What an Idiot!!!

Footballfan

So this guy is doing his job and stating the truths about what is going on in this industry, and you are calling him a joker?????

I guess he could make 100K a year cleaning toilets at a Ford plant as a union worker!

Maybe that would help increase your market share!!!!!!!!

Edited by IamOut!!!!!

So this guy is doing his job and stating the truths about what is going on in this industry, and you are calling him a joker?????

I guess he could make 100K a year cleaning toilets at a Ford plant as a union worker!

Just wanted to comment on you're name,outta what the closet?

According to this joker economist in this article, Ford is going to loose an additional five points of market share. Why doen't this idiot make himself useful and get a job picking up cans off the road or cleaning toilets?

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...NEWS11/60112009

Reading the article it seems that several economists share this point of view. Just because you and I don't like what is stated doesn't make him an idiot. Please stop burying your head in the sand.

Reading the article it seems that several economists share this point of view. Just because you and I don't like what is stated doesn't make him an idiot. Please stop burying your head in the sand.

And an economist has ever predicted what. Like they say put ten economist in a room and you will get ten opinions but one will be right. Ten economist that agree only means that they have a 90% of being WRONG!

Therfore Footballfan has a 90% of being right and the rest of you only ten. HMMMMMMM who has thier heads in the sand now?

I am sure a pychic, palm reader, or tarot feels they are doing their jobs as well. This guy is making statements that have no facts behind them. To say the domestic share of the market is going to slip to 44 percent as he is saying is just plain ignorant. He is essentially saying that all the new products that GM and Ford are coming out with now will have no impact on reversing market share declines is just plain dumb. And yes the person cleaning the toilets at a Ford plant has more value to the company than this economist.

My head's not in the sand; anyone with ties to the domestic industry have felt the impact. However, I consdier this economist's statements to be reckless- especially with no facts to back them up. I feel that the domestic industry is in a trough right now, and they will regain market share. This negativism, pessimisim, and doomsday predictions that these analists and economists preach are a large problem of what is hampering Ford and GM today.

And an economist has ever predicted what. Like they say put ten economist in a room and you will get ten opinions but one will be right. Ten economist that agree only means that they have a 90% of being WRONG!

Therfore Footballfan has a 90% of being right and the rest of you only ten. HMMMMMMM who has thier heads in the sand now?

Thanks Foxrun. I have always felt that if these analysts and economists had any value to the company, they woud be on the company payroll!

I am sure a pychic, palm reader, or tarot feels they are doing their jobs as well. This guy is making statements that have no facts behind them. To say the domestic share of the market is going to slip to 44 percent as he is saying is just plain ignorant. He is essentially saying that all the new products that GM and Ford are coming out with now will have no impact on reversing market share declines is just plain dumb. And yes the person cleaning the toilets at a Ford plant has more value to the company than this economist.

My head's not in the sand; anyone with ties to the domestic industry have felt the impact. However, I consdier this economist's statements to be reckless- especially with no facts to back them up. I feel that the domestic industry is in a trough right now, and they will regain market share. This negativism, pessimisim, and doomsday predictions that these analists and economists preach are a large problem of what is hampering Ford and GM today.

Thanks Foxrun. I have always felt that if these analysts and economists had any value to the company, they woud be on the company payroll!

Maybe they get payed by yoda and hondia :lol: :lol:

According to this joker economist in this article, Ford is going to loose an additional five points of market share. Why doen't this idiot make himself useful and get a job picking up cans off the road or cleaning toilets?

The joker is basing his forecast on the numbers that you can access at BlueOvalNews

http://www.blueovalnews.com/index.php?cate...p2_articleid=86

Think about it, the real slump took place after the Katrina crude spike. Some of these vehicle lines took a 30% hit for the calendar year, and again, most of the decline occured after Katrina. Shitty news, but ignoring it won't change a thing. Now, the forecast might be off, but even the companys' forecasters are predicting similar numbers. Do you honestly think folks are going to run out and start buying Explorers and Expeditions? Even the Escape took a 10% hit for the calendar year. Another thing to remember, a 1% decline in sales is less than 40,000 vehicles, 5% of 2005 calendar years sales would be considerably less than 200,000 annual sales.

