Lincoln MKR

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What the heck is "guilt free luxury" anyway?

That's the typical two-faced person who is probably the target market for this.

The one's who are against sexual harrassment, but wish they didn't have to be in the bar, after work, among 'friends'.

The ones who try to sell their product or services to people who actually care about enviromental issues and so get to point out their recycled mohair carpeting and soy plastic as they spew boxcars of carcingeons up their Chinese factory smokestacks and crush 68 Mustangs to offset the runoffs into the Pacific.

The ones who are against abortion, no wait, pro-choice, no wait, "what do YOU think about the issue", that's what they think.

The ones who are Democrats for the Union, but vote Republican because of their tax bracket.

I'm sure you know the type, a LARGE market. Good choice if you want to sell a lot of cars.

I see where there has been a definitive study done. America's obesity problem costs us 1 BILLION extra gallons of gas a year to move all the flab we're packing. They're also the ones who need the "bigger" size vehicles for "safety" reasons.

Straight from the horses mouth.

Ford media/Lincoln MKR

What the heck is "guilt free luxury" anyway?

Hi Jet ;)

The wood in the dash is recycled-remade oak (no new trees cut), the leather in the seats is not tanned with any chromium (an especially difficult heavy-metal plutant to deal with), the rugs are natural mohair, etc.

...and the turbos are made from recycled Hondas <ok, jut kiddin' on that one ;-)>

-Dan

Was probably aimed more at the media than the customers. For some reason Ford has been selected as the whipping-post poster-child by the 'greens' because of overall CAFE nums. Of course they don't quite get that Ford has more trucks in their mix than any other manufacturer and that Honda ad Toyota are not even full-line suppliers. So I think Ford is playing to the greens to show they are serious about environmental impact. I liked that bold-moves video (several vids back) on the Rouge plant too -- good enviro ethic AND good PR both, IMO.

Ford does try much more than other manufacturer's for this specific issue. I don't see the Greenies jumping on GM's or Toy's bandwagon about their lack of irresponsibility. Ford won't live it up for quite awhile. And I say, they shouldnt' focus too much on trying to appease them. When someone has a bone against you, no matter how often your on your knees praying or sucking d---, your still going to look bad either way.... So the hell with it, go down in flames and sin all you want.

Edited by ANTAUS

Ford should make this car NOW! AS IS! No watering down. I'm so tired of seeing the sweet concepts at the Auto Show and then falling asleep at the dealer. It's the reason Ford is where it is now. Get the stick out of your butts and just make it!

OK, recap: Sweet car. Sweet engine. So sweet grill. Do IT.

J.Mack - a tired Ford empoyee.

I thought it shows the car really well; it's a superbly integrated design, from the way the body sits on the tires, to the roof definition with the roof glass and the side window chrome. The body sculpting is restrained, compared to what BMW is doing, but works better, doesn't fight with seams and openings. The back end is what the "Banglebutt" should have been.

Re-work the front, and build it.

Ford should make this car NOW! AS IS! No watering down. I'm so tired of seeing the sweet concepts at the Auto Show and then falling asleep at the dealer. It's the reason Ford is where it is now. Get the stick out of your butts and just make it!

OK, recap: Sweet car. Sweet engine. So sweet grill. Do IT.

J.Mack - a tired Ford empoyee.

+1 They should make it as faithfull to the concept as production consideratios will permit -- it's an awesome car: styling/engine/features -- a breath of fresh air that will get the attention of marginal Lexus/Infinity shoppers and is much better priced.

Do it Ford! Just don't wait until someone else 'steals' it from you (again)! Leadership means dig it right AND first!

I think we'll all agree that this car seem squarely targeting the Mercedes CLS, and is essentially the long-awaited successor to the Mark VIII.

Dimension-wise, it's slightly more snug than the CLS in the back in foot and headroom, and the exterior is slightly wider and shorter.

I think the question we should be asking, is whether this should be Lincoln's top of the line flagship model, as opposed to a more traditional Lincoln in the spirit of the 1961 Continental.

