OHAP COA

Spring

By the way, I have the minutes of the April union meeting available. Since it has been intimated that people don't necessarily want this information, I have decided that I won't post them here but I will make them available in the plant on a first come first serve basis. I am up on the windshield cell if anyone wants them. Thanks Slapshot, your insight has saved me a tremendous amount of time and energy. ;)
Spring,did I miss something?Who the hell suggested that the membership did not want to see the minutes of the union meeting that you take,posted onthe web.Many of us can't get to the union meetings for different reasons.This doesn't mean that we are not intrested in what 's going on in OUR union.That's the problem with this local union.Too MANY ASSHOLES THINK THAT THEY ARE THE ONLY ONE'S ENTITLED TO KNOW AS TO WHAT'S GOING ON.You print away and screw the self serving bastards who think that they know everything and that no one else should be allowed to find out anything.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spring,did I miss something?Who the hell suggested that the membership did not want to see the minutes of the union meeting that you take,posted onthe web.Many of us can't get to the union meetings for different reasons.This doesn't mean that we are not intrested in what 's going on in OUR union.That's the problem with this local union.Too MANY ASSHOLES THINK THAT THEY ARE THE ONLY ONE'S ENTITLED TO KNOW AS TO WHAT'S GOING ON.You print away and screw the self serving bastards who think that they know everything and that no one else should be allowed to find out anything.

Wow, I don't recall anyone intimating any such thing. Are we testy? Hemmer, you are absolutely right, EVERYONE is entitled to know what is going on in OUR Union. Many of us would rather spend our Sundays with our families doing "fun" stuff or whatever else it is that we enjoy. There are various reasons, ; as you pointed out. Taking an active part in OUR Union is a privilege and responsibility of each of us, and is what gives the people that attend and participate, the right to bitch. If you don't do that, and all you want to do is READ what happens, you have absolutely NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER to call anyone else an asshole. Grow a set of nads, come to the meetings, let your voice be heard; Or just regurgitate what Jerry and the cronies say. That's all you want to hear anyway :shades:

Wow, I don't recall anyone intimating any such thing. Are we testy? Hemmer, you are absolutely right, EVERYONE is entitled to know what is going on in OUR Union. Many of us would rather spend our Sundays with our families doing "fun" stuff or whatever else it is that we enjoy. There are various reasons, ; as you pointed out. Taking an active part in OUR Union is a privilege and responsibility of each of us, and is what gives the people that attend and participate, the right to bitch. If you don't do that, and all you want to do is READ what happens, you have absolutely NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER to call anyone else an asshole. Grow a set of nads, come to the meetings, let your voice be heard; Or just regurgitate what Jerry and the cronies say. That's all you want to hear anyway :shades:
I do go to meetings when I can.O ne thing that I have noticed is that very few of the elected or appointed officials ever volunteer information.Also about half of them are getting excused from attending the meetings.No question that if they didn't hold office they wouldn't be there period.Are you claiming that only you have the right to call someone an asshole?You must be a union official of some sort,the do as I say,not do as I do type.You have yet to print one go thread yet!So go find some information that will benefit the membership and print it.Do something useful instead of always trying to critize.

So you're saying I shouldn't post the notes because the people that don't go to the meeting don't deserve to read them? Or if that's NOT what you're saying, then are you saying that the notes I take are a GOOD thing and SHOULD be posted for ALL the membership to have access to?

So you're saying I shouldn't post the notes because the people that don't go to the meeting don't deserve to read them? Or if that's NOT what you're saying, then are you saying that the notes I take are a GOOD thing and SHOULD be posted for ALL the membership to have access to?
Maybe the minutes could be published in the union newspaper ? I think Spring does a good job of keeping the membership informed.

