Fairlane mule spotted

igor

Well, they already ruined the front end with those headlights. Common sense would've resulted in projectors being used instead of regular reflectors.

you can tell they are reflectors? I tried to figure it out .. and still can't tell ..

Igor

How do we know that is the Fariline Mule and not the "new nose" Freestyle to debut at Chicago?

because the body of the freestyle was cut and about 6 inches were added to the ;length and 2-3 inches to the width ...

that is why ...

the pictures and the description at LLN explain it well.

Igor

you can tell they are reflectors? I tried to figure it out .. and still can't tell ..

Igor

The projector would've to be in the lower right corner.

There's nothing there, whatever is used for lighting is in the area that's not covered.

You can clearly see the usual visual pattern of reflectors there.

Edited by pcsario

The bars look kind of funny in these pics, like they're missing a section at the bottom, and they look oddly spaced...but I can't really tell. So why can't they make a solid section in the grill (like the Super Chief, Fairlane, and many Mazda concepts) and let the car breathe from the lower air dams?

Edited by JM

A minivan by any other name...who are you kidding? It's a minivan except now a minivan is a bad word. I'm not sold on 'People Mover'. Cars move people too you know. ;)

I look forward to seeing it.

Edited by Hugh

The Fairlane is a Freestyle on steroids, it's function is no different. It's a wagonish CUV, not a minivan and not a midsize SUV. Chrysler has a Minivan and Midsize CUV...they compliment each other. Ford has no minivan replacement, a Minivan is a minivan is a minivan, there is one VERY strict mold that can't be shaped into any other form. You either have one, or don't, there is no alternative option.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I understand,thats what the Fairlane will be , basically a longer, wider Freestyle. Which, by the way. Who needs/wants a longer, wider Freestyle? I mean, when was the last time you heard someone say, "I really like the Freestyle, it just isn't Big enough" What we really need is a shorter, sportier Freetstyle. Like a Mazda 6 Sportwagon.

With a MANUAL shifter.

Edited by falconman13

From what I understand,thats what the Fairlane will be , basically a longer, wider Freestyle. Which, by the way. Who needs/wants a longer, wider Freestyle? I mean, when was the last time you heard someone say, "I really like the Freestyle, it just isn't Big enough" What we really need is a shorter, sportier Freetstyle. Like a Mazda 6 Sportwagon.

With a MANUAL shifter.

the Freestyle is smaller than comparable minivans or full-sized crossovers ... it is a nice niche of nimble light vehicle compared to competition, but it is not perfectly competitive with the true minivans and true minivan replacements.

the production / final design will not looks like Freestyle at all it will be taller, and have completely different design that should make it looks more like and SUV than the Wagon looking Freestyle ...

in essence it uses a version of the Freestyle platform, but that is it .. they just used the Freestyle body for the Mule .. that is IT ...(similar to Mazda using the MPV body for CX7 and CX9 tests etc .. the body of the mule has very little to do with the production vehicle.

PS: why would Ford develop a competition to their own Mazda 6Wagon? it makes no sense.

Igor

Edited by igor

PS: why would Ford develop a competition to their own Mazda 6 Wagon? it makes no sense.

I suppose Ford really shouldn't build a Fusion, because Mazda already has the Mazda 6. Or maybe the don't need to build the Focus, because Mazda already has the Mazda 3.

Maybe Mazda shouldn't build SUV's because Ford is flush with them.

One has nothing to do with the other

As for manuals, perhaps the Automatics are more popular, they sure are in the USA that's a fact. But it still does not change the fact I prefer to shift things myself and I want that option.