They must build this, this is the first concept/new design from Ford that's looked good in a long time. Keep it as close to the concept as possible, meaning no dropping of the TT 3.5 and they'd have a hit. The only thing that would need changing is the pure concept only interior. Heck, eve on this concept there were only tranny options for P-R-N-D, it's long past due that ford start using a DSG or at least a paddle shifted tranny in high end cars like this...

2070102.006.1L.jpg

I see a pleasant night out ruined when the women riding in back with their husbands in front open the rear doors, swing their legs out, and get calfves-full of road slush/dirt/dust/crap.

BON has that front end posted on the right of this screen, and it is looking worse and worse by the second...now it's looking PT Cruiser-like.

WAO !!!!!

Is the most beautiful Lincoln until the last Mark, the wonderful Mark VIII

Ford team know they need to build this car now....in the next 18 months...not later. This is the modern Mark, a beautiful 4-door coupe. Give it the IRS planed for the Mustang , and sell it for 50 K . It coul be asssembly in the Mustang plant, alonside the Interceptor ( Galaxy or LTD) sedan and wagon.

Bravo !!! Bravo !!! :happy feet:

Not unless Mazda decides to build the Mazda6 elsewhere. There's not nearly enough capacity to add 2 more models to Auto Alliance.

my guess is that Wixom will be un-Idled ... it was idled just to wait for a new Highway ramp, which IIRC is under construction as we speak..

Mustang and Interceptor and MKR move there, and AAI becomes second CD3 plant. ... the way Pioneer has been proposing since forever.

Igor

Not unless Mazda decides to build the Mazda6 elsewhere. There's not nearly enough capacity to add 2 more models to Auto Alliance.

Ok, Ford is closing plants in North America, and you are saying they cant built this cars because they havent capacity??????? forget it..... do it what you need to do, Ford, and do it quick...Toyota and Honda will eat you soon.....very soon

Ok, Ford is closing plants in North America, and you are saying they cant built this cars because they havent capacity??????? forget it..... do it what you need to do, Ford, and do it quick...Toyota and Honda will eat you soon.....very soon

Precisely. They can't just go and throw this product in one of the plants slated to close and call it good enough. Then they'd probably end up with another plant running @ 50% capacity again. Just what they don't need. I see Mazda6 production moving to Hermosillo and perhaps Ford adding a 2nd plant for CD3/EUCD2 production in another 2-3 years. Only then would it really be wise for Ford to try adding these products to the lineup. They'd only then have an affordable place to be produced. Releasing your new product as quickly as possible isn't always the best way to go.

They'd only then have an affordable place to be produced. Releasing your new product as quickly as possible isn't always the best way to go.

That sort of thinking only works if you release THE market dominant product. One that conquers anything else. Any thing less than catagory busting is suicide by radiation poisoning.

Ford waiting on a market SHARE product would be Bold indeed.

That sort of thinking only works if you release THE market dominant product. One that conquers anything else. Any thing less than catagory busting is suicide by radiation poisoning.

Ford waiting on a market SHARE product would be Bold indeed.

But what would be the point of releasing a market share product if you are forced to build it somewhere that would almost guarantee that it would be done so at a loss from the get-go?

Anyways, I started a separate thread for this side topic:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...?showtopic=9447

But what would be the point of releasing a market share product if you are forced to build it somewhere that would almost guarantee that it would be done so at a loss from the get-go?

Anyways, I started a separate thread for this side topic:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...?showtopic=9447

If anyone wants this car you better talk it up. Some say this is just a styling exersize to establish the future Lincoln styling attributes. They will be used on the MKZ and MKS. No MKR is planned.

If anyone wants this car you better talk it up. Some say this is just a styling exersize to establish the future Lincoln styling attributes. They will be used on the MKZ and MKS. No MKR is planned.

How many times have the top Brass said that they were going to stop creating concepts that had no production plans? Now, they do the MKR and do not plan to produce it?! This is just stupid.

Edited by CurtisH