AGAIN, ...I only answered what YOU fucking wrote. Keeping the membership informed is ALWAYS good... I merely stated that we all have the responsibility to attend the meetings. Find out for ourselves what happens. Hemmer, you illiterate fuck. Read your post above: "screw the self serving bastards who think that they know everything and that no one else should be ALLOWED to find out anything" Listen carefully............You are ALLOWED to come to the Union meetings. You have a RESPONSIBILITY to come to the Union meetings. Nobody expects you to make every meeting. Although, you are ALLOWED to. Say, Hemmer, have ya seen "mangina Brummitt" lately? Wonder if he's "the love of Chassis, now? lol :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Maybe the minutes could be published in the union newspaper ? I think Spring does a good job of keeping the membership informed.

Spring....I think most of us are saying we appreciate your posting them and wish you would continue. Thanks.

And YOU are the reason I do this. I REALLY appreciate the fact that you find them useful. Everytime I do this I get bitched at by a couple of folks. As for them being published in the union newspaper, I don't think you can do that. Also, these are not the official minutes, just my personal notes. You CAN go to the union hall and read the official notes for yourself.

I just wanted to see if Bucky could put aside his/her/their animosity enough to be objective and fair. I think it is obvious that they cannot. Regardless of how the rest of the people feel and regardless of the fact that it might actually be of service to members of the rank and file, they cannot put their personal feelings aside. I just wanted others to see this as well. So regardless of Bucky's feelings on the matter and despite the fact that no matter what I do, don't do, say or don't say they are going to be offended, I'm just going to have to disregard their feelings for the sake of the membership. Gee Bucky, I'm so sorry...nothing personal, ya know?

General Membership Meeting

April 15, 2007

Attendance:

NOT Present

Jerome Williams, Ida Hess (vacation), Garry Martin, Paul Triplett, Bryan Brummitt, Roy Escandon (vacation), Bill Samples, Ed Baire, Bill Collins, Chris Viscome (working), John Pena, Dale Warren, Bill Bowe, Pete Riley

Ray Berisko recognized for his service to the membership as the ETC.

Motion to accept minutes

Recommendations to E-Board

1. 4 to the Chaplaincy Conference – passed

2. 4 to Local 1112 Women’s Committee luncheon – passed

3. Donate $300.00 to Breast Cancer Research – passed

4. Donate $1,000 to Wake Up Youth for purchase of Van for the youth shelter – passed

5. Donate $500.00 to Midwest Labor Press – passed

6. Use hall for Moody Bible Study and other programs such as woodcarving that used to be housed in plant – motion passed

7. Motion to concur with Board actions regarding special information meeting and ratification vote of COA – passed

8. Motion made to approve all Board actions – passed

9. To have 6 people per week per shift for VCAP drive – passed

Motion to accept financial report

VCAP donation of $25.00 per month entitles employee to membership in Platinum Club whereby they will receive a jacket. This supports political action for the union interests and other political community action programs.

President’s Report – Tim Donovan

82% in favor of ratifying the COA. No number as to how many voted. Tim Donovan commended the members of the E-Board and the election committee who served as tellers for the ratification.

Charity Pelly-Berry, Bob Lindsey and Ted Williams, Sr. have agreed to stay on the Civil Rights committee in only an advisory capacity. Ted Williams, Jr. was named new chairman of Civil Rights Committee.

Ray Berisko and Claudia Ward were recognized by the membership for their efforts on behalf of the membership.

Tim spoke of the Special Convention that took place with the Constitutional Convention Election Delegates attending.

April 20th we will have a gate collection for Genesis House.

We are doing well on the March of Dimes collection

Chairman’s Report – Nick Gallogly

$8500 raised so far for March of Dimes. The goal is $10,000.00

Order bank is 13,000 units.

The ETC position is eliminated. With regards to the fitness center, the appointed reps are being stationed there. Lorain County Community College President Roy Church has agreed to bring in students to staff the center at no cost to the membership. We will also have an online instructor. Our aerobics instructor has agreed to stay on for the membership at no cost as long as she can use the center.

