Ford Intro Schedule.

Okay, I felt the need to come with a Ford timeline/schedule of what Ford will be redesigning, debuting, and updating over the next couple of years. Redesigns will be marked with a #, updates (ala 500/Taurus and Escape) will get a +, and brand new models will get a >. When I am unsure about the timing of a launch I will list it twice with a question mark. You will also notice I left out introduction of a Ranger. This does not mean I hate the Ranger or anything but I just have no clue when the thing will be redesigned. Here it goes. By the way, these dates are based upon speculation, common sense, and rumors. I am working on a 5 year redesgin schedule with a 4th year update.

FORD/MERCURY/LINCOLN

+Taurus

+Taurus X

+Focus

+Escape

+SuperDuty

+Sable

+Mariner

#F-150

>Flex

>B-Car?

+Fusion

+Fusion Hybrid

+Fusion ST/SVT?

+Fusion Coupe?

+Explorer

+Milan

+Mountaineer

>MKS

>MKL (Lincoln version of the Flex)

#MKLT (new designation of Mark LT)

+MKZ

#Taurus

#Taurus X

#Mustang

>B-Car?

>Second B-Car?

+Edge

+Expedition

+Sport Trac

#Sable

+MKX

+Navigator

#Fusion

#Explorer

#Focus

#Escape

#Super Duty

>Intercepter?

>Second B-Car?

#Milan

#Mountaineer

#Mariner

#MKZ

>MKR?

#Edge

#Expedition

#Sport Trac

+F-150

+Flex

#MKX

#Navigator

+MKS

+MKL

+MKLT

Any way, what do you think? I left out some possible ST, SVT, Hybrid models just for laziness sake. Does anybody have any different information or speculation than I do?

I believe you are quite correct

couple corrections (AFAIK)

- CD3's will be all new in 2012 not 2011

- the redesigned Mustang is due out next spring (so 2009) and all new one is being rumored consistently for 2011 (MY or CY)

- For 2008 there was an OFFICIAL story of the Transit Connect being imported and them manufactured here starting with 2010 MY. But we have yet to hear anything else on it from Ford NA - maybe NYIAS?

- Also I keep hearing the Transit is a done deal - that would also probably still be a 2008 MY.

Igor

Edited by igor

Uh, the Town Car anf GM and CV don't seem to be on the list.

If the 2K9 MY re-fresh catches on, marketing plans could change. We'll know in 12 months, when pre-release leakage should be around.

It may be irrelevant, but the lack of spy pics could be significant.

I believe you are quite correct

couple corrections (AFAIK)

- CD3's will be all new in 2012 not 2011

- the redesigned Mustang is due out next spring (so 2009) and all new one is being rumored consistently for 2011 (MY or CY)

- For 2008 there was an OFFICIAL story of the Transit Connect being imported and them manufactured here starting with 2010 MY. But we have yet to hear anything else on it from Ford NA - maybe NYIAS?

- Also I keep hearing the Transit is a done deal - that would also probably still be a 2008 MY.

Igor

the transit and e-series ill be sold together????

Uh, the Town Car anf GM and CV don't seem to be on the list.

If the 2K9 MY re-fresh catches on, marketing plans could change. We'll know in 12 months, when pre-release leakage should be around.

It may be irrelevant, but the lack of spy pics could be significant.

if this plan still stands, then the CV will receive a technical refresh but directly aimed at LEO fleets, not retail - it will continue to be fleet only - it will also likely not change its exterior appearance.

Secondly, if this plan is still valid the TC WILL be redesigned as another BOF land yacht, but with more appeal to the average retail customer. It is to be more appealing, more in line with modern Lincoln designs and modern interior, and ability to fit new Ford engines comfortably.

This was valid last fall - I am not sure whether it is still valid now, though. Both of these were planned for the 2009 MY or CY (unsure)

Igor

Edited by igor

the transit and e-series ill be sold together????

so i heard ... I think Ford might be testing the wter whether Transit does catch on, before they let E-series go.

