OHAP COA

Spring

And, if we go back and read the header for this topic, we still don't have any information on this COA! Yet OUR union wants us to vote on it on Sunday. Isn't Democracy wonderful?!

Why don't you dry up already ? I saw nothing about the vote being Sunday. Exactly, why do you feel that you are the only person competent enough to "go over " the language. I hear that Nick and the guys did a hell of a job , given the current conditions. I just hope that you're big enough to give credit where credit is due. Oh, and your previous remark about the lack of information......our situation being the same as when the "Klown " was in office is very unfair and not even close to the truth. There are no quitters in office now. I don't remember of Nick ever losing a Unit or two of them for that matter. The current administration has been very good to you and yours. :shades:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you dry up already ? I saw nothing about the vote being Sunday. Exactly, why do you feel that you are the only person competent enough to "go over " the language. I hear that Nick and the guys did a hell of a job , given the current conditions. I just hope that you're big enough to give credit where credit is due. Oh, and your previous remark about the lack of information......our situation being the same as when the "Klown " was in office is very unfair and not even close to the truth. There are no quitters in office now. I don't remember of Nick ever losing a Unit or two of them for that matter. The current administration has been very good to you and yours. :shades:

That's it, you saw NOTHING! People are saying "Fred told me this" "Yates told me that" and people ARE asking questions. You give yourself away everytime you write something. I'm saying that the ENTIRE membership should have this information. Are you saying now that we're NOT voting on this on Sunday? You "hear" that they did a hell of a job? Shouldn't the membership KNOW?! I was at the union meeting when Nick said that the information would be made available to the membership. Believe me, it's not Nick that I'm comparing to the Klown! Just a residual BC! I have absolutely every right to have access to this information, as does the rest of the membership. That is, unless the Union is keeping something from us....

Hey bucktoof,

What Union ever bargained an agreement and put out info the whole time they were bargaining? I don't think Old Irish Spring understands how to bargain. Do you ever remember her Daddy putting out bulletins before the final package was done and signed? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

You know what? The only reason this forum sucks is because of people like mary and where's dildo. No one will listen to them at the plant, so they post their poison here.

By the way Mary, you said name a hog you cut.

HOW ABOUT BEING APPOINTED TO A JOB YOU DID NOT HAVE THE SENIORITY TO GET OR HOLD.

Oh go ahead, justify to all of us how Daddy put you on because you were the best, smartest, most senior etc..

Go ahead. Go ahead uh huh, yah.

Jerry had regular leaflets out. He also brought in all of the team leaders and made sure they had copies of everything. This information was readily made available. With the exception of one BC who could never be found, he was RARELY seen, the union had the information and therefore so did the membership.

You know what? The only reason this forum sucks is because of people like mary and where's dildo. No one will listen to them at the plant, so they post their poison here.

HOW ABOUT BEING APPOINTED TO A JOB YOU DID NOT HAVE THE SENIORITY TO GET OR HOLD.

Oh go ahead, justify to all of us how Daddy put you on because you were the best, smartest, most senior etc..

Go ahead and check my seniority! I have much more time than the two who were put in after me. It is sooooo funny to hear you talk about seniority. Hypocrisy at its finest!

Go ahead and check my seniority! I have much more time than the two who were put in after me. It is sooooo funny to hear you talk about seniority. Hypocrisy at its finest!

Don't play there game Mary, you know everyone is just jealous because your father knows alot about Fords doings and he's a good man. People tend to dislike honest people it's just human nature.

I was hired at Avon and like everyone else (I DO MEAN EVERYONE) I had help getting hired and your father helped me get the call. Everyone on this site ( at least 905 anyway)had a family member or friend get them an interview, you can lie if you want to and say it's not true but it is.

That's how life works just look who is the President today, without his dad would he be president today??????

So stop picking on the Donavons because noone is any different.

:hysterical: Jealous. hardly..lol I never said Jerry wasn't a good man. Hell, Benedict Arnold was a "good man", Al Capone was a "good man", Bill Gates is a "good man". Everyone is good at something. The Donovans just happened to miss the boat when it comes to being "good negotiating UNION men". Edited by xXBucktoothgeekXx

And, if we go back and read the header for this topic, we still don't have any information on this COA! Yet OUR union wants us to vote on it on Sunday. Isn't Democracy wonderful?!