Ray Berisko will be filling Jeff Hughes’ job.

The 120 day clock – jobs that were added on during this time to be used as containment are being addressed by the union to make them permanent.

There are 4 people (Industrial Engineers) that have been brought into the plant at a cost of $650,000. One in particular was referenced as being brought in and promptly taking 2 weeks vacation.

Nick warned the membership about the assistant plant manager, Darrell Sykes. He said he will appear to be friendly but is really a snake and wants to eliminate 100 more people/jobs. He wants to advance himself at our expense. People need to be aware of this and act accordingly.

The company is watching who is leaving early. This affords them an opportunity to look where to cut heads.

ARA is donating $100,000 and FMC will donate matching funds for the Eastside cafeteria refurbishment.

Parking lot – there has been some vandalism – antennas and wiper blades being destroyed. People need to let the union know about this. Believed to be kids.

East end parking lot – many pot holes. Waiting for weather to break before fixing.

Old tank farm will now be the test track. Some materials left over could be used to fix parking lot. Mike Berry will be contacted. Central maintenance is aware of this and there is money in the budget for this.

It was brought up that there needs to be a light installed at the new entrance to illuminate it for safety.

Women’s Committee – Basket raffle – donation was made to Genesis House. A recommendation was made donate $150.00 to the Greater Elyria Soccer Assoc. to keep kids off the street. Veterans committee made a similar donation to them in the amount of $250.00. Women’s committee is also buying new t-shirts.

Shop Problems

Jerry Shutovich said there was a fire on 3/29/07. It was on the docks. He was very upset at the lack of notification through the plant and the smoke. Security apparently didn’t call the ERT but called the fire department instead. They used the sniffer and said it was clear enough to go back to work. The safety reps for the company made the call that it was safe to back to work. If people are concerned about their health in this type of situation they need to go to medical to ensure that their health is not jeopardized. Robert Gonzalez said the union should have stepped in, he said he was getting phone calls at home about it. Linda Hall said that the smoke was not that bad. Robert Gonzalez told Linda that she should do her job. Arlene Spurlock said she did go to medical as she has asthma. Arlene said she was concerned about the diesel fumes from the trains. Nick is going to look into this.

Dan Shotter said that the COA has passed and he wanted to know when they were going to go 8 to 1 for the group leaders. Upper management said that they were almost there. He said that they are expected to keep up the FPS boards but there are no meetings, they have to give bathroom breaks and do repairs. It cannot be done. Nick said they would go 8 to 1 where it was feasible.

Pete Kristensen said that on the engine line the alarms did not ring during the fire. It eventually came over the radio. Nick said that was because security did not follow procedure. Pete also complained about the state of the men’s bathrooms over there. There is 1 stall and 1 urinal. Very limited facilities for the number of people in the area.

Laura Jones said that in Pretrim the ice machine is broken because the breakers keep blowing. Fred Pena said that Brian Wilson is working on this. Chester Smith said they possibly needed to run new whole circuits.

Still have a down week for the last week of July and are trying to get it moved up to coincide with shut down.

Clyde Hescox brought up the issue of stopping the line. Chester said that the E-stops for the andon system were corporate standard. They are every 75 feet. Chester was told to shut up by Detroit when they complain. He liked the old system. Jerry Donovan said that the International bought off on all this. Clyde asked about the CIWG meetings. Nick said he was getting with Jerry Young’s replacement on this at Sub-Council. Nick said that he didn’t want the group leaders leaving the areas to go to general stores. He said they are not repairmen. He was going to be going around to talk to the group leaders one on one. Angela complained about the bathrooms in the body shop. She said they were filthy. Arlene thanked Linda for all her help in getting their bathroom issues resolved. Charlie Beedle asked about the group leader meetings and group meetings. He said that Dave McLaughlin said they were supposed to have them every other Thursday and that the time for the meetings was being factored in and the number cut to accommodate them but it wasn’t happening. Nickey said that she had Delta items that were not being fixed in station (dual relay). She said that if they got to the gas fill that it could start a fire. Linda said that she spoke to John Engelhaupt. Darrell Sykes said they could go 21/2 to 3 jobs out of station. Marco said that people were not to worry about the Delta sheets since everything was in QOS and to forget about the printouts. There would be no buy offs. Mary Springowski said that the Delta items were government compliance items and there was a compliance person in the plant. If the process is no longer necessary that there should be documentation to that affect but until that is provided to continue the old process. Bob Vieta said that if people are told not to pull the andon cords that they should give their union rep the name of the person who told them not to pull them. Chris Ladikos said that the problem was that the company was not communicating with the membership.

