Found On Road Dead Again

KYSkipper

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You still never answered the question KY.

"What exactly do you expect us, as Ford employees, to do?

You say that all you've gotten is lip service from Ford employees, all we've gotten was whining from you.

So what do you want?

He wants his truck to be fixed.

He wants to have a truck that is reliable.

He wants to have satisfaction for what he paid for.

He wants Ford to take their responsability.

HE WANTS HIS Fuckin truck to be fixed once and for all.

Shit..... Don't you know how to read???

I can't believe Ford doesn't take care of this.

When they started producing the 6.0l the contract carried a penalty for not meeting the specified production numbers. International then shipped everthing they produced whether it ran or not to avoid the penalty. It was a big cluster f**k.

Fuck off Gerald, I wasn't talking to you cockbreath.

We can't fix his truck, if he wants his robot fixed bring it over.

That's my point. The workers here have no control over if and when his car gets fixed.

Maybe not but it is critical to FMC and the Oakville plants suvival.

I can't believe Ford doesn't take care of this.

When they started producing the 6.0l the contract carried a penalty for not meeting the specified production numbers. International then shipped everthing they produced whether it ran or not to avoid the penalty. It was a big cluster f**k.

Maybe not but it is critical to FMC and the Oakville plants suvival.

voila! But a lot of people think it is already too late....

titanic.gif

KYskipper, I feel bad for you & I'd be pissed off too but you posting all this here where all these folks are worrying about what's going to happen to our collective futures was sort of out of line. You should have gone to one of the more appropriate subforums to complain. I'm sure you were'nt looking for a fight or verbal attacks but I'm sure you can put yourself in our shoes, it was sort of like putting fuel on a fire. None of us, workers,spouses or family need to feel more on the defensive than we already are. Alot of us, just are not in the position to take a buyout & are here for the long haul or until the ship goes down.

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience with your purchase, it can happen at any Auto company & if you don't buy another Ford, that's a shame but at least buy & support your fellow countrymen & buy Domestic.

Best of luck to you

from a stressed out Ford Wife

KYskipper, I feel bad for you & I'd be pissed off too but you posting all this here where all these folks are worrying about what's going to happen to our collective futures was sort of out of line. You should have gone to one of the more appropriate subforums to complain. I'm sure you were'nt looking for a fight or verbal attacks but I'm sure you can put yourself in our shoes, it was sort of like putting fuel on a fire. None of us, workers,spouses or family need to feel more on the defensive than we already are. Alot of us, just are not in the position to take a buyout & are here for the long haul or until the ship goes down.

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience with your purchase, it can happen at any Auto company & if you don't buy another Ford, that's a shame but at least buy & support your fellow countrymen & buy Domestic.

Best of luck to you

from a stressed out Ford Wife

Screw them all. They (KYskipper, thelemon and bluecon) are only on here to trying to give ford a bad name. They sure aren't ford employees. As for KY's truck, ask your friends, if you have any, if they know of a good mechanic. My phone book lists hundreds. It could be something simple like the cheap water downed fuel you buy or the computer is fried because you F**KED IT UP BY TRYING TO REPLACE THE CHIP!

Screw them all. They (KYskipper, thelemon and bluecon) are only on here to trying to give ford a bad name. They sure aren't ford employees. As for KY's truck, ask your friends, if you have any, if they know of a good mechanic. My phone book lists hundreds. It could be something simple like the cheap water downed fuel you buy or the computer is fried because you F**KED IT UP BY TRYING TO REPLACE THE CHIP!

We're not trying: Ford has a bad name... It's not our fault... It's not your fault so who's fault is it??? Tell me!

We're not trying: Ford has a bad name... It's not our fault... It's not your fault so who's fault is it??? Tell me!

I don't care what automotive manufacture you can bring up, someone out there will be pissed off because of something that has happened to them. They (cars, trucks) are mechanical objects and can/will break down. I have owned GMs and a couple of Toyotas throughout 30+ years of driving. I was left stranded twice by the Toyota, my fords and chevys never put me in that position.

I guess I have the good fortune of mechanical knowledge. I can troubleshoot and fix 99% of the problems I have. Sometimes you just have to use a little logic and get your hands dirty.

Not all mechanics are capable of fixing all problems. My exgirlfriend took her company car (honda) to a honda dealer because it was running extremely rough at times. After calling Japan I assume, they changed all the fuel injectors because they didn't have a clue what was wrong. I told the service manager to his face that they were just guessing at the problem. The chances of all the injectors going bad at once are close to impossible. She tried to pick the car up to take it home and couldn't even get it out of the parking lot because of the engine miss. After having it for two more weeks, they figured out the head gasket was leaking causing the random miss. A $50 leakdown tester will tell you that.

It be over. You might hear from the next owner of that piece of junk, but not from me. I left it at the Dodge place. I may be poorer, but I'm done with that aggrivation.

BTW: A computer has very little to do with a turbo that's vanes are stuck because of a misdesigned EGR system and this latest problem, air getting into the fuel lines from somewhere.

Skipper

Running rough and a miss are two different things.

A leak down tester wont always show a head gasket problem. And a random miss is very uncharacteristic of a bad head gasket.

More experts.................. :blah:

Aside from the turbo problem that never was fixed, I believe this latest thing involves a loose fuel line somewhere or fitting somewhere. I suspect when they replaced the EGR cooler, they took something loose and didn't get it properly sealed. The reason for that suspision is the last 3 times I've not been able to start it, I took the cap off the top fuel filter and found it dry, turned the key on and pumped it full, put the cap back on and it started. Pretty much evident it had air in it's fuel system from somewhere. I did change the fuel filters last night, but still had the problem today. These 6 liters are real picky about a perfectly sealed fuel system. Found that out the second time I had the fuel filters changed and that shop didn't get the bottom cap seated just right. The once they towed it in, from the way they described it, it wasn't getting fuel, and the time I towed it, it definitely wasn't getting fuel.