Not true Mary, there will be no vote on this Sunday. We were told tonight that we will have the info. bulletin tomorrow but the vote would not take place this Sunday.

Yes we do, without a doubt. It's not about the van competing against vans. It's the corporation as a whole. You think Japan is going to yield any one market to Ford/GM? No way, they will tap whatever market is there, just give 'em time. They're trying like hell to break into the truck segment now. Full size vans? If it's a money maker, Toyota will eventually give it a try.

The Japanese way makes money, and alot of it. I have no fear of doing things differently. Americans build automobiles the "Japanese way" everyday. There's nothing to fear about making some changes. I'm sorry too...I've seen plenty of the ways you and your fellow 40andouts have "worried" about me and my future, I'm fine making decisions that affect me.

Abuse of the "gravy" has got them targeted for elimination. It's wasteful to pay an individual a full day for merely a portion of the day spent working. That applies to any business. If you owned a shop you damn sure wouldn't want to pay a guy while he's at home when he should be making you money. Would you?

Shadowcat, I completely agree with your last post. We do need to lose the deadbeats and bring in some people that want to work.

Excellent post!

Whats sad is reading some of these posts. I am not a Soldier of Solidarity. I believe in working together BUT not rolling over. Thats what our Int'l has done and no one plant can stand alone w/o them. Thats the reality like it or not.

This makes absolutely no sense. Care to elaborate? Who rolled over and how?

Don't play there game Mary, you know everyone is just jealous because your father knows alot about Fords doings and he's a good man. People tend to dislike honest people it's just human nature.

I was hired at Avon and like everyone else (I DO MEAN EVERYONE) I had help getting hired and your father helped me get the call. Everyone on this site ( at least 905 anyway)had a family member or friend get them an interview, you can lie if you want to and say it's not true but it is.

That's how life works just look who is the President today, without his dad would he be president today??????

So stop picking on the Donavons because noone is any different.

Oh great. Another guy that thinks that Fords top brass calls and gives certain hourly guys in the plants the early scoop on their plans. Don't be so gullable. In fact, let me help you. When people come up to you in the plant and profess that they have inside knowledge of what the crystal ball is showing for our future, they are spreading what is commonly referred to as rumors. How the hell did you come up with this whole jealous about fords doins crap?

Also,I think they're referring to a job she was appointed to after she was hired in, not the process of getting into Ford initially. I am sure Mary got into Ford on her own merits and abilities though. I know I did!

As for the appointed job, nobody should really care about that. There are always people that will feel they

are more deserving of every job that's better than theirs than the person that has it. When it comes to appointments, often times they're right, but there is nothing they can do about it. Mary is very passionate about this membership and is always anxious to serve it. A clear qualification for any appointment, seniority having nothing to do with it. I would appoint one of my kids too, and so would everyone else if given the chance. If they had none, they'd appoint a friend. It's a perk of the chairmans job. Those that disagree should run for Chairman, and vow to change it. As for Mary, she takes a lot of heat, but deserves none for that one.

As for the President, well, you should probably know, one President does not get to "pick" or "appoint" the next. That is done through a little process called an election. Ask your kids, they'll explain.

Edited by slapshot2

Just rumor [nothing on the floor on thursday].I heard that there are a lot of things RED LINED or RED CIRCLED.Being honest I didn't really know what this meant.Asking around [Donovan for one]I was told that the only thing that RED LINING or RED CIRCLING DOES IS TO AGREE THAT WHATEVER IS redlined OR redcircled will be eliminated at a future time.My question is "why would you do this?Supposedly the delay was because the union was waiting for some letter from Ford.

This makes absolutely no sense. Care to elaborate? Who rolled over and how?

