Blue collar workers to get bonuses for 2006!!!

jrod

I just read a clip from Wall Street Journal Online about Alan Mullaly, Ford Board of Directors, and the various unions approving bonuses for salaried and blue collar workers for the year 2006. Since it was the journal's online site that I do not subscribe to, I couldn't get all the info. If anyone has anymore info, please post a link.

I just read a clip from Wall Street Journal Online about Alan Mullaly, Ford Board of Directors, and the various unions approving bonuses for salaried and blue collar workers for the year 2006. Since it was the journal's online site that I do not subscribe to, I couldn't get all the info. If anyone has anymore info, please post a link.

It's allready on Detroit News Online if that helps

I think it's a way in the right direction only as long as employees don't take it for granted. Maybe now not only the company but also fellow workers will start putting the workers that do shotty work or cause problems in their place. No more protection for the useless workers who don't want to work it's time to show them the exit and the unions need to realise that! This is simple logic if the company suceeds we suceed!

This is exactley how Toyota is doing it. They also take valuable input from their employees and put it to work. They just don't talk about a problem and leave it they fix it and they reward the employees. Hopefully now this might start getting Ford, the unions and most importantly the workers working together. Only now the company really needs to also focuss on product! Ford is at the crossroad and they need to decide which way to go! Time to bring Ford back to the frontline! :flexing:

This is a stupid idea. The money used for both sets of bonuses would be better off being used somewhere else in the company.

Hey if it works for Toyota why can't it work for Ford, I think in the future we will be taken more seriously about ideas and problem solving. From what I see in most of your posts is negativity, don't stress. Hell, you may go to work tomarrow and the gates maybe locked, nothing you can do. Most things are out of your control. So I say it's a good idea, take the wife and kids out, enjoy.......

Give hourly a bonus now, and then demand givebacks in September. :doh:

then turn it down when its offered and vote against wage cuts.

Stand up for what you believe in. You obviously felt the need to say it so turn that bonus down.

You realize that after opening your mouth you'd be a hypocrite to take it.

No more protection for the useless workers who don't want to work it's time to show them the exit and the unions need to realise that!

And there's the problem above!!! The union isn't going to allow it. It was tried many, many times at our plant and the union fought for the pieces of shit tooth and nail. Hell I believe some of the union reps would have given their first born to save some of the worthless bastards. The only way this will ever work is to get rid of the union completely and I don't see that happening. I mean if you got rid of all the worthless trash, what would the union have to do :shrug: those people are their bread and butter, they don't take care of the hard working people.

And there's the problem above!!! The union isn't going to allow it. It was tried many, many times at our plant and the union fought for the pieces of shit tooth and nail. Hell I believe some of the union reps would have given their first born to save some of the worthless bastards. The only way this will ever work is to get rid of the union completely and I don't see that happening. I mean if you got rid of all the worthless trash, what would the union have to do :shrug: those people are their bread and butter, they don't take care of the hard working people.

It is not the union.

It is about the peolpe that get elected.

They are so worried about losing their position in the next election that they will go to the mat for those people, because if you look around at the next union meeting ( if you go) you will see that those people make up most of the crowd.

They can always seem to make it to the meetings but have a hard time showing up for work???

The regular guy that does his job and goes to work never needs his union rep.

The way of the unions have changed, integrity, that is a word that has been lost over the years with the union.

It is more of a popularity contest than anything else.

That is the reason hardly anyone with an ounce of integrity will run for a position in the union.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Give hourly a bonus now, and then demand givebacks in September. :doh:

then vote it down....duh.

people kill me about bitching about free money. just like the tax cuts from pres bush, but it seems everyone took it. i didnt hear of too many people that sent them back. hell, i remember in the days of $4000 profit sharing checks and people still griped. anyone dont want the money, i will be more than happy to take it.

then vote it down....duh.

people kill me about bitching about free money.

Enjoy your $800 (before taxes) or whatever it will be.

And remember, no whining in September that the UAW sold you out with pay cuts, which will cost you much more than $800 in the long run.

Hell, even with only a $2 per hour pay cut, that's $80 per week. So in only 10 weeks you'll pay back that bonus, and after that point you'll keep paying.

Enjoy your $800 (before taxes) or whatever it will be.

And remember, no whining in September that the UAW sold you out with pay cuts, which will cost you much more than $800 in the long run.

Hell, even with only a $2 per hour pay cut, that's $80 per week. So in only 10 weeks you'll pay back that bonus, and after that point you'll keep paying.

thats the key.......VOTE.

we can vote down anything, that doesnt mean the union wouldnt rig the outcome, but we can still stand up and say no.

Since the bonuses are for 2006 will former employees like myself who left in 2007 receive the bonus??

Anyone who worked all of 2006 gets the bonus. "Never look a gift horse in the mouth". I will take it, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it is just the lubricant before the ...... :banmolest:

This is a stupid idea. The money used for both sets of bonuses would be better off being used somewhere else in the company.

Your right, that money probably would be put to better use. But that would also imply that someone in the upper tier of the company would have to actually be smart enough to figure out what that better use would be!?!?! I swear those super bowl commericals with the one guy working in the office where all of his co-workers are chimpanzes, was soley based on Ford's management.

:censored:

No. That's what YOU should be doing. You're brave enough to open your mouth. Go all the way. Turn down your bonus.

Yeah, take the little "bonus" now, and give up many more times that in the future in pay and benefit cuts.

I don't think you're a stupid person, so you must think the UAW will roll over in about 6 months, and you just want to take the money and run now. I can understand that way of thinking.

I took the educational buyout, so I don't have a vote in September's "ratification vote".

Is the UAW getting part of the Bonus????. Usually 1%/2% of of the take... Just like ("Organized CRIME")!!!!!

Think LONG and HARD about this.............

And no sugar coated replies.......

Edited by 99SVT01?

Is the UAW getting part of the Bonus????. Usually 1%/2% of of the take... Just like ("Organized CRIME")!!!!!

What do you think!?!?!? You DAMN RIGHT they're going to take a chunk!! And I don't think it will be a 1% or 2% either, THINK LARGER!! They have their filthy hands in everything. But hey they've earned it look at all the low life, druggies, boozers, thieves, and plain ass people that don't want to work, jobs they saved. They deserve it!!! Hell let's just sign over our checks to the union.