I don't mean this in a bad way toward the technicians, it's the way they are trained today. That said, today's technician relys 100% on a computer to tell them what's wrong, and they all too frequently don't use experience and mechanical knowledge to solve problems. As complicated at the 6.0's fuel system is, the computer isn't going to tell you which line is loose and leaking air. It probably read the ICP wasn't working, the sensor might work right if it was getting fuel instead of air to begin with. Common sense tells you that a diesel that's getting fuel and air has compression and is turning over will start. That's the beauty of diesel, there's no ignition system to drive you nuts with a bunch of electrical parts to go out. You pretty much assume it's getting air, so fuel becomes the logical place to look for an old school wrench. With the 6 liter having so much junk mounted all over the place and 43 miles of wiring and hoses it's not a simple thing to find an air leak either. You can't even begin to get to or see for that matter all of the fuel fittings not to mention the ones in the head that lead to the HUII injectors. At least with an old style common rail, you can probably find the leak easier. That's one advantage the Cummins has, you can pretty much get to and see every part of it when you open the hood, you don't have the radiator overflow sitting on top of the engine in the way not to mention gobs of other stuff.

Skipper

3rd Time since Thanksgiving it wouldn't start. What a hunk.

Skipper

Hahahahahahahahaha, you're killing me..MOFO!!!! you know what they said, do you? for the last 500 FUCKEN TIME, IT'S NOT THAT FUCKEN FUNNY ANYMORE, YOU FUCKEN MORON!!!! go buy yourself a FUCKEN bicycle/tricycle, then go and cry fucken wolf to your MOMMY, no ones give a FLYING FUCK about, how your MOTHER got GANGBANGED or all of that, save it for your future daddy CHESTER. May be he will bang your little SNIVILING ASS TO!!!! you little FUCKEN PUTZ!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahaha, you're killing me..MOFO!!!! you know what they said, do you? for the last 500 FUCKEN TIME, IT'S NOT THAT FUCKEN FUNNY ANYMORE, YOU FUCKEN MORON!!!! go buy yourself a FUCKEN bicycle/tricycle, then go and cry fucken wolf to your MOMMY, no ones give a FLYING FUCK about, how your MOTHER got GANGBANGED or all of that, save it for your future daddy CHESTER. May be he will bang your little SNIVILING ASS TO!!!! you little FUCKEN PUTZ!!!!!

:blah:

I'd rather read him complain than your bull shit.

Running rough and a miss are two different things.

A leak down tester wont always show a head gasket problem. And a random miss is very uncharacteristic of a bad head gasket.

More experts.................. :blah:

The bad gasket/head warpage problem came from an overheating problem. A leak down tester will show more problems than a compression test and will show very small leakages. Missing/incomplete combustion causes the engine to run rough. I suppose you're an expert?

The bad gasket/head warpage problem came from an overheating problem. A leak down tester will show more problems than a compression test and will show very small leakages. Missing/incomplete combustion causes the engine to run rough. I suppose you're an expert?

Ok Sprinter, Im a 25 year Master Certified Service Manager and Warranty Administrator. I am also a Ford Certified Tech including Diesel Certified.

All of that really means nil. Its only paper.

A compression test shows a relative comparison of cylinder balance. Used to point out a weak cylinder.

A leak down test is used primarily to show leakage from valves (loss thru intake) or leakage thru the rings (lower end). It is not what we call a "pin point" test revealing the problem. It only is a guide to the area of problem and tear down is required. You close the valves on each cylinder one at a time, air the cylinder with compressed air and see if you have air comming into the intake or out the tail pipe. You can generally hear it if it has a leak. It doesnt tell you why its leaking it just shows you it is and which cylinder to look for a problem.

The best method to find a slight leakage of combustion would be the cooling system with a radiator chemical test for combustion gasses into the cooling system. On alot of vehicles you could actually see bubbles in the over flow bottle with the engine running.

Want more?

Edited by Jeff Colgrove

Ok Sprinter, Im a 25 year Master Certified Service Manager and Warranty Administrator. I am also a Ford Certified Tech including Diesel Certified.

All of that really means nil. Its only paper.

A compression test shows a relative comparison of cylinder balance. Used to point out a weak cylinder.

A leak down test is used primarily to show leakage from valves (loss thru intake) or leakage thru the rings (lower end). It is not what we call a "pin point" test revealing the problem. It only is a guide to the area of problem and tear down is required. You close the valves on each cylinder one at a time, air the cylinder with compressed air and see if you have air comming into the intake or out the tail pipe. You can generally hear it if it has a leak. It doesnt tell you why its leaking it just shows you it is and which cylinder to look for a problem.

The best method to find a slight leakage of combustion would be the cooling system with a radiator chemical test for combustion gasses into the cooling system. On alot of vehicles you could actually see bubbles in the over flow bottle with the engine running.

Want more?

Hey that is real nice Jeff, you can use all them letters after your name. You might even know what your doing and can really troubleshoot problems. But I have been around the block once or twice and I know for a fact there are many in your trade as with other trades that can't do their job. I am not pretending to be an expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Hey that is real nice Jeff, you can use all them letters after your name. You might even know what your doing and can really troubleshoot problems. But I have been around the block once or twice and I know for a fact there are many in your trade as with other trades that can't do their job. I am not pretending to be an expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

That is all you have been doing is pretending you are an expert. (Pretending is the key word)