LOCAL 600 SUCKS

40anout

By voting in the C.O.A. you folks at Local 600 sold the rest of your union brothers and sisters out. Your plant was in no danger of closing but you people caved. When the doors of your plant open all the rest of us hear is a big sucking sound. You boys and girls screwed the rest of the U.A.W. Thanks a lot.

Guess what the U.A.W. stands for "UNITED AUTO WORKERS" the key word being UNITED.

For the rest of you that think I'm bashing the wrong people, think again. Ford Motor Company is mis managed, we all know that. The hourly worker allways get the short end and Local 600 screwed all of us by passing this C.O.A. bullshit.

Local 600 you should be ashamed of yourselfs. Hope your happy! You wimps.

By voting in the C.O.A. you folks at Local 600 sold the rest of your union brothers and sisters out. Your plant was in no danger of closing but you people caved. When the doors of your plant open all the rest of us hear is a big sucking sound. You boys and girls screwed the rest of the U.A.W. Thanks a lot.

Guess what the U.A.W. stands for "UNITED AUTO WORKERS" the key word being UNITED.

For the rest of you that think I'm bashing the wrong people, think again. Ford Motor Company is mis managed, we all know that. The hourly worker allways get the short end and Local 600 screwed all of us by passing this C.O.A. bullshit.

I agree, its plant against plant now. they will promise to bring in work to get the vote passed then they will shut down anyway. :shrug: Ford is going to be union free and Mexico bound.

Think what you will. Reguardless of what anyone thinks it was going to pass anyway. Yes this plant would have not closed but some people were scared into it and for the screwing part I don't think it really changes anything in the end. After all if you come to work and do your job you should not have a problem. I think that this will affect the ones playing games more than the rest of the people in the union. Most people don't see that as a problem but along with the management problems, these people affect us as a whole. Plus I wonder how many guys that are either close to retirement or over the 30 years voted yes? I bet the majority of them did because they thought it would give them the buyout they think they deserve which I really don't agree with. The buyout money should just be for plants closing with people that will have no chance of staying with ford. Plus look at it like this ok because someone was talking to me on thursday and said that they are taking the good jobs from us so when I get 20 years of seniority I can get on a highlow or cleanup are gone. Mainly the people that eventually get these jobs like it or not stay the longest. They work at the pace of a snail and do really not what they are supposed to do during the shift which causes attention to them. I think that they are doing this so people will not stay and retire in a timely fashion and yes they cannot tell someone to retire but they can show them a path to the door so to speak. A job is as easy as you make it and I have had some pretty f'd up jobs at wixom but after doing it for a while it gets easier and it may not be the best thing in the world but at least we can provide for our families. Most of us have had parents that busted their butts on the line but still did it and came home each day and provided a nice live for the kids (us). It amazes me that even being in a plant the has controlled air and remains around 75 degrees all year around, younger workers cry about it being hot. They need to be tossed into history when controlled air was not an option and froze that rear off in the winter.

The jobs are set up a whole lot easier than they were say 10,20 years ago and thus less injuries. Plus while some teams at DTP choose not to rotate jobs that will change as you usually have an easy job set up on a team so each of the members get a chance to do it for a while. I think job rotation is a good move because when I busted my butt on the K-D I wished I could rotate but someone with higher time did not want to.

My father retired in 93 and I am making about 11 dollars more now than he was at the time he retired so I look at that as a good thing. I wish they would just freeze the raises and go back to performance bonuses. That seemed to work out better for us in the long run.

Exactly because nothing was given to us to show we voted to a yes or no. Rigged is a better word....

WE ARE THE U.A.W. DON'T PLAY THE BLAME GAME. THE WAY I HEAR IT IS YOUR LOCAL WAS TOLD TO WAIT FOR A NATIONAL VOTE ON THIS C.O.A. BULLSHIT AND YOUR E BOARD HELD THE VOTE ANYWAYS TO SHOW THE SHAREHOLDERS BEFORE THURSDAY'S MEETING WHAT REAL SUCK ASSES YOU FOLKS REALLY ARE. IF YOUR LOCAL RIGGED IT READ YOUR BI-LAWS AND GET RID OF YOUR OFFICIALS.

THANKS AGAIN YOU WIMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand the main complaint of the thread. Look at it from a pimp perspective. If all the pimps decide he's not gonna give up a percentage to his tricks, that's cool because every trick in town knows she ain't got nothin' comin'. But, if a Pimp called Slickback, which happens to be the biggest pimp in town, gives up a percentage, every trick on the street will feel that a pimp owes them something. Now being the biggest pimp around I can guarantee this...I ain't givin' up a damn thing! Especially if its gonna corrupt the industry that a pimp thrives in.

One thing about it with this new agreement though....the code at one time was "dog or die", or "pimp or be pimped". We are in a time when the pimps are getting thoroughly pimped :slap: . OUCH! You can't fight the system when you don't have the strength you once had. Our UAW has turned into DED (Dog Eat Dog). But its not over yet. Our numbers are getting smaller but we're not beaten yet.