Motion to adjourn

*Please note: These are not the official notes of the union meeting. These are only the personal notes of the author. These notes are in no way authorized, recognized or sanctioned by the Union, Ford Motor Company or any of their agents. In fact, they really hate it when I put these out!

Respectfully submitted by Mary Springowski

Spring, I'm another one who wants to thank you for the information. A lot of us that came over from Lorain weren't getting a whole lot of information from anyone except you. The notes really help out too. Some of us are single parents and have commitments to our kids on the weekend and just can't make the union meeting from time to time so it's nice to be able to keep up with what is going on. Also since they're being written up, it's easier to refer back to them. I think they're a great tool for the people on the floor. If anyone has a problem with you putting them up here you should just ignore them. I still don't understand how someone can have a problem with someone just wanting to help people out.

:hysterical: Again, and it shouldn't surprise anyone, you twist the words of others. I, we don't recall saying anything except; that it's ALWAYS good to keep the membership informed. How can you misunderstand that ? Print to your hearts content. Typical Donovan move; twist, bend, manipulate words of others to confuse issues. I/ We shouldn't be surprised at this at all thpough, ....After all, How long did it take you all to understand these 2 words/////// APPEAL DENIED///////// ??? :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

:hysterical: Again, and it shouldn't surprise anyone, you twist the words of others. I, we don't recall saying anything except; that it's ALWAYS good to keep the membership informed. How can you misunderstand that ? Print to your hearts content. Typical Donovan move; twist, bend, manipulate words of others to confuse issues. I/ We shouldn't be surprised at this at all thpough, ....After all, How long did it take you all to understand these 2 words/////// APPEAL DENIED///////// ??? :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I am only asking you a question. Now who's being testy? I recall several of your posts from the past whereby you have had a problem with me informing the membership of anything. And you had a problem when Michael spoke to the newspapers informing them of the ratification results. THEY called him. He's under no obligation to say "no comment". He was using the newspaper as an alternative vehicle to do so. This way chances were pretty good that nightshift would get the information in a timely manner. I'd like to know how you feel I've manipulated, twisted or bent what anyone has said? I just paraphrased what you said. Based on what you said and the way you said it, they were legitimate questions. I do believe, though, that I have proved my point, you cannot be objective and put aside YOUR personal animosity regardless if it would be beneficial to the membership. Poor sad pathetic little person.

I am only asking you a question. Now who's being testy? I recall several of your posts from the past whereby you have had a problem with me informing the membership of anything. And you had a problem when Michael spoke to the newspapers informing them of the ratification results. THEY called him. He's under no obligation to say "no comment". He was using the newspaper as an alternative vehicle to do so. This way chances were pretty good that nightshift would get the information in a timely manner. I'd like to know how you feel I've manipulated, twisted or bent what anyone has said? I just paraphrased what you said. Based on what you said and the way you said it, they were legitimate questions. I do believe, though, that I have proved my point, you cannot be objective and put aside YOUR personal animosity regardless if it would be beneficial to the membership. Poor sad pathetic little person.

