thanks bill ford &mark fields

napdadof3

just a little note to say thank you bill and mark for the or should say for a christmas my family and thousands others will i am sure will remember and never forget as we all are just put on the burner because of the ill decisions of the leadership --i say this because of just watching about how mark fields and others just waste money by flying around just to be home every week on a company gulfstream at the tune of not sure but somewere around 30-70,000 dollars and the speech was a clincher (we all have to sacrafice) well i dont agree we the employees are suffering and hardship is beyond what you may think . all of us workers have families kids mom dads and so on . THANK YOU AS WE ALL WILL NEVER FORGET THE HOLIDAYS AS OUR EASTER HERE AT NAP WAS DONE IN BY THE NEWS AND XMAS WILL BE TO THANK YOU --YOU SHOULD GET A PLANE TICKET JUST LIKE THE REST OF US -BUT OF COURSE THE ONES LIKE US NOT WORKING -WAITING FOR PAY CHECKS WEEKS BEHIND AND LAYOFF WEEKS AND SUB PAY LIKE THE WEATHER WE COULDNT EVEN GET A TICKET --PUT YOUR PLANE USE AND WASTE OF COMPANY MONEY TO GOOD USE WHERE ITS NEEDED -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------MERRY CHRISTMAS :heartbreaker:

How about a special thanks to all of our UAW brothers and sisters who drive everything except a Ford product and tell you "Well it's my money and I'll spend it as I please." Then they have a nerve to complain because a plant is closing. Our own UAW brothers and sisters help put us out of business. Market share is down for Ford and GM. :blah: :blah: :blah:

How about a special thanks to all of our UAW brothers and sisters who drive everything except a Ford product and tell you "Well it's my money and I'll spend it as I please." Then they have a nerve to complain because a plant is closing. Our own UAW brothers and sisters help put us out of business. Market share is down for Ford and GM. :blah: :blah: :blah:

YEAS YOU ARE RIGHT IN WHAT YOU SAY 100% I AM A FORD WORKER THAT DOES DRIVE A GM, BUT THAT BECAUSE I HAVE NOT BOUGHT NEW CARS OR TRUCKS IN A LONG TIME BUT THATS BECAUSE OF TRYING TO GIVE FAMILY GREAT PLACE TO LIVE AND GOOD LIFE (KIDS AND ALL) BUT YOU ARE CORRECTIN YOUR REPLY ABOUT ALOT OF BROTHERS AND SISTERS THAT WILL JUST GO OUT AND BUY NEW CARS BUT NONE OF OURS WHICH THEN I SEE ALOT OF THEM SAY WHY WOULD THEY CLOSE US DOWN OR LAYOFF -BUT THEY DROVE UP IN A TOYO-OR SOME OTHER POCKET CAR- GOOD LUCK ALL AND HOPE IT WORKS OUT WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE IN DEPARTING (BUYOUTS) :reading:

YEAS YOU ARE RIGHT IN WHAT YOU SAY 100% I AM A FORD WORKER THAT DOES DRIVE A GM, BUT THAT BECAUSE I HAVE NOT BOUGHT NEW CARS OR TRUCKS IN A LONG TIME BUT THATS BECAUSE OF TRYING TO GIVE FAMILY GREAT PLACE TO LIVE AND GOOD LIFE (KIDS AND ALL) BUT YOU ARE CORRECTIN YOUR REPLY ABOUT ALOT OF BROTHERS AND SISTERS THAT WILL JUST GO OUT AND BUY NEW CARS BUT NONE OF OURS WHICH THEN I SEE ALOT OF THEM SAY WHY WOULD THEY CLOSE US DOWN OR LAYOFF -BUT THEY DROVE UP IN A TOYO-OR SOME OTHER POCKET CAR- GOOD LUCK ALL AND HOPE IT WORKS OUT WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE IN DEPARTING (BUYOUTS) :reading:

I usually never scold anyone for their responses on a forum, but based on your grammer and the fact that your typing in all caps (Meant SCREAMING)... It doesn't surprise me that your driving a GM...

