ford FOCUS? more like ford FUCK the US

Cashman

So it's OK for the Euro Focus to sue high quality solid plastics, but god forbid anything else in Ford's lineup use it??

I'll muddy the waters up some more...I was in the UK last September and was in the the following Ford products:

Focus C170

2000ish Mondeo

Newer Galaxy

Some sort of Van that larger then the Galaxy, have no idea what it was, but it looked like a Van and not a Minivan or anything else I've seen on the net.

Plastics:

The Mondeo had the SAME EXACT Plastic on the doors as my 06 Mustang...same texture, color and "squiggly" pattern to it...I was like WTF

The Focus Wagon...same materials as the SVT I had...the B-pilar plastic had a different texture to it, but the plastic seemed the same. The Dash was excactly the same materials wise besides the steering wheel on the wrong side! LOL

The Ford Van was cheap, but it was a Taxi so it fit its job

The only thing I was impressed by was the Galaxy, it had the same materials/dash as what I've seen in 30K+ Japanese Luxury cars like the TL.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The word "LOADED" having never appeared one time in your intial post about the Mazda 3. It's easy to see how people came to the conclusion that you were making reference to "all" Mazda 3 cars given what you wrote. But I'm glad we got that straightened out. By the way, I have looked, 25 grand is a Mazda Speed 3 here. Maybe they just tack on a premium in your market or something.

I'm sorry I didn't specifically, but having mentioned ' Take the Mazda 3 for example. Great car, but to tack on all those options that everyone here is so hell bent on rambling on and on and on over slips you into a $25k car', in my original post should have inferred that.

Just going to drop the pricing issue with the Mazda 3, because having priced one out online with both a FL and MI zip a Grand Touring Mazda 3s 4 door with: 5 spd auto, Navigation, Bose and Sirius listed for 24,855 w/out tax.

At anyrate, my whole premise behind all of that is that it would be nice to see a Focus come in with that sort of feature content similar to that along with interior refinement (amongst other things). Notice what Honda has done with the Civic. It has been moved slightly up market, with the Fit placed underneath allowing for the pricing increase. This needs to happen at Ford, b4 the C2 makes it to the market.

What about emission and crash standards? :ohsnap:

Like you said earlier it's a done deal, this discussion isn't about that. This just proves that just like the IRS in the Mustang (not even as an option to fuck customers and save $$$), Bill Ford was full of shit and you people fell for his lies once again.

Not that the C1 Focus would've had a hard time with the NA test.

FORD%20Focus_Front.JPG

I fail to see how the b-cars help the Focus be CHEAPER.

What does a region have to do with anything? It's all about a market, hence the reason why Mercury doesn't exsist in Canada and Ford continues to sell the previous gen F-150s in Mexico. A region doesn't mean crap when you have two entirely different economic conditions.

Bold faced lies. Mexico gets the current F150. You're just now making things up and continue to show your blind loyalism to anything Bill Ford related.

It's funny how you people continue to act as if the only car that's sold in Mexico is the Focus, when I'm telling you the same thing applies to EVERY SINGLE CAR, from EVERY AUTOMAKER. Yeah that includes the Fusion, 500, VW's, etc etc etc etc. No one considers the Fusion a premium car, no one considers the Caliber a premium car, and no one considers the Focus a premium car for 13k either. Someone should tell that to Audi, BMW, Bentley, Jag, etc, Other than the b-cars, Mexico mimics the pricing structure/engines of the NA market in 95% of the cars sold here. Minivans, midsize sedans, etc, But of course, it's easier to just ignore all that, right? Doesn't matter how many units they sell, the C1 Focus can be sold profitably for 13k with the 2.0 engine well equipped. Again, it's not a charity sale. LincolnFan just proved Ford can sell the C1 Focus profitably for as little as 11k. And it's sold for a similar price in Australia and other countries as well. "Bububu selling at a loss / bububu they're subsiding it / bububu charity-pity sale with no profit"... ROFL...a mother Teresa of the automotive world, sure.

The ammount of creative work you people are willing to do just to avoid admitting you were wrong is hilarious.

First it was "C1 Focus costs as much as the Fusion to manufacture", and now all this.

Basically we went from complete certainty (from a trip to Europe)...to a bunch of excuses. We went from an assumption you people passed as fact, to now saying "Oh bubububu it's different when the same logic doesn't help my case, Bill Ford is a genius. Ford FuckUs was worth it".

I can understand why people like silvrsvt would want to avoid admitting they were WRONG after all these years, but you Michael?

So it's OK for the Euro Focus to sue high quality solid plastics, but god forbid anything else in Ford's lineup use it??

ROFL...see what I'm talking about? You're just now ignoring everything that doesn't help your case, making things up, or just plainly diverting attention away. Sorry Michael, you were making a big deal out of the fact soft plastics is what made it cost "so much", I was surprised to see you think that was the case, and just told you it wouldn't have been a problem. Hilarious divertion, though.

Silversvt is just lying outright, and I'll prove that in due time. Same plastics as a Mustang? Oh my...

There's a reason why Ford went with a different plastic for the F150, and VW/Audi uses the same type; don't see anyone complaining about their quality.

Edited by pcsario

I'm sorry I didn't specifically, but having mentioned ' Take the Mazda 3 for example. Great car, but to tack on all those options that everyone here is so hell bent on rambling on and on and on over slips you into a $25k car', in my original post should have inferred that.

You insist in pushing the idea there's no such thing as decently equipped Mazda3 with a 2.0 engine.

NO NO NO, everyone "must" buy a fully loaded Mazda3.

"Bububu see? It costs 25k, and that's why we got the Ford Fuck Us"

"Mexico doesn't get the current F150. I refuse to go to their website just so I can continue to lie and spin things."

:drop:

Ummm yeah. The previous gen F-150 is sold as the F-150 in Mexico. The current bodystyle F-150, the 04+, is referred to the Lobo in Mexico. I guess Ford of Mexico dreams up these things.

I never said a B Car would assist in costs related to a C1 based Focus. What I did say was that with an introduction of a B Car, Ford would have an easier time moving the Focus up in price because they now have a cheaper alternative to backfill the price points it once occupied. Was that all that hard to comprehend, or are you just unwilling to read and ask before drawing some silly conclusion?

I never said everyone had to purchase a loaded to the hilt anything. It was used as a comparison displaying just how out of whack pricing can get once opitons normally reserved for luxury cars find their way into the C car market. Hence my mentioning the fact that most dealers would never stock a car like that, because quite frankly very few people want a 25k C class car.

Take the Rabbit (or even the GTI) for example. VWoA has essentially removed quite a bit of content (both standard and optional) and performed a few other tweaks for the US/Canadian market. All done to keep both models of said cars priced reasonably as to not price out their customer base. This is a practice that was duplicated with the Contour/Mystique and the MK1 Focus, something that would probably have to be duplicated in the case of either the C1 or C2 Focus.

Edited by Michael Reynolds

It's only sold through direct orders from the site. Go to any dealer in Mexico and they won't have any F150 in stock.

No dealer considers it part of its lineup.

You tried to imply Mexico doesn't even get the new F150 to minimize their relevance in this discussion, and I simply called you on it.

Edited by pcsario

It's only sold through direct orders from the site. Go to any dealer in Mexico and they won't have any F150 in stock.

No dealer considers it part of its lineup.

You tried to imply Mexico doesn't even get the new F150 to minimize their relevance in this discussion, and I simply called you on it.

Regardless it is sold there.

Oh and where did I imply that? I simply stated that the previous gen was still sold there. I never said anything at all whatsoever about the Lobo. Calling someone out on something, and mis-comprehending are two entirely different things.

Seriously how does:

What does a region have to do with anything? It's all about a market, hence the reason why Mercury doesn't exsist in Canada and Ford continues to sell the previous gen F-150s in Mexico. A region doesn't mean crap when you have two entirely different economic conditions.

.....imply that the current F-150 isn't sold there?

If you didn't see where I was coming from you should've just asked, instead of attempting to 'call someone out'.

Edited by Michael Reynolds

Our Focus isn't built in Mexico. That might explain it being a bit costly.

Though I'd love to take the 2.0 HE over the 1.6 w/100 HP.

Although I noitced for a very standard car (No handrest or w/e you call them, the the box between the driver and the passenger, it's an option, and it's not on my car I am ordering) it had 6 speakers.

I bet that mexico-spec (No pun intended) has one some bad quality plastics, and shitty parts all around.

Not that the C1 Focus would've had a hard time with the NA test.

No doubt that Focus won't be able to pass, but it still needs to be tested! and it costs money...

Silversvt is just lying outright, and I'll prove that in due time. Same plastics as a Mustang? Oh my...

Why would I lie about that? I made it a point when I went to the UK to see what the hubbub was about with Plastics and I was shocked to see that the Mondeo I was in had the same look/touch as my Mustang, after reading about how superior Euro Fords where...

It doesn't solve anything and be construed as a personal attack

HAR! The usual suspect is spinning like a top on fast-forward, and modifying people's points by adding things they didn't post...as usual!

Throw in the mandatory F-bombs, and you have "Leo Getz" from the Lethal Weapon Movies!

Okayokayokayokayokayokay... :lol:

How should I call that then? Deceiving statements?

Dude I own two Mondeos and are quite familiar with the euro lineup, every automaker uses the same black/grain combo because it's supposed to imitate leather. So yeah, maybe the same grain, but to say something like "it's the SAME EXACT Plastic on the doors as my 06 Mustang" is a lie, period.

Take for instance your comments on the C170 Focus. That's something I can prove wrong right now.

post-11072-1169064007_thumb.jpg

Edited by pcsario

Stalker? I've been around this site years longer than I've seen you...please, keep your fantasizing about guys to yourself...I'm not wired that way. This was the top thread in "Ford Motor Company Discussion", don't flatter yourself.

I've yet to see you really shoot down anyone's point without modifying it, and then you package it with schoolyard language so it's impossible to take seriously!

Having seen how you "debate"...heh...it's pretty rare that I don't just skip your posts. They're like the diet soda of the internet...no mater how many you read, you'll never gain an ounce of information or insight.

Zanatwork, I'm not sure I would discout or insult someones ability to debate the topic when your opening post was this.

HAR! The usual suspect is spinning like a top on fast-forward, and modifying people's points by adding things they didn't post...as usual!

Throw in the mandatory F-bombs, and you have "Leo Getz" from the Lethal Weapon Movies!

Okayokayokayokayokayokay...

You didn't really offer anything to the topic their sir, you just decided to open with a direct insult against pcsario. This is the second time I've seen you just go after him without cause my friend. I have no doubt that you have a wide array of knowledge about the subject of Ford. I would rather see your thoughts about the Focus issue than just another back and forth between you and mister pcsario.

Having said that, let must just add that I believe Ford could easily sell their European Focus here without it costing 30 thousand dollars or something. I'm not sure why they don't do it, but it's really frustrating that much of the rest of the world gets that really nice Focus while here in the states we are subjected to the "also ran" as it were. I think they could easily price it in the 20 to 22 thosuand range and that it would sell rather well.

Edited by BlackHorse