50% of the problems this company is facing are a reaction by the public towards are pay and benefits. This public perception is a resault of autoworkers telling the public how much they make and, how little they do. They think that we are overpaid and lazy. We could blow it off but, they're the same public that decide wheather or not we work! When I first got to OHAP I stopped at a local tavern for lunch and one of us where felling good. He was being obnoxious telling the server "I can get you A-plan" . After collecting her tip and he walked out she said that's why I drive a Toyota. People like that are costing us. It is simply better if we keep our internal business out of the news. While there may be no obligation not to speak to the press, there are consiquences for every action and statement! Ask Don Imus! Although he had a legal right to say what he said, the consumers and sponsors also have a right to react. The other 50% is mismanagement and, arrogants throughout the company!

Edited by Furious1Auto

LOL, pathetic? Have you checked the mirror , lately? Enough of that...... I'm sure the newspaper did call him; as they have Donovan on speed-dial. Any, all, doesn't matter long as its Donovan. Feed that bullshit about nightshift being informed as the reason to someone else. No, he's under no obligation to not comment. Although, that would have been the ethical thing to do. There I go again, taking it for granted that an offspring of Jerrys would have any ethics. The only point that you've proven is the one on your head. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

50% of the problems this company is facing are a reaction by the public towards are pay and benefits. This public perception is a resault of autoworkers telling the public how much they make and, how little they do. They think that we are overpaid and lazy. We could blow it off but, they're the same public that decide wheather or not we work! When I first got to OHAP I stopped at a local tavern for lunch and one of us where felling good. He was being obnoxious telling the server "I can get you A-plan" . After collecting her tip and he walked out she said that's why I drive a Toyota. People like that are costing us. It is simply better if we keep our internal business out of the news. While there may be no obligation not to speak to the press, there are consiquences for every action and statement! Ask Don Imus! Although he had a legal right to say what he said, the consumers and sponsors also have a right to react. The other 50% is mismanagement and, arrogants throughout the company!

Furious I completely agree that public perception of the UAW and it's workforce along with the products we produce, are very negative. That alone, regardless of where we stand compared to another automaker in terms of vehicle versus vehicle, is a driving thought in the buying process for a great deal of people.

Your story is a perfect example of it, and a frequently occurring one to boot. If I stood back and read just what some people print here and nothing more, it would be easily enough to turn me away if I were a neutral buyer, not employed by a domestic. The guy you spoke of though, in no way shape or form, has a clue that the old school days are gone.

True, Ford has to design it and start the build process...but WE must put it together. Too long has there been ZERO accountibility among our workforce. There needs to be some. When your job is on the line, there is no longer the thought of doing some of the things we all see in our plants. I'm not going to spell them out.

What will happen if bankruptcy happens at Ford? Does anyone want to find out? I sure as hell don't. Step it up boys and girls or we may find ourselves knee deep in it.

Personally, I think the COA at OHAP was a great mixture of some of what Ford needed, and keeping many of the current things we have now in place. I didn't feel it was very drastic at all and 82% felt the same.

LOL, pathetic? Have you checked the mirror , lately? Enough of that...... I'm sure the newspaper did call him; as they have Donovan on speed-dial. Any, all, doesn't matter long as its Donovan. Feed that bullshit about nightshift being informed as the reason to someone else. No, he's under no obligation to not comment. Although, that would have been the ethical thing to do. There I go again, taking it for granted that an offspring of Jerrys would have any ethics. The only point that you've proven is the one on your head. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Testy testy testy! Tsk, tsk!

Furious I completely agree that public perception of the UAW and it's workforce along with the products we produce, are very negative. That alone, regardless of where we stand compared to another automaker in terms of vehicle versus vehicle, is a driving thought in the buying process for a great deal of people.

Your story is a perfect example of it, and a frequently occurring one to boot. If I stood back and read just what some people print here and nothing more, it would be easily enough to turn me away if I were a neutral buyer, not employed by a domestic. The guy you spoke of though, in no way shape or form, has a clue that the old school days are gone.