Sorry, but you should really try reading your post before posting.. And by chance if you aren't aware, it is usually not nice to type in all CAPS, it is very difficult to read...

Sorry for the rant, but it's sad to see these workers driving brand X vehicles....

A salesman that tried telling me that the Ford truck is better than GM, but, he's driving a GM, is not that good of a salesman....

Likewise, don't bitch if your getting layed off, especially due to Ford right sizing their production... That's just like someone complaining about who's elected when they didn't vote.

Edited by musclford

Been saying that for years.

What a shame.

I agree with the slogan: "don't bite the hands that feed you". I work @ Ford so I drive Ford products. One was made in Kansas City, the other in Louisville. Both SUV's are very good, couldn't be happier with the quality. It does break my heart how Ford is doing things these days though. They are closing plants left and right, moving as much as they can down to Mexico, if they could close every American facility and move it to Mexico, they would...and they just might before it's over with. So, here's what I'm getting at.....if that would happen (move all plants to Mex.) then how could Ford claim to be an "American car" co? You have Honda and Toyota building plants over here left and right....putting AMERICANS to work. Which is better, buying a car from an American car company built down in Mexico or buying a foreign car built in the USA by Americans? Something to think about. Like I said from the get go...."don't bite the hands that feed you". But if they quit feeding you, then what would you do?

Edited by fantasyfrank

I agree, I see so many co-workers pulling up in chryslers, foreign cars, etc. into the ford parking lot. I am one of the ones who is ready to move on and do something else, so I'm taking the buyout, however for as long as I am working at ford I will continue to drive a ford vehicle. Both times that I have purchased cars since I have been working for ford (almost 12 years) I have bought ford vehicles. I also have the fia account (formerly the ford money market) and ford stock. Just makes sense to support the company you work for when it directly affects your employment, bonuses, etc. Yet for some reason many people just don't see the connection and feel they should be able to drive up in a ford parking lot everyday where they make their ford pay check in whatever vehicle they please. And they are probably some of the main ones not wanting to take the buyout and are trying to hold on for dear life to their ford job. Everytime you buy anything other than a ford you are helping to keep the other car company profitable, keeping their stock up, and maybe even helping to ensure that their employees will get a nice profit sharing check, but what is it doing for ford's profits, your paycheck, your profit sharing check, etc. ? Nothing. Maybe this crisis will cause some people to re-evaluate how they may have helped to contribute to the problem of what's going on now with ford. And if they are still employed at ford when the company overcomes some of it's obstacles, and starts being profitable again, they will think twice before buying another competitor's vehicle over a Ford.

Edited by ford14

I usually never scold anyone for their responses on a forum, but based on your grammer and the fact that your typing in all caps (Meant SCREAMING)... It doesn't surprise me that your driving a GM...

Sorry, but you should really try reading your post before posting.. And by chance if you aren't aware, it is usually not nice to type in all CAPS, it is very difficult to read...

Sorry for the rant, but it's sad to see these workers driving brand X vehicles....

A salesman that tried telling me that the Ford truck is better than GM, but, he's driving a GM, is not that good of a salesman....

Likewise, don't bitch if your getting layed off, especially due to Ford right sizing their production... That's just like someone complaining about who's elected when they didn't vote.

i think in general the post is about waste of money in company-and alot of it because i drive a big 3 vehicle doesnt mean i dont support ford. if everyone drove a ford to their plant we wouldnt have this problem ---idont think so .these problems with ford are deeper than the employee buying a vehicle we build -the waste of money we see everyday at work or the ranks is unreal and we all know it .sorry if all took the wrong idea of what i said on post but my point was the money waste . by the way because i drive gm now doesnt mean i dont like ford its what i had when i started and its what i will use till its of no use anymore .just have not bought new ford yet thats all --sorry about the caps -no intentions of screaming or other .just posting --and yes it has been edited (the original post because of some of the turned around responses that were posted)

