New Product in Pipeline

kcsuperduty

The 150 was basically a new front end, and boring. They did take questions, but only read/answered about 5 or so, tonight.

I was not very impresses overall. The new Lincoln lineup will be the most exciting, if you can et excited about them.

We know the Escape is a dud, but the 09 F-150 too? They can't afford that kind of mistake, in what way was it underwhelming? Just styling? Or something else?

No Aussie falcon? Is Ford becoming a strictly FWD car company other than te Mustang? :sos:

I would not call it a dud...I was just expecting more. All the major stuff is going to be inside and underneath.

Are these just wet dreams like the 49 ford model they showed or something they are actually going to produce?? They cant even get the Edge in production !!

No, they were actual cars that are going into production between now and 2010.

Didn't we just hear the Fields sent the F150 team back to the drawing board to make more radical changes? If so then they haven't had time to change anything. That was just a few weeks ago.

they went back to the drawing board early this year. Seems that is how I managed to get the bid to work on the 09....the build phase got pushed back to the time of the 07 launch period so they needed people to work on it while the launch team was back at DTP doing the 07.

I would not call it a dud...I was just expecting more. All the major stuff is going to be inside and underneath.

Isn't that the mistake they've made so many times already? Updating everything but the sheetmetal so nobody knows it's new?

I'm looking forward to the new engines though, I'm dying to see what the Hurricane puts out..

No, they were actual cars that are going into production between now and 2010.

No US Falcon or any type of RWD sedan? I can't believe Ford would go strictly FWD!

they went back to the drawing board early this year. Seems that is how I managed to get the bid to work on the 09....the build phase got pushed back to the time of the 07 launch period so they needed people to work on it while the launch team was back at DTP doing the 07.

I was hoping they'd do something with the sides and bed, looks way to shoeboxy to me, so boring looking..

The Fusion, Milan and Z will all be refreshed, shortly.

The F150 "looked" as if it was just a facelift, it may very well be more than that. I was hoping for a Ranger replacement to show up...and some info on SVT....and maybe alt. fuel vehicles. They did say that there are still some stuff that they are not telling us.

The Fusion, Milan and Z will all be refreshed, shortly.

The F150 "looked" as if it was just a facelift, it may very well be more than that. I was hoping for a Ranger replacement to show up...and some info on SVT....and maybe alt. fuel vehicles. They did say that there are still some stuff that they are not telling us.

I saw the vehicles and witb my Ford Employee hat on and thought not bad. Then I stepped back as a consumer and looked at the onslaught of competition vs. these new vehicles. I did not see anything groundbreaking that another company is not already producing. Then to have to wait until 2009+?????? They will be dated when they hit the street.

I am convinced that these products are not exciting enough to stabilize our market share. I sent my resume out to 20 places tonight. After 10 years, I am done. I am very disappointed by the big show. :censored:

I saw the vehicles and witb my Ford Employee hat on and thought not bad. Then I stepped back as a consumer and looked at the onslaught of competition vs. these new vehicles. I did not see anything groundbreaking that another company is not already producing. Then to have to wait until 2009+?????? They will be dated when they hit the street.

I am convinced that these products are not exciting enough to stabilize our market share. I sent my resume out to 20 places tonight. After 10 years, I am done. I am very disappointed by the big show. :censored:

I am disheartened by what I am reading as well. If you look at the times throughout history that Ford was in the tank- the late 1920s, after World War II, the early 1980s- the way that Ford pulled themselves out was through product. I do not have too much confidence in this management team's statement that this is a "product-led" turnaround.

Want to turn things around? Scan your worldwide network for the best products that you have and build them here- the European Focus series, the Austrailian Falcon Series, etc. The rest of the product- the F-Series, Explorer, Five Hundred, etcetra, come out with all-new bodies and styling in a two year time frame- even if this means putting some powertrains and other performance enhancements on the back burner. Remember, at the end of the day it is STYLING and quility that get people into the showroom as opposed to new engines, hybreds, and suspensions.

Derek How did you register? When I follow the links from the email I'm directed to the SWL page. I enter my ID and get the message that this event is for salary employees only. I want to go!!

It's over. But there is another session on Dec 11, regestration starts Dec 5th.

• 2 weeks later...
Agreed, the '09 F150 was underwhelming. I guess this is the point of such an evevnt, though - they'll get a good ammount of feedback from all of us in time to adjust if they see fit.

I wish they showed a better shot of the '10 mustang on the webcast - what they DID show us looked solid, though.

The transit was a surprise guest, and will put the Dodge Sprinter out of business.

Swizco

I wish they would bring over more of the overseas vehicles. The transit is already on sale everywhere but North America. The Aussies have some really nice sedans with the 5.4L, where's ours? Like the Falcon XR8 with 348HP, what the %^$$?

I wish they would bring over more of the overseas vehicles. The transit is already on sale everywhere but North America. The Aussies have some really nice sedans with the 5.4L, where's ours? Like the Falcon XR8 with 348HP, what the %^$$?

If Ford would get their head out of their ass, they would see what America is wanting. They wait forever to bring the focus platform over until it's almost tooo late.

• 1 month later...
If Ford would get their head out of their ass, they would see what America is wanting. They wait forever to bring the focus platform over until it's almost tooo late.

Have you looked at the price point of the Euro-Focus? Research it...The Euro Focus starts at $31K...you'll find very quickly there aren't many (Read VERY SMALL MARKET) US consumers willing to pay that much for a car that small.

• 2 weeks later...
Have you looked at the price point of the Euro-Focus? Research it...The Euro Focus starts at $31K...you'll find very quickly there aren't many (Read VERY SMALL MARKET) US consumers willing to pay that much for a car that small.

I don't think it would cost anywhere near $31k. A base european focus goes for about GBP 11k including VAT (a 17% sales tax). Minus VAT and converted to US currency, thats about $18k. Sure, more than what we're accustomed to paying here, but comparable to a similarly equipped MINI.