True, Ford has to design it and start the build process...but WE must put it together. Too long has there been ZERO accountibility among our workforce. There needs to be some. When your job is on the line, there is no longer the thought of doing some of the things we all see in our plants. I'm not going to spell them out.

What will happen if bankruptcy happens at Ford? Does anyone want to find out? I sure as hell don't. Step it up boys and girls or we may find ourselves knee deep in it.

Personally, I think the COA at OHAP was a great mixture of some of what Ford needed, and keeping many of the current things we have now in place. I didn't feel it was very drastic at all and 82% felt the same.

I totally agree. If anyone else would like to take thier head out of the sand and see what people think of us. I was pumbled by 5 people on a non official Ford forum trying to restore our good name. Go to undefined

My guess would be that her comments had little to do with the money he made or the fact that we was arrogant, and a lot to do with the fact that he was in a bar trashed on his lunch break, which he really has no right to do. Jealousy is prevalant all over the world. People simply do not like it when others seem to have it better than they. But in the end, that matters little when it comes to the buying decisions they make. It's things like patronizing local bars and carryout stores where the judgemet comes in. Don't you think they wonder when they see employees come and buy tall boys and lottery tickets what kind of product we produce? Most people with a lick of common sense realize that all auto manufacturing jobs pay pretty well, the foreign included. It's the perception we give ourselves in public that begins this problem. I'd be willing to bet that going to eat lunch at a bar is a terminatable offense at Toyota, although you're going to tell me that it's your right and you can do what you want on your lunch break, blah, blah, blah. Bottomline, I think we share an obligation to ourselves and our employer to not embarass the company with our actions outside of the plant, yet many, like your buddy, do so on a regular basis. Bankruptcy threatening? No, but it certainly doesn't help the cause!

Very good post!

My guess would be that her comments had little to do with the money he made or the fact that we was arrogant, and a lot to do with the fact that he was in a bar trashed on his lunch break, which he really has no right to do. Jealousy is prevalant all over the world. People simply do not like it when others seem to have it better than they. But in the end, that matters little when it comes to the buying decisions they make. It's things like patronizing local bars and carryout stores where the judgemet comes in. Don't you think they wonder when they see employees come and buy tall boys and lottery tickets what kind of product we produce? Most people with a lick of common sense realize that all auto manufacturing jobs pay pretty well, the foreign included. It's the perception we give ourselves in public that begins this problem. I'd be willing to bet that going to eat lunch at a bar is a terminatable offense at Toyota, although you're going to tell me that it's your right and you can do what you want on your lunch break, blah, blah, blah. Bottomline, I think we share an obligation to ourselves and our employer to not embarass the company with our actions outside of the plant, yet many, like your buddy, do so on a regular basis. Bankruptcy threatening? No, but it certainly doesn't help the cause!

Boy, you are full of assumptions and from a managment perspective. The fact is that I can take my lunch break at any establishment that I wish. You forgot to ask me what I was drinking. I had a coke and some wings. Second I never said he was my buddy. I said one of us meaning a Ford worker. I never saw him before that night. Thirdly If I meet an asshole I personally would not support him. Did you click on the link on my earlier post? Oh yeh I almost forgot as for bankruptcy good luck.. There is no judge in the land that will grant a bankruptcy to a company holding $38,000,000,000 in liquid cash. If one does it will be his last term in office. There was a company in 2005 that attempted to file with 3,000,000 in cash and the judge denied the claim. Now that's not to say that our guys should not work hard and, take pride in their job!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Boy, you are full of assumptions and from a managment perspective. The fact is that I can take my lunch break at any establishment that I wish. You forgot to ask me what I was drinking. I had a coke and some wings. Second I never said he was my buddy. I said one of us meaning a Ford worker. I never saw him before that night. Thirdly If I meet an asshole I personally would not support him. Did you click on the link on my earlier post? Oh yeh I almost forgot as for bankruptcy good luck.. There is no judge in the land that will grant a bankruptcy to a company holding $38,000,000,000 in liquid cash. If one does it will be his last term in office. There was a company in 2005 that attempted to file with 3,000,000 in cash and the judge denied the claim. Now that's not to say that our guys should not work hard and, take pride in their job!

