Pontiac G8 revealed by Chicago Auto Show Webcams

jpd80

My point is that DEW-98 was expensive and not very flexible as far as what it could be used for. You saw how horribly it translated for use in the Thunderbird. Heck, they couldn't even significantly down-content it to use for the Mustang.

And that's why Mustang (FNA)and Falcon (FOA) developed their own platforms, they just pinched some of the engineering bits that were suitable.

Now if we could get these two Ford Icons of Unitary RWD on a common platform we would have a Zeta of our own and much cheaper to boot!.

Even though Ford is heavily into FWD products, there is still a sizeable RWD market for Sedans and SUVs.

I recon Pontiac will stuff up the price of the G8 V6 (US$25,000), if it's more than the similar Taurus, Ford could be in with a chance particularly if there is a Taurus SVT with the Volvo 60 degree V8.

Edited by jpd80

Ha ha! People are funny.

No kidding. I'm laughing as I type.

That car looks (as accurately described) like the front of a G6 and the rear of a Grand Prix. And a lot of you complain about the 500?!? Please!
Wow, talk about a stretch. I'd say it looks more like, you know, a Holden Commodore.

And about not liking Ford's use of "hideous plastic" outside, isn't that the definition of Pontiac?

Yeah, about five years ago. A nice up-to-date reference there.

Just hideous. Inside, outside, probably underneath, too.

You're a joke. We've all got bias, but some people (read: YOU) couldn't provide an objective opinion if their lives depended on it. Perhaps the logo on the front is influencing your opinion just a bit?

No kidding. I'm laughing as I type.

Wow, talk about a stretch. I'd say it looks more like, you know, a Holden Commodore.

Yeah, about five years ago. A nice up-to-date reference there.

You're a joke. We've all got bias, but some people (read: YOU) couldn't provide an objective opinion if their lives depended on it. Perhaps the logo on the front is influencing your opinion just a bit?

LOL I almost busted out laughing at his reply. The Taurus/500 looks better than the G8????? LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I love the G8, but hate the name. Maybe they should have called it the Tempest. Anyway, that car will not fizzle like the dull looking GTO.

Or even the all new Grand Prix. Looks like Pontiac is trying to go the same route that Ford did with the 500.

I am still miffed why Buick dropped the LeSabre and came up with a car named Lucerne. When I think of Lucerne I think of Safeway dairy products.

hmmm, I need a new car after the death of my Marauder...maybe I can hold onto driving my wife's old Saturn until this thing comes to NA...

I wish I could say that about a Ford product, but nothing on the market or in the pipeline from Ford has gotten my blood pumping since the Marauder concept in 98...even then, when I got one on 03 (5 years after the concept debuted...wtf!) I only got it cause it was dirt cheap and I wanted big and roomy and fast in my car and nothing looked to exciting on the market (even the Marauder...while it was a cool car...come on, its a Grand Marquis afterall with a design dating back to 91...) nothing too exciting there...