:rockon: Awww..HELL YEAH!!!

ang%20(1).gif

We were not the first to pass a COA and we won't be the last.

just so you know.....Everyone and I mean everyone I know voted no!!!! they posted the results of the plants that voted what and tool and die and dearborn truck voted it down..DDMP (frame) and stamping and Engine voted yes so it passed..I have serious questions on the accuracy of the count. And one other side note that went completely un-noticed..milan plastics plant is in local 600 as well (they are ACH). Why did our local not do anything to try to save there butts???????? seems to me like a little stepping on ones own throat.

Answer this in the 80's you took the biggest concession in the history of the world so BE QUIET and retire already. You took these to save your jobs now we are doing the same.

Oh did I mention the concession in 94 with the wage reductions for new hirers I'll bet you voted for that also!!!!!!!!!

Remember this when all you guys retire and it comes time to cut retire insurance you better believe I'll vote YES on that and so will a lot more. You guys cut my pay and many others also in the 90's so now it's gonmna be payback.

When you retire you cannot vote on the contract so remember that............

Answer this in the 80's you took the biggest concession in the history of the world so BE QUIET and retire already. You took these to save your jobs now we are doing the same.

Oh did I mention the concession in 94 with the wage reductions for new hirers I'll bet you voted for that also!!!!!!!!!

Remember this when all you guys retire and it comes time to cut retire insurance you better believe I'll vote YES on that and so will a lot more. You guys cut my pay and many others also in the 90's so now it's gonmna be payback.

I for see people who DON'T retire before the new NEW contract they won't have a choice ...It will be cut for them NEW contract 2007

I for see people who DON'T retire before the new NEW contract they won't have a choice ...It will be cut for them NEW contract 2007

Exactly right!!!!!!

Retire by oct.07, anyone after this date will have a heavy co-pay and reduced benefits.

Ford has 30,000 eligable to retire next year ,they want them out!

Also when you turn 62 and are eligable for medicare prescription drug coverage the company will drop them, Nissan did this and GM did it to salary and Im sure Ford will do this to salary real soon.

Nissan pays the retire $2,500 for the first gap payment then there off the plan completely.

Remember after the healthcare concessions Ron Gett. said that more will be needed, well this is what he meant when he said that!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't it be funny if this whole thing was some kinda plot between the company and the international to see what local would sell out their other local brothers and sisters instead of uniting in order to save their own ass's, and Ford decided to close you down just for spite :doh:

:rockon:

Exactly right!!!!!!

Retire by oct.07, anyone after this date will have a heavy co-pay and reduced benefits.

Ford has 30,000 eligable to retire next year ,they want them out!

Also when you turn 62 and are eligable for medicare prescription drug coverage the company will drop them, Nissan did this and GM did it to salary and Im sure Ford will do this to salary real soon.

Nissan pays the retire $2,500 for the first gap payment then there off the plan completely.

Remember after the healthcare concessions Ron Gett. said that more will be needed, well this is what he meant when he said that!!!!!!!!!!

Detroit news says up to 1/3 of fords workforce to be gone. Sad to say but it sounds like if you have less than 10 years you wont be around much longer. Can't understand why ford wants to get rid of its young workforce. you would think that would be the future. :shrug:

The last part of UNITED AUTO WORKERS is "WORKERS". Whats the matter, are you going to have to get off your lazy ass and actually "WORK" now?

Detroit news says up to 1/3 of fords workforce to be gone. Sad to say but it sounds like if you have less than 10 years you wont be around much longer. Can't understand why ford wants to get rid of its young workforce. you would think that would be the future. :shrug:

This doesn't mean all people with less than 10 years will be without a jobs, This means they want at least 30,000 hourly workers gone, if they get 30,000 to take buyouts, they won't need to get rid of those with less than 10 years, they have about 30,000 people that will have 30 years or more in the next couple of years, I believe these are the ones they want gone, because they have a better chance of getting the 07 contract to pass with people with less than 10 years than with people with about 30 years, that is if they want to change the retirement health coverage, people with less than 10 aren't going to be as concerned about insurance coverage 20 years from now. I believe one of the things for the new contract will be you keep medical insurance once you are retired BUT when you reach 65 and medicare kicks in your insurance stops and you have to buy a Supplement policy to cover what medicare doesn't, this is what GE did a few years ago to save on theres, since alot of people don't retire til 65 this would save them a BUNCH of money

This is like bell bottoms and long hair history repeats itself.... Rougesteel home of the 85%'er ....

the sentiment back in 89 better them than us. History 101, spinoff (divide and conquer) watch out engine plant you're a power train div, is that part of Ford's core business, can you spell Visteon. I can see 07 now, copay's, two tier wage etc. etc. Bankruptcy elimanate pension obligations for pennies on the dollar yada yada .......Let's all vote REPUBLICIAN some more..... at least we'll still have our bible and the NRA

Wouldn't it be funny if this whole thing was some kinda plot between the company and the international to see what local would sell out their other local brothers and sisters instead of uniting in order to save their own ass's, and Ford decided to close you down just for spite :doh:

No, it would not be funny!!! What kind of shit is that? Don't think, not even for a minute that even if your plant passed this MOA-COA crap and you have excellent gradings for quality, that your plant won't be closed. You can use Atlanta as a good example, they were one of the best, if not, The Best Plant in the Ford system. Now look what is happening to them............. :angry: :cry: Don't think that Ford can't close plants that they want to for whatever reason???I hope that you have made some plans for yourself, YOURS could very well be on the list.