No, not a manager, just have common sense. If you don't want to be judged, don't hang out in bars on your lunch break. It doesn't matter what you're drinkling, people will only talk of your presence there. Matters little to me what you say, you and I both know why people from our plant go to the local bars, and it's not for the yummy food! Spin it as you wish, it sets a poor example and it is bad pr for the company that pays you, period. As for bankruptcy, I don't recall saying that the company was going bankrupt, but if you think it is not a future possibilty given it's current financial state you are dead wrong! It matters not what Fords liquid cash state is, their debts far outweigh that. The purpse of bankruptcy is to absolve debt, typically through liquidation, which they have already done. If it came to a point whereas they could not pay their debt, they could very easily seek protection, and it would be granted, guaranteed. As for the judge not being elected again, where did you come up with that nonsense? Who the hell would ever know in the voting public what judge presided over Fords bankruptcy come election time,and why would they care? Are you suggesting that the uaw could sway such an election? Think again. The judge may not win, but it certainly would not be because he declared Ford bankrupt, in the unfortunate scenario where that would happen. The only people that would be affected by that is the employees and any creditors not holding a large enough note to get paid. Anybody else could give a shit less. It is incredibly ignorant to think anything is not a possibility at this point.

As for the company you speak of that had a bankruptcy denied due to having too much cash. Please share the name of that company you reference. I love to read about the case!

No, not a manager, just have common sense. If you don't want to be judged, don't hang out in bars on your lunch break. It doesn't matter what you're drinkling, people will only talk of your presence there. Matters little to me what you say, you and I both know why people from our plant go to the local bars, and it's not for the yummy food! Spin it as you wish, it sets a poor example and it is bad pr for the company that pays you, period. As for bankruptcy, I don't recall saying that the company was going bankrupt, but if you think it is not a future possibilty given it's current financial state you are dead wrong! It matters not what Fords liquid cash state is, their debts far outweigh that. The purpse of bankruptcy is to absolve debt, typically through liquidation, which they have already done. If it came to a point whereas they could not pay their debt, they could very easily seek protection, and it would be granted, guaranteed. As for the judge not being elected again, where did you come up with that nonsense? Who the hell would ever know in the voting public what judge presided over Fords bankruptcy come election time,and why would they care? Are you suggesting that the uaw could sway such an election? Think again. The judge may not win, but it certainly would not be because he declared Ford bankrupt, in the unfortunate scenario where that would happen. The only people that would be affected by that is the employees and any creditors not holding a large enough note to get paid. Anybody else could give a shit less. It is incredibly ignorant to think anything is not a possibility at this point.

As for the company you speak of that had a bankruptcy denied due to having too much cash. Please share the name of that company you reference. I love to read about the case!

Point well taken on our bar presence. As for the name of the company. I remember I read it in the journal. I didn't take the time to commit it to memory. At that time it seemed irrelivent because Ford was comming off of a profitable year. It was in the same time period that the bankruptcy laws changed! As for the UAW voting out a public official, We now live in a society where politicians (judges) are being held accountable. This is why the judge handling Delphi's bankruptcy never nulified their labor contract. This would be a damaging president for all working men and women, not just UAW members! Allowing a company with 38,000,000,000 file bankruptcy without exhausting it's resources first. The point is that just because you file does not mean that it will be granted! Right now Ford is in a net cash position. What is your intent by attempting to intimidate the employ with treats of bankruptcy?

Edited by Furious1Auto

Yeah, I'd say real testy! :hysterical: This is too easy! :hysterical: They must be really getting their asses kicked out on the floor! :hysterical: