Fairlane mule spotted

igor

So, given the rumors about the explorer, and the Fairlane, and the upcoming demise of the Taurus X / Freestyle, it would seem that the Fairline will be an expanded Freestyle, and the Explorer will be an off-road capable Freestyle. Makes sense to me.

Or could the platform be built for the Interceptor, Fairlane, Explorer and the mysterious F100?

Or could the platform be built for the Interceptor, Fairlane, Explorer and the mysterious F100?

we have some "fairlane" bodys in the paint shop at OAC and i can assure you those are not the spy photos of this vehicle.

the bodys we have are true to the original concept.

Edited by uglymugs

I dunno, the only thing that makes me say its not a Taurus X is the addition between the doors on it. Keep in mind it could be a Fairlane test bed with Taurus X sheetmetal.

that IS what it is .. the only question is whether the nose is from the Production Fairlane, or it is something else.

otherwise it is the enlarger D3 platform with frankensteined freestyle (TaurursX) up top.

Igor

the Freestyle is smaller than comparable minivans or full-sized crossovers ... it is a nice niche of nimble light vehicle compared to competition, but it is not perfectly competitive with the true minivans and true minivan replacements................quote from Igor. I certainly hopeso...I see a good future if what you say is true...that is until the novelty wears off or the cmpetition starts mimicing.....and floods the market with look-alikes.....2 or three year cycle on this one guys?

Are they being made in your body shop or are the being shipped up from Michigan to be painted.
there are 3 bodys here. they were shipped up. ran one through last nite. didnt paint it, just a run through the system.barely fit in the elevator. its a big ass vehicle.kinda like a down size hummer

there are 3 bodys here. they were shipped up. ran one through last nite. didnt paint it, just a run through the system.barely fit in the elevator. its a big ass vehicle.kinda like a down size hummer

Yeah, I've seen them. They have about 6-7 built up at the pilot plant. I do like the looks. Can't wait to see a painted (and finished) one.

I can't wait to see it. I wonder if it will be big enough to flat haul a 4x8 sheet of drywall. That is my only complaint about the Explorer. I just didn't need an Expedition for anything else.

Yeah, I've seen them. They have about 6-7 built up at the pilot plant. I do like the looks. Can't wait to see a painted (and finished) one.

Must be interesting working there and assembling cars that look like they've been hacked together for testing purposes.