i think in general the post is about waste of money in company-and alot of it because i drive a big 3 vehicle doesnt mean i dont support ford. if everyone drove a ford to their plant we wouldnt have this problem ---idont think so .these problems with ford are deeper than the employee buying a vehicle we build -the waste of money we see everyday at work or the ranks is unreal and we all know it .sorry if all took the wrong idea of what i said on post but my point was the money waste . by the way because i drive gm now doesnt mean i dont like ford its what i had when i started and its what i will use till its of no use anymore .just have not bought new ford yet thats all --sorry about the caps -no intentions of screaming or other .just posting --and yes it has been edited (the original post because of some of the turned around responses that were posted)

then make sure you have your facts in order first before you rant.

You drive a GM. And that's Fields' fault? You want a bigger house in a gated community. And that is Fields' fault? Or the UAW's fault? Or your brothers' fault?

Fields is wasting money. On that we all agree. So is Bill But lets take away their plane fare. Limos too. That will amount to less than 50 brothers being kept on. Not thousands.

There is a much bigger problem here than Bill and Mark sucking on the corporate teat. Even if you fire both, and let's assume the board fires Mulally too. You still need to hire a new CEO. Even if thats Carlos Ghosn or some other hotshot, the going rate (salary, signing bonus, stock options, limos, plane rides, meal allownace, etc) will be just as high or higher to get someone to helm the sinking ship.

It really sucks that brothers are being let go. It really sucks that the company is headed intho the toilet. If you have the opportunity to take the buyout, do so. No jobs in MI? Then head to a state that does with that check in your pocket. THAT is how you will give your kids a better life.

Time to stop pointing fingers. Cant trust the company? Then find another job. Take your future into your own hands and dont leave it up to someone else to guide your future.

Jeezus, it goes so much deeper than the plane thing. Dumb-ass ford worlds printed at Lord knows what expense, doing things on the cheap to the point that some major parts of design intent are left completely out of the process, whining about North American profitability when we have kept Ford's bullshit European/S.American/Asian operations afloat for the last two decades, and on and on.

The plane thing with Fields is just a bit of rubbing it in our face and makes for good press. Take every copy of Ford World and the last year of crapola spam snail mailings and put them in the middle of your parking lot on New Years eve and set that shit on fire!!

Take photos of every consultant, who along with their good ole boy network buddys are raping the company and wringing every last dime out of it before they finally are on oxygen tanks and unable to wheel themselves into the plant, and plaster their pictures with WANTED FOR GRAND THEFT all over your plant.

There is no rain without thunder and lightning !! There are no crops without plowing up some earth. Do your job as they tell you to do it, give them no excuses to come at you, work sefely(really not slowly as in some bullshit protest), and make your voice heard through your US AND STATE REPS as well as union folks.

If not then sit back, shut the fuck up, and wait for the roof to cave in.

Anytime ford wants to step up and make something I wanna drive infused with alittle quality.....They step up and then I will but I am not gonna throw 20,000 out the window on junk

Anytime ford wants to step up and make something I wanna drive infused with alittle quality.....They step up and then I will but I am not gonna throw 20,000 out the window on junk

Somebody must be spending 20,000 on this so called junk or you would not have a job. Go get a great job at the Honda factory if it is that damn good. They probably would not hire you anyway because they don't like union or ex union members. :blah: :blah: :blah:

Somebody must be spending 20,000 on this so called junk or you would not have a job. Go get a great job at the Honda factory if it is that damn good. They probably would not hire you anyway because they don't like union or ex union members. :blah: :blah: :blah:

There's a Honda plant in Tallapoosa Alabama hiring Ex-Ford workers by the dozens.$9 an hour top out at $14.Sounds great don't it?

Buy what you build!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a Honda plant in Tallapoosa Alabama hiring Ex-Ford workers by the dozens.$9 an hour top out at $14.Sounds great don't it?