UAW members better start picking up cans and quit paying union dues so they can prepare for there job loss.

A lot of union workers are going to lose there jobs which is very sad.

But ignoring what is going in Ford plants is stupid and if you believe the UAW is going to save jobs you do have your head in the sand.

The joker is basing his forecast on the numbers that you can access at BlueOvalNews

http://www.blueovalnews.com/index.php?cate...p2_articleid=86

Think about it, the real slump took place after the Katrina crude spike. Some of these vehicle lines took a 30% hit for the calendar year, and again, most of the decline occured after Katrina. Shitty news, but ignoring it won't change a thing. Now, the forecast might be off, but even the companys' forecasters are predicting similar numbers. Do you honestly think folks are going to run out and start buying Explorers and Expeditions? Even the Escape took a 10% hit for the calendar year. Another thing to remember, a 1% decline in sales is less than 40,000 vehicles, 5% of 2005 calendar years sales would be considerably less than 200,000 annual sales.

The joker is basing his forecast on 5 marketshare points not 5% of sales.

Apparently you don't know this Foxrun, but what you wrote here makes absolutely no sense. I am sure Footballfan would appreciate your sticking up for him much more, if your ramblings were at all comprehendable.

Where in this article does it say that Ford will lose an additional 5 points of market share?

Apparently you don't know this Foxrun, but what you wrote here makes absolutely no sense. I am sure Footballfan would appreciate your sticking up for him much more, if your ramblings were at all comprehendable.

Where in this article does it say that Ford will lose an additional 5 points of market share?

WOW Your anal it was meant partially as a joke. You must be either an accountant or an economist to get so upset.

UAW members better start picking up cans and quit paying union dues so they can prepare for there job loss.

A lot of union workers are going to lose there jobs which is very sad.

But ignoring what is going in Ford plants is stupid and if you believe the UAW is going to save jobs you do have your head in the sand.

And what have you done lately to help? How does taking potshots at the UAW help anybody?

The baby boomers are rocking the market now. Instead of calculating market share by number of sales, try doing it by dollar volume. (I haven't, so I could be wrong.) Baby boomers are buying top of the line, big profit vehicles. Some one could be crying crocodile tears.

Edited by Trimdingman

WOW Your anal it was meant partially as a joke. You must be either an accountant or an economist to get so upset.

Sorry, neither one. Just trying to figure out what the hell you were trying to say. My apologies. Usually jokes are in some way at least a little bit humorous.

Fox's assertions were clear to me- it is a shame they actually pay these economists for such inaccurate predictions.

Regarding the five points of lost market share, Mc Aldin said something along the lines of "GM will be the size of Ford, and Ford will be the size of Chrysler." Chrysler group currently holds 13.6 percent of the market, Ford about 18.6 percent. 18.6-13.6= 5%

Sorry, neither one. Just trying to figure out what the hell you were trying to say. My apologies. Usually jokes are in some way at least a little bit humorous.

OK Ill bite. Please explain to me in detail how it doesn't make any sense what so ever.

People can deny it all they want and think that the big 3 will rise from the ashes but any intelligent person knows that isn't going to happen.

Ford's market share dropped 5% since 1990 and that was during a period when they were relatively healthy. Dropping an additional 2-4% during a time they are financially hurting and preparing to lay off thousands of people and cutting back on production does not seem like an outrageous prediction.

Maybe if Ford merges with another auto company in the future the trend might reverse, much like Chrysler's fortunes did. As it is, the economist's predictions seem on target.

People can deny it all they want and think that the big 3 will rise from the ashes but any intelligent person knows that isn't going to happen.

Ford's market share dropped 5% since 1990 and that was during a period when they were relatively healthy. Dropping an additional 2-4% during a time they are financially hurting and preparing to lay off thousands of people and cutting back on production does not seem like an outrageous prediction.