Its sad how everyone attacks each other. Its sad to take an attitude that "thats just how it is and theres nothing we can do about any of it". IMO , Int'l has rolled over. There are some very good points in some of these COA's. And some very bad from a union perspective. Its just amazing how Gettel can say that each COA is a local issue and not elaborate himself on any of it. It is very much local with huge ramifications on Int'l level. And he is quiet as a mouse as company whipsaws us against ourselves.JMHO

Just like I said Mary! You will be asked to vote for something that you will not have in writing! COA is a living, changing agreement. Watch your asses on this one. You will be threatened into voting yes, they will tell you the plant will close if it does not pass. You could do a post here and find out how many plants voted yes, and still ended up on the closing list.

Edited by Pipefitter

All of these issues could already be resolved through existing language. COA's will now eliminate any decent jobs that arent so physical, by giving them to contractors who likely wont be union (read low wage). Eliminate virtually ALL overtime in B&A plants.Watch to see 4-10's, 3 crew format spread to engine,stamping,transmission plants. Allowing trades contractors to do work irregardless of plants' own workforce bidding and doing the jobs in house. With all of this...there shouldnt be a need for any concessions in Sept.

Someone posted earlier that already w/o any changes at all, Ford has gone from producing 3 mil .vehicles with 75,000 employees to 2.4 mil (20% drop) with 40,000. Just from buuyouts. Now what kind of savings is it in closing NAP and putting 3 crew at DTP. DTP could run trucks 7 days a week yr round. Do some math, the savings is phenominal vs. how they ran b-4. Thats one plant, one product line. Just the change in day to day operations should have the Int'l stepping up and protecting the livelihoods of those that are left .

Right on the money!

Good post!

crapkiller,

It is my opinion that you are full of crap, and crap spews forth from your mouth.

From what I see, Mary is one of the greatest assets for the people that your plant has!

You and Bucky Boy seem like two peas in a pod!

crapkiller,

It is my opinion that you are full of crap, and crap spews forth from your mouth.

From what I see, Mary is one of the greatest assets for the people that your plant has!

You and Bucky Boy seem like two peas in a pod!

Pipefitter, you're closer than you know on that one.

Slapshot, still nothing out on the floor. Did I say this Sunday? Nope, just said Sunday, did NOT stipulate as to which Sunday it would be. LMAO! You know I couldn't resist that! I do apologize, I was relying on information that I got from a committeeman (not a BC) who said he had been told that.

Hey Penilefitter,

I always watch those fake evangelist on tv, asking for money to help their cause, fake healers etc. ,

and I always say to myself "How can there be people out there soooooo stupid as to fall for this crap????

You have just proven my point. People like you drink purple koolaid.

ON A SANER NOTE:

We haven't seen the contract yet. When you do, ask your questions then vote. Any COA in other plants that passed, shows that the people want them overwhelmingly versus no COA. They know it is the only way to keep a job in this failing company.

Just look at the papers. All COA's passed- every one of them. They all passed by 80 to 90 percent.

And bullcrap about the international changing the vote. Our own people count the votes.

SO IT IS OUR OWN PEOPLE VOTING NEARLY UNANIMOUSLY TO SAVE THEIR FUTURES.

No one likes this, just like Ford hasn't liked the union having the upper hand for all the good times. I guess it's our turn to do something to save ourselves. IT SUCKS, BUT WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO.

The company is cut in half, 2 or 3 more to close. In debt 20 billion plus,. Japs kicking our ass. No good looking new models to make you feel secure. Stock in the crapper with our TESPHE, etc, etc, etc,

and some of you sit there wanting to rape this company continually like it will never end. You are the fat lazy amercians that the japs are talking about.

Funny though, that the JaPS, AS BAD AS THEY ARE- ARE FINDING PEOPLE TO BUILD AND BUY THEIR CARS RIGHT HERE IN THE GOOD OLE USA.

YOU ARE ALL BLINDS FOOLS IF YOU DISAGREE.

IF THERE IS ANY GARANTEE ON THIS COA, IT IS BETTER THAN NOTHING. I WILL VOTE YES NO MATTER WHAT, BECAUSE I KNOW IT WILL BE AS GOOD AS THEY CAN GET SINCE THEY ALL WANT TO BE RE-ELECTED AND HAVE THEIR KIDS WORK HERE TOO.

