2010 Taurus Limited 600 miles ownership experience

What a great car! It grows on you, in terms of appearance, ride and handling.

Each time I drive it, I like it better. The telescoping steering wheel is a big

improvement, substantially increasing the number of comfortable positions

possible.

It is easier to locate in a parking lot because its appearance is so much different

from the other cars. Most of the others look boring in comparison. The quality

of the paint is excellent.

Ford Motor Company put a lot of thought into this car. Ford and the employees

are to be congratulated for putting together such a fine product. There are

a lot of little things that add to the delight, for instance all the little lights on the

inside make it just like Christmas every day!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great car! It grows on you, in terms of appearance, ride and handling.

Each time I drive it, I like it better. The telescoping steering wheel is a big

improvement, substantially increasing the number of comfortable positions

possible.

It is easier to locate in a parking lot because its appearance is so much different

from the other cars. Most of the others look boring in comparison. The quality

of the paint is excellent.

Ford Motor Company put a lot of thought into this car. Ford and the employees

are to be congratulated for putting together such a fine product. There are

a lot of little things that add to the delight, for instance all the little lights on the

inside make it just like Christmas every day!

Forgive me, but what color is yours again?

I agree with BORG - pictures would be great!

My SHO came in today. Got a call from the dealer at 1:00 that the transport just dropped it off. They got pictures of it coming off the trailer for me and will burn them to disk tomorrow. I picked it up tonight and it is AWESOME!!! The power is amazing and should only get better once I get past the 50 mile "nanny" limit in the PCM. Here's a couple of pics in PDI before I took it home.

post-35825-1257300966.jpg

post-35825-1257300985.jpg

My SHO came in today. Got a call from the dealer at 1:00 that the transport just dropped it off. They got pictures of it coming off the trailer for me and will burn them to disk tomorrow. I picked it up tonight and it is AWESOME!!! The power is amazing and should only get better once I get past the 50 mile "nanny" limit in the PCM. Here's a couple of pics in PDI before I took it home.

BEAUTIFUL! but youve had it a whole day and STILL havent pui more than 50 miles on it? Get off your arse and DRIVE!!!

[sarcasm] What an UUUGLY car!! [/sarcasm]

Seriously though that thing looks AWESOME!!! :happy feet: Enjoy it!!

BEAUTIFUL! but youve had it a whole day and STILL havent pui more than 50 miles on it? Get off your arse and DRIVE!!!

Sheesh, I'd drive it around town as long as it takes just to get past that 50-mile "barrier!!"

Can't wait for my Father-In-Law to get his next company vehicle. All he has to do is select the color and put the order in now. His company trades out vehicles every 2-3yrs, so he'll be moving up from an '07 Dodge Magnum to a '10 Taurus SEL 3.5L AWD. Not no SHO model, but I talked him into the Taurus over getting a '10 Escape. Of course I'm converting him to Ford, as he's been a life long Mopar fan. Anyways he likes the look so much he has stated before getting it that this may actually be the first company vehicle he buys off the company after the lease is over.

I'll post pics when he gets it. But he said I can take it for a spin anytime I like. So you know I'll be testing it out in the upcoming months. All depends on the build time from when he places his order.

Excellent... :happy feet:

steve577 and Carson Lomax: were there any panel fitment or alignment issues on your respective 2010 Taurus?

Aneekr,

Panel fit is excellent on mine. Also I'm very impressed with the quality of the

paint. There are a couple of small gaps on the inner fenders under the hood

that I used sealer on, with my 2008 Taurus and again with the 2010 in these

same spots. One is near the power steering fluid reservoir, the other is the

opposite side near the battery. It only takes a minute to seal those up. If you

don't, you can get a little sand or road residue in the area of the battery and

on the power steering reservoir. No harm, just a cleanliness issue. I like the

engine compartment to be as clean the day I trade the car as it was the day

I bought it.

This is really a great car, and I just love it!

I really like the design/look of the new Taurus but guys' at 4300 lbs that's crazy !!! And I'm a Ford guy really. I still drive mu 1995 Taurus SHO manual. That car is no way near 4000lbs. Weight in vehicles should stay near the original OR go down. OR maybe at most go up a few hundred pounds. But at over 4000lbs this is a pig weight -wise. But a beauty on the outside. Just think of the mileage if it was not more than 3800lbs. But I will say again they are stunningly beautiful. And on a side note I stopped at the dealership on Woodward in Royal Oak about 2 weeks ago and lookes at a SHO for a reasonable stickered 47K. And I'm not lying !!! Give me a break.