Also, we should remember there is nothing bigger than a V6 offered in the Transit - there might be serious functional limitations, that would preserve the E-series as the most powerful Ford utility van, while the Transit and TransitConnect are less powerful, but more efficient ...

Igor

I heard the original plan was to update the mustang in 2009 but then Fields pushed it back to 2010 and increased the number of changes so it is essentially a redesign. What makes you say the CD3's will be coming out in 2012 instead of 2011?

I heard the original plan was to update the mustang in 2009 but then Fields pushed it back to 2010 and increased the number of changes so it is essentially a redesign. What makes you say the CD3's will be coming out in 2012 instead of 2011?

1) the Mustang redesign was ready to go out LAST FALL - it was all ready for NAIAS06 intro, and Fields pulled it. It is possible they will not be ready for 2009 - hence my AFAIK - and it will be an 2010 .. we shall see. (BTW the fact that there is a cooling mule already out makes me thing it will be 09 model after all, but we still do need to wait and see)

the 2012 for the CD3 was mentioned a while back by AN, when they were charting future models by automaker. And Silver is right - it is highly probably the next CD3's will be on EUCD2 (or whatever they call the successor of the current EUCD). There is also a chance the fact that they are carrying the models over to a platform that is no NA-in-house, but global might alter the intro schedule. But from past experience - it is more likely to delay the intro than speed it up.

This is what I know - I am not arguing back, or calling you out on anything .. just saying what I have heard.

Igor

so i heard ... I think Ford might be testing the wter whether Transit does catch on, before they let E-series go.

Also, we should remember there is nothing bigger than a V6 offered in the Transit - there might be serious functional limitations, that would preserve the E-series as the most powerful Ford utility van, while the Transit and TransitConnect are less powerful, but more efficient ...

Igor

Well, I can't really see Transit Ambulances or conversion vans catching on anytime soon. There's plenty of room in the market for both to comfortably co-exist.

As for the Panthers, I'm still not holding my breath for anything the least bit significant in the '09 "refresh". You may see something as oh-so-different as the '08 E-Series refresh. :hysterical:

Well, I can't really see Transit Ambulances or conversion vans catching on anytime soon. There's plenty of room in the market for both to comfortably co-exist.

As for the Panthers, I'm still not holding my breath for anything the least bit significant in the '09 "refresh". You may see something as oh-so-different as the '08 E-Series refresh. :hysterical:

there is one BIG difference between the 08 E-series refresh and the potential Panther refresh: the new management team .. the E-series was the last vehicle the new management inherited. if Panthers are getting a rework, it was approved under Fields and will finish under Mulally ... it is a whole new ball game at Ford... and past experience teaches us nothing.

Igor

Well, the transit (full size, not connect) could easily find a niche as a city delivery vehicle. It doesn't need the brute power of the E-series for that. IT will be a more durable and useful alternative to FWD minivan based delivery vehicles, such as the Caravan CV. It will also take the place in the market that was vacated when the E-150 moved to the HD platform.

Igor

So then ford still might be left with no diesel van?

Well, the transit (full size, not connect) could easily find a niche as a city delivery vehicle. It doesn't need the brute power of the E-series for that. IT will be a more durable and useful alternative to FWD minivan based delivery vehicles, such as the Caravan CV. It will also take the place in the market that was vacated when the E-150 moved to the HD platform.

that was my point

Igor

Igor

Transit Connect is smaller and will fill the void left by the cargo Astro/Safari

Transit Connect is smaller and will fill the void left by the cargo Astro/Safari

I think it is considerably smaller than even the Astro .. it is based on the Focus after all ... but I might be wrong about the cargo dimensions.

Igor

"If the 2K9 MY [Panther cars] re-fresh catches on, marketing plans could change. We'll know in 12 months, when pre-release leakage should be around."

I highly doubt they will 'catch on' at all. Fanatics wil continue to buy used at Police auctions, and the rest of the world will not even bother seeing what is "new", if anything really will.