Buy what you build!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Honda plant in Greensbug, Ind (scheduled to open in a few yrs) is starting off at $24 an hour. Wonder why the Honda plant in Alabama is starting out at $9 an hour? You would think Honda plants pay the same. I agree with you with "buy what you build". I've said this once and I'll say it again, I STILL can't believe Ford closed AAP. Just goes to show you no matter how good of a job you do for the company, they could care less. Edited by fantasyfrank

The Honda plant in Greensbug, Ind (scheduled to open in a few yrs) is starting off at $24 an hour. Wonder why the Honda plant in Alabama is starting out at $9 an hour? You would think Honda plants pay the same. I agree with you with "buy what you build". I've said this once and I'll say it again, I STILL can't believe Ford closed AAP. Just goes to show you no matter how good of a job you do for the company, they could care less.

$24 is a full time gig.

Toyota, Nissan and Honda class you as a temp for a few years first. I've read stroies on the internet of Toyota workers temping for up to 5 years before being classed as full time workers.

The temp jobs obviously pay less.

That quality comes from YOU and I. We are responsible for that. Design is out of our control, quality is NOT. We all need to improve on that to catch Japan and Korea. Remember that China's not far from jumping into the auto industry so be ready for yet another overseas competitor. We up our quality standards to the foreign makers and Americans will jump on board and support our products.

American makers are improving on design, and Ford's beginning to wake up as well. Flexible agreements at our plants are going to be a mainstay, we that are staying on better be ready to change the way business runs in our plants. Instead of screaming strike, going out and buying Toyotas, and blaming the UAW for endorsing COA's we better focus on the bigger picture and do what we can to keep our business profitable for Ford and ourselves.

There is a much bigger problem here than Bill and Mark sucking on the corporate teat.

I have to disagree.

They should lead by example.

Bill inherited a healthy icon of America that provided a good life for generations of hard working people. History will write that on his watch Ford Motor Company suffered the most destructive retreat in it's 100 year history. I hope he is proud. Mark and the other clowns don't care, their family name is not on the building and in the end they will have been paid millions even if the company is destroyed in the process.

As others have stated the only purpose for closing plants here in America and throwing 35,000 Americans out of work is to build using third world modern day slave labor and pocket more profit. It took decades but the big American companies finally paid the politicans (of BOTH parties) enough money to tear down the trade laws that protected American workers. Now with their shield down big business is moving in for the kill. In a different era their actions would have been considered treason.

In a perfect world the local government of each and every plant closed would re-assess the value of the property those vacant plants sit on and tax the hell out of Ford Motor Company. I'm talking BIG f...ing money here, enough to wipe out any profit the company thought they would enjoy. This new special tax penality structure could be combined with an EPA anal exam of the property. And we all know local government can make the sale of those properties by Ford very difficult as well. It should be easier for the locals to do that than it was for big business to change federal trade laws.

Guess I'm feeling a little vindictive today.

maybe im a little jaded but here is my feeling. if the top brass didnt waste the money they do sure it would only pay for 50 or so jobs on the line. but it would also be enough to redesign 2 or more models. which could save 2 plants. gas prices have been up for a few years yet ford spent no money on cars. they put all of it in trucks and suvs. i understand the bread and butter trucks need money. but if the cars and the ranger(yes im a bit biased on this one), taurus, focus and a new sub compact got a little money they could be sales leaders making profit as well. they took their paycheck and spent it all in one place. i will mention the ranger cause i know more about it than other models. as far as i know its still number one in sales, but loosing ground to all other manufacturers. the ranger has beaten the imports in quality on a regular basis. perception of quality is the problem. while fords quality have improved, our reputation is still tarnished. with the current design of the ranger going on 15 years old (new front suspension in 98) why pay top dollar for a new one when a used one looks the same. the same went for the taurus. too few updates. they invested nothing in the ranger to keep it number one. they told us cost to re-tool was part of the decision. now if the ranger had been updated on a decent basis and we got new tooling with that, it wouldnt cost too much now. i could be wrong on this one but aside from most of boxes and the dap matrix, a lot of it is from 93 or earlier. so basically tcap has been abandoned by ford and left to die even though our product was selling. we build quality out of the crap parts some of our vendors send. and ford created part of that problem too. pushing vendors for cheap parts over quality lately and paying line workers to fix the parts. ford basically has no clue how to manage its products. all models need to be updated because no one knows what the market will do. its cheap insurance. shrinking the company to increase profit just sounds stupid.

