a bragging point that does not affect everyone who buys that car. Be proud of the interior fit and finish or ride quality of the chassis. That is something that everyone gets when they buy the car.