Maybe if Ford merges with another auto company in the future the trend might reverse, much like Chrysler's fortunes did. As it is, the economist's predictions seem on target.

Or Ford's fortunes could turn around if it only had new product like a 500/montego/freestar, fusion/milan/zephyr, edge/mkx, hmmmmmmm mazda3, cx7, maybe cx9, lincoln mks, jaguar?, landrover lr3, austin martin db9, shelby, new svt's. Ya you know what I think chrysler is a much better bet with all that new product the 300, they do sell it in more then one color right.

Or Ford's fortunes could turn around if it only had new product like a 500/montego/freestar, fusion/milan/zephyr, edge/mkx, hmmmmmmm mazda3, cx7, maybe cx9, lincoln mks, jaguar?, landrover lr3, austin martin db9, shelby, new svt's. Ya you know what I think chrysler is a much better bet with all that new product the 300, they do sell it in more then one color right.

Good point. At the end of the day, it boils down to product, product, and more product. Also, Ford has to look at making niche products that sell in the 15,000 to 20,000 a year range. What a lot of people forget is that if Ford slips to 12 or 13 percent market share, bankruptcy is imminent. Less market share= less revenue= less money for legacy costs and new product development = even lower market share. Any "Way Forward" or "Way Backward" plan or whatever pet name they have for it HAS to address how Ford is going to gain market share- anything less is a failure. Cuts only go so far, one can't cut their way to long-term prosperity.

You could have 100% of the market, but if you sell at a loss, you will go under. Ford has been in this business a long time, and has always left the doomsayers with egg on their faces, and I am sure they will do so again. When it is to their advantage to increase their market share, they will increase their market share. I think I see their strategy, as I am confident they have one. Think world market; think politics; think governments. As for the wages we make, auto workers all over the world are highly-paid. Guess why? Auto companies sell new cars. Who buys new cars, minimum wage workers? They want people to be jealous of us so they will demand higher wages, so they can afford new cars. The automotive assembly line is so efficient, that they can afford to carry all the freeloaders. I have worked in other industries, and I would estimate that the average auto-worker on the line, produces ten times as much as the average worker elsewhere; for instance, I have (with a partner) installed 400 windshields and 400 backlites in a ten hour shift ( old style, pull cord- F-Series-1970s), every day for over a year. At $10.00 an hour, that amounted to twenty-five cents a unit (fifty cents if you count my partner), and I have had worse jobs. Comparative to workers in other fields, I may have made the big bucks, but my body has paid the price. To-day we are much more efficient. Our wages, including the wages of the freeloaders, amount to only about 3% of the retail price of a new car, so they really are not a factor in the success or failure of the company. The auto industry is a trillion dollar a year pie ( gross sales). There is plenty to go around. Do you really think the players are cutting each other's throats, or co-operating?

Edited by Trimdingman

Good point. At the end of the day, it boils down to product, product, and more product. Also, Ford has to look at making niche products that sell in the 15,000 to 20,000 a year range. What a lot of people forget is that if Ford slips to 12 or 13 percent market share, bankruptcy is imminent. Less market share= less revenue= less money for legacy costs and new product development = even lower market share. Any "Way Forward" or "Way Backward" plan or whatever pet name they have for it HAS to address how Ford is going to gain market share- anything less is a failure. Cuts only go so far, one can't cut their way to long-term prosperity.

I agree market share is the main priority but I disagree bankruptcy is immanent with a N.A. share of 12 to 13%, and the main reason is that even after Jan 23 there will be more room to cut. From what I understand Ford has 20 assembly plants in N.A. and only 4 are already flex or on thier way. Then there are all the other support factories. I think Ford is positioning itself for the unbelievable, I think they are doing the things that are possible to prevent market share loss but are also aware of the downside and are ready. The one main thing about Ford is its market diversity, N.A. is far less important to them then GM.