and a few questions i have:

why cant we build a 4x4 ranger with a 4cyl?

why cant we put a v-8 in a ranger?

why didnt the taurus keep the 4cly? or manual trans?

why no maunual trans with a v8 f-150?

why is it fords new models come out about 3 years after the competitors?

why is it when they do come out they look like the competitors only more bland?

and as far as driving what you build. it is the best thing to do but not always easy to do. when i started i was driving a 200 dollar chevy. then i went to a 500 dollar chevy.(i couldnt find a cheap ford) 4 of my last five vehicles were new fords. last year i got a chevy for dirt cheap that was better on gas than my truck. so i drove it. i have since sold it and got a used mercury. i have been a ford man since i got my first car. but sometimes chevys are cheaper. and i prefer to buy uaw made in the usa fords. i wish everyone did. if i worked for gm id be a ford man driving a uaw made in the usa gm, wishing everyone did the same.

now the question comes up which is better usa made import or foreign made big 2.5?(not including canada on account of fair trade and caw). i say neither.

for example the mexican made fusion. ford gets the money, but who does it benefit? mexican workers on the line? executives in america? ford family? does the american public benefit?

take the nissan frontier. nissan gets the money, who does it benefit? the american workers on the line? executives in japan? does the american public benefit?

but if say nissan come to make more cars in the usa than ford then id say the nissan. because it would benefit more americans.

my stupid rant is over i feel better now. let the beating begin im ready :finger:

maybe im a little jaded but here is my feeling. if the top brass didnt waste the money they do sure it would only pay for 50 or so jobs on the line. but it would also be enough to redesign 2 or more models. which could save 2 plants. gas prices have been up for a few years yet ford spent no money on cars. they put all of it in trucks and suvs. i understand the bread and butter trucks need money. but if the cars and the ranger(yes im a bit biased on this one), taurus, focus and a new sub compact got a little money they could be sales leaders making profit as well. they took their paycheck and spent it all in one place. i will mention the ranger cause i know more about it than other models. as far as i know its still number one in sales, but loosing ground to all other manufacturers. the ranger has beaten the imports in quality on a regular basis. perception of quality is the problem. while fords quality have improved, our reputation is still tarnished. with the current design of the ranger going on 15 years old (new front suspension in 98) why pay top dollar for a new one when a used one looks the same. the same went for the taurus. too few updates. they invested nothing in the ranger to keep it number one. they told us cost to re-tool was part of the decision. now if the ranger had been updated on a decent basis and we got new tooling with that, it wouldnt cost too much now. i could be wrong on this one but aside from most of boxes and the dap matrix, a lot of it is from 93 or earlier. so basically tcap has been abandoned by ford and left to die even though our product was selling. we build quality out of the crap parts some of our vendors send. and ford created part of that problem too. pushing vendors for cheap parts over quality lately and paying line workers to fix the parts. ford basically has no clue how to manage its products. all models need to be updated because no one knows what the market will do. its cheap insurance. shrinking the company to increase profit just sounds stupid.

and a few questions i have:

why cant we build a 4x4 ranger with a 4cyl?

why cant we put a v-8 in a ranger?

why didnt the taurus keep the 4cly? or manual trans?

why no maunual trans with a v8 f-150?

why is it fords new models come out about 3 years after the competitors?

why is it when they do come out they look like the competitors only more bland?

and as far as driving what you build. it is the best thing to do but not always easy to do. when i started i was driving a 200 dollar chevy. then i went to a 500 dollar chevy.(i couldnt find a cheap ford) 4 of my last five vehicles were new fords. last year i got a chevy for dirt cheap that was better on gas than my truck. so i drove it. i have since sold it and got a used mercury. i have been a ford man since i got my first car. but sometimes chevys are cheaper. and i prefer to buy uaw made in the usa fords. i wish everyone did. if i worked for gm id be a ford man driving a uaw made in the usa gm, wishing everyone did the same.

now the question comes up which is better usa made import or foreign made big 2.5?(not including canada on account of fair trade and caw). i say neither.

for example the mexican made fusion. ford gets the money, but who does it benefit? mexican workers on the line? executives in america? ford family? does the american public benefit?

take the nissan frontier. nissan gets the money, who does it benefit? the american workers on the line? executives in japan? does the american public benefit?

but if say nissan come to make more cars in the usa than ford then id say the nissan. because it would benefit more americans.

my stupid rant is over i feel better now. let the beating begin im ready :finger:

No beating from me...EXCELLENT Post!!

I have to disagree.

They should lead by example.

Bill inherited a healthy icon of America that provided a good life for generations of hard working people. History will write that on his watch Ford Motor Company suffered the most destructive retreat in it's 100 year history. I hope he is proud. Mark and the other clowns don't care, their family name is not on the building and in the end they will have been paid millions even if the company is destroyed in the process.

As others have stated the only purpose for closing plants here in America and throwing 35,000 Americans out of work is to build using third world modern day slave labor and pocket more profit. It took decades but the big American companies finally paid the politicans (of BOTH parties) enough money to tear down the trade laws that protected American workers. Now with their shield down big business is moving in for the kill. In a different era their actions would have been considered treason.

In a perfect world the local government of each and every plant closed would re-assess the value of the property those vacant plants sit on and tax the hell out of Ford Motor Company. I'm talking BIG f...ing money here, enough to wipe out any profit the company thought they would enjoy. This new special tax penality structure could be combined with an EPA anal exam of the property. And we all know local government can make the sale of those properties by Ford very difficult as well. It should be easier for the locals to do that than it was for big business to change federal trade laws.

Guess I'm feeling a little vindictive today.

I agree. Junior gets a free pass so many times, but look at some of the people he hired. Mark Fields who is as fake as a $3 bill, and being in his position for a year, we hear more about his airplane use and wasteful personal spending than we do about new product coming to Ford. We have a CFO that can't add and is now opening up Ford to SEC investigations. We have manufacturing VPs that double production capacity in Mexico while at the same time cry "overcapcity" in the US.

If Junior's name was not on the building, he would have been out a long time ago. I think hiring Mually was just a desperation move on Junior's part because he sees the family fortune going up in smoke. Mually is more or less becoming something he promised he was not- an axe man. As each day goes by, I am less convinced Mually is the man for the job- he is just a yes person that tells Junior what he wants to hear.

I know that I am going to get a lot of criticism from this, but one common thread is William Clay Ford Junior. Look over the past ten years- declining market share, mega losses with no hope for profits for at least another three years (after being promised profitability a year ago), and an adminstration that appears aloof and uncaring; one that is too ignorant to look at the truth- your product sucks in a lot of areas- but you are too proud to do an alliance with someone that could help.

I agree with you as well about the local governments. In Edison, NJ, they gave Ford hell about contaminated concrete from the site that was trucked off, and made Ford retrieve it. I agree that the UAW and municipalities should make it so expensive to close plants that they will think twice before doing so. However, when we have ignorant city managers like the one we have here in Wixom that is actally HAPPY that Ford is moving out so a shopping center, office building, and subdivision can be built on site (in a real estate market that is the worst in the country) collective acton is hard to undertake. But I agree, cooperation has not worked. There needs to be healthy conflict- or at least the threat of it- to make Ford think outside the box that the cure to its problems go far beyond firing employees, closing plants, destroying communities and families. Until Ford bombards the market with exciting and new product, and have a plan to regain market share, we can only expect the worst.

Mark Fields who is as fake as a $3 bill, and being in his position for a year, we hear more about his airplane use and wasteful personal spending than we do about new product coming to Ford.

I guess you cant read very well. Fords future product is very well publisized.

We have a CFO that can't add and is now opening up Ford to SEC investigations.

the EC investigations are politically movitaed. Nothing more.

Also, there is a little law called Sarbanes-Oxley. This is the reason earnings get restated. Because they need to be reported in a new way. Nothing more.

IIf Junior's name was not on the building, he would have been out a long time ago.

75% the company has a job because they know someone. The dogfuckers and druggies dont get fired because they know people.

Let's be realistic here. You are accusing Billy of something most are also guilty of.

I agree. Junior gets a free pass so many times, but look at some of the people he hired. Mark Fields who is as fake as a $3 bill, and being in his position for a year, we hear more about his airplane use and wasteful personal spending than we do about new product coming to Ford. We have a CFO that can't add and is now opening up Ford to SEC investigations. We have manufacturing VPs that double production capacity in Mexico while at the same time cry "overcapcity" in the US.

If Junior's name was not on the building, he would have been out a long time ago. I think hiring Mually was just a desperation move on Junior's part because he sees the family fortune going up in smoke. Mually is more or less becoming something he promised he was not- an axe man. As each day goes by, I am less convinced Mually is the man for the job- he is just a yes person that tells Junior what he wants to hear.

I know that I am going to get a lot of criticism from this, but one common thread is William Clay Ford Junior. Look over the past ten years- declining market share, mega losses with no hope for profits for at least another three years (after being promised profitability a year ago), and an adminstration that appears aloof and uncaring; one that is too ignorant to look at the truth- your product sucks in a lot of areas- but you are too proud to do an alliance with someone that could help.

I agree with you as well about the local governments. In Edison, NJ, they gave Ford hell about contaminated concrete from the site that was trucked off, and made Ford retrieve it. I agree that the UAW and municipalities should make it so expensive to close plants that they will think twice before doing so. However, when we have ignorant city managers like the one we have here in Wixom that is actally HAPPY that Ford is moving out so a shopping center, office building, and subdivision can be built on site (in a real estate market that is the worst in the country) collective acton is hard to undertake. But I agree, cooperation has not worked. There needs to be healthy conflict- or at least the threat of it- to make Ford think outside the box that the cure to its problems go far beyond firing employees, closing plants, destroying communities and families. Until Ford bombards the market with exciting and new product, and have a plan to regain market share, we can only expect the worst.

I know most of you do not like Mark Fields but at least give him credit for adding content to some of our autos instead of removing content. Example: Made side air curtains standard on the Fusion and Ford 500 type of cars and making AWD available. He understands we have to develop our own identity. Customers like features and benefits and he is demanding that we improve style and dependability. :shades: :happy feet: :stirpot:

I know most of you do not like Mark Fields but at least give him credit for adding content to some of our autos instead of removing content. Example: Made side air curtains standard on the Fusion and Ford 500 type of cars and making AWD available. He understands we have to develop our own identity. Customers like features and benefits and he is demanding that we improve style and dependability. :shades: :happy feet: :stirpot:

he also resurrected the next generation V8 (Hurricane)

I guess you cant read very well. Fords future product is very well publisized.

the EC investigations are politically movitaed. Nothing more.

Also, there is a little law called Sarbanes-Oxley. This is the reason earnings get restated. Because they need to be reported in a new way. Nothing more.

75% the company has a job because they know someone. The dogfuckers and druggies dont get fired because they know people.

Let's be realistic here. You are accusing Billy of something most are also guilty of.

You can't spell very well either! :shades:

Ford product is well publicized- the Five Hundred/Montego/Freestyle is boring, the Freestar is a flop, the Ranger is an antique....

Side airbags and AWD is good, but it is like putting a dress on a pig. It is styling that will bring 95 percent of the people back to showroom.