You must not work at OHAP ; you must only know Mary from the forums

And you must not have read the post he responded to. I never mentioned Mary or gave any opinion of her. I dont know her and as fortright as she appears here, it may be a shame. Or not. You may very well be right. It is amazing to see the vile pour out from some here. If Mary is wrong (sunday vote) ,call her out. But if Bucky & Crappy are the norm in OHAP, good luck! I wonder if they have been drinking the backwash of Fermi from out of the Lake.Sorry for the lowball comment but these guys deserve it.

Man this contract must really suck if there going after Mary and her family again. What the eff did they loose now? The whole farm? But I bet they took care of themselfs!

She's got them on the run!!!! Read their posts carefully and see what the Shadow sees! See how they attack anyone of you who dares to disagree with them! Maybe it is them who should be in the shadows for what they have done. But they don't know that many know who they are and will remember!

Hey Penilefitter

Sounds like something a four yr old would say

I always watch those fake evangelist on tv, asking for money to help their cause, fake healers etc. ,

This is COA

and I always say to myself "How can there be people out there soooooo stupid as to fall for this crap????

How can you vote so blindly for a document that you will not have for review, to know WTF you are voting on makes me wonder how stupid some people can be???

You have just proven my point. People like you drink purple koolaid.

The point is on your head. Purple koolaid? Another 4yr old comment?

ON A SANER NOTE:

We haven't seen the contract yet.

You wont see a written COA document to vote on, highlights of COA if you are lucky.

When you do, ask your questions then vote. Any COA in other plants that passed, shows that the people want them overwhelmingly versus no COA. ]They know it is the only way to keep a job in this failing company.

Find out how many plants that were told vote in COA or you will close, ending up to close any way.

Just look at the papers. All COA's passed- every one of them. They all passed by 80 to 90 percent.

Ours passed by like 10 votes! Yes it did pass, far from overwhelmingly, We were scheduled to be sold or closed after it passed. It will only benefit the new owner if it does sell.

Be careful what you wish for is all I'm saying. We are dealing with COA every day and it's far from anything we were told or thought it would be.

You will get no promise of job security with passage. You will find that COA will not benefit hourly employees in any way.

If you vote on it, if it passes, then yes you obviously wanted it. After you have it for six months, let me know how you like it if you do, I will apologize.

And bullcrap about the international changing the vote. Our own people count the votes.

SO IT IS OUR OWN PEOPLE VOTING NEARLY UNANIMOUSLY TO SAVE THEIR FUTURES.

No one likes this, just like Ford hasn't liked the union having the upper hand for all the good times.

When things were good Ford didn't give a shit about too much hourly, or management wise. Now through mostly bad business decisions, a dip in the economy, and unfair foreign trade, Ford is in a panic, and you wont see equal sacrifice.

I guess it's our turn to do something to save ourselves. IT SUCKS, BUT WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO.

We can not save Ford ourselves, it must be a joint effort, COA is not a joint effort. You will be giving up about twenty yrs of negotiated benefits and work rules / protections.

The company is cut in half, 2 or 3 more to close. In debt 20 billion plus,. Japs kicking our ass. No good looking new models to make you feel secure. Stock in the crapper with our TESPHE, etc, etc, etc,

and some of you sit there wanting to rape this company continually like it will never end. You are the fat lazy amercians that the japs are talking about.

And COA will save us all??

Funny though, that the JaPS, AS BAD AS THEY ARE- ARE FINDING PEOPLE TO BUILD AND BUY THEIR CARS RIGHT HERE IN THE GOOD OLE USA.

And your point here is?

YOU ARE ALL BLINDS FOOLS IF YOU DISAGREE.

We will see in a couple of yrs who the blind fools were, or if I was completely wrong.

IF THERE IS ANY GARANTEE ON THIS COA, IT IS BETTER THAN NOTHING.

You will find not one single guarantee anywhere in a COA

I WILL VOTE YES NO MATTER WHAT, BECAUSE I KNOW IT WILL BE AS GOOD AS THEY CAN GET SINCE THEY ALL WANT TO BE RE-ELECTED AND HAVE THEIR KIDS WORK HERE TOO.

:doh:

Edited by Pipefitter