Ford workers hard at work on the "job"

AdamCaan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disgusting!!!!! Most of you people do more work in 3hrs then they do in 3 days. And people wonder why we are losing when the personally are working as hard as they can. Well feast your eyes on one of the reasons you are being FORCED to lose.

I feel for everyone I left behind that are doing everything they can to save Ford, and save their jobs.

A slap in the face like this shown by the media, needs to be taken care of just because of the embarrasment factor alone.

These are the type of union members that the UAW protects. No wonder Ford plants are shutting down

No wonder Toyota workers do not want the UAW in there plants.

The actions of these "good & loyal" Ford - UAW members are the cause of plants shutting down.

Old MOFO news, REALLY old MOFO news!!!! where the fuck have you been? did you just wake up from your 12 months hibernation nap ? GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ.

Edited by TCAP'er

These are the type of union members that the UAW protects. No wonder Ford plants are shutting down

No wonder Toyota workers do not want the UAW in there plants.

The actions of these "good & loyal" Ford - UAW members are the cause of plants shutting down.

It doesn't matter how old this story is!! What really is the problem is that the union will defend these guys to the end, when they should be fired.

Let's take this time to do a follow up on the story that is less than a year old.

Does anyone know what happen to the guys on the video? Or how about the supervisors and managers of them?

they all got a month off without pay

Including the salaried folks, or just the offending hourly workers?

in that case i hope the union leadership also, because they all know this goes on. The news should head out to the Pub in downtown Romeo every night a bunch of guys with there radios strapped to there sides stop in there and stay for a couple hours also. They are all skilled trades. this is what gives the good union workers a bad rap!!!!!

in that case i hope the union leadership also, because they all know this goes on. The news should head out to the Pub in downtown Romeo every night a bunch of guys with there radios strapped to there sides stop in there and stay for a couple hours also. They are all skilled trades. this is what gives the good union workers a bad rap!!!!!

Hell, at the plant I worked at most of the union reps would be at the bar most of their shifts and then they would go home early. I remember a couple of years ago one of our afternoon shift reps was seen at a local bar during his shift and the real kicker was that he was there with a lady from labor relations. I don't think his wife found out about that!!! :stirpot:

Edited by 51071

Hell, at the plant I worked at most of the union reps would be at the bar most of their shifts and then they would go home early. I remember a couple of years ago one of our afternoon shift rep was seen at a local bar during his shift and the real kicker was that he was there with a lady from labor relations. I don't think his wife found out about that!!! :stirpot:

Maybe that's why they get that special "N" code on the DROTS all the time... "UNION BUSINESS" is one definition of that code. Especially with some lady from labor relations. I guess that's still considered bj3.gif "UNION BUSINESS"

Just goes to show you who really shares each other's bed... Right? :poke: RIGHT!!!

:fan: :beerchug: UAW BUSINESS! :party: :tequila:

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

This quote has always summed it up for me since I heard it back in the early 90’s. The set up: its turn of the century America and a young man barely more than a boy is speaking up to his cruel fat-cat boss/plant owner.

“You can't treat the working man this way! One of these days we'll form a union, and get the fair and equitable treatment we deserve! Then we'll go too far, and become corrupt and shiftless, and the Japanese will eat us alive”!

From The Simpson’s.

It is up to the employer to police its employees. If they do not know or care what is going on, that is their business. People should have the right to be free from harassment by stalking media slimeballs. Ford is a private company, not the government. Why don't they take their cameras into the plants and show the public how auto workers really work? Sometimes a few workers get assignments which could involve some travel and socializing. More cost saving ideas are hatched in a quiet friendly environment over a beer than in a noisy factory. If you can come up with a way to save Ford a nickel a car, that is the same as giving back all of your pay. Maybe a line stops, and some workers could be idled for a few hours. So what? I have worked in other industries. I could tell some stories but I am not a lily-livered rat-fink. I hope that those media slime don't venture into any dark alleys. If you ever give them a story, don't expect them to protect the source. They would rat you out.

Edited by Trimdingman

It is up to the employer to police its employees. If they do not know or care what is going on, that is their business. People should have the right to be free from harassment by stalking media slimeballs. Ford is a private company, not the government. Why don't they take their cameras into the plants and show the public how auto workers really work? Sometimes a few workers get assignments which could involve some travel and socializing. More cost saving ideas are hatched in a quiet friendly environment over a beer than in a noisy factory. If you can come up with a way to save Ford a nickel a car, that is the same as giving back all of your pay. Maybe a line stops, and some workers could be idled for a few hours. So what? I have worked in other industries. I could tell some stories but I am not a lily-livered rat-fink. I hope that those media slime don't venture into any dark alleys. If you ever give them a story, don't expect them to protect the source. They would rat you out.

Your right its up to the company but where does the union reps and morons downtown come into play?? We all know the lazy reps will pull some favors and get the lazy guy what he wants. We all have more stories about this and have watched it happen infront of our eyes, and we can't say a thing because we get told thats not union like. Well its time the union goes back to helping out all the good hard working guys that show up on time not 10min late and say "well I was in the parking lot" or has to take a smoke break every half hour. The union needs to help that person out, and then maybe instead of reading all these stories in the paper you might read one that is good. People outside hate the union because of all the crap we all know happens!!!!!

Your right its up to the company but where does the union reps and morons downtown come into play?? We all know the lazy reps will pull some favors and get the lazy guy what he wants. We all have more stories about this and have watched it happen infront of our eyes, and we can't say a thing because we get told thats not union like. Well its time the union goes back to helping out all the good hard working guys that show up on time not 10min late and say "well I was in the parking lot" or has to take a smoke break every half hour. The union needs to help that person out, and then maybe instead of reading all these stories in the paper you might read one that is good. People outside hate the union because of all the crap we all know happens!!!!!

Things happen everywhere. Somehow, we manage to build 500 or so cars in a shift with a thousand or so workers. Let's see any other industry do the equivalent of that. How many TV snitches would it take? I worked on the line for 25 years before I got off. Now, sometimes I have the odd easy day. I have probably done the equivalent of 250 years of work in my life based on the productivity of the average worker in the country. Auto workers are the hardest workers but are always singled out for negative press. It is time that we started setting the record straight.

Edited by Trimdingman

You are wrong about this issue. We all know about the bar scene around factories. We know who goes out every day for a liquid lunch and the enabling actions of fellow workers and bosses. This "expose" wasn't about a friendly environment but workers getting paid to drink on company time. They got a month off w/o pay and perhaps some mandated counseling. Whistleblowers seem to catch more grief than the guilty parties. Sometimes a little reality is needed to help change peoples' attitudes.

:banghead::ohsnap:

I hope you are just kidding. Integrate and honor is the individual's responsibility.

The employer should be ensuring that the employees has the tools the troops need and to take breaks and get enough rest. Our unit will not tolerate a "slacker" because we know that their lives depends on everyone doing more than what is expected of them.

I can only remember a few times that I had to tell a troop to get to work or work harder. Most of the time I have to order the troops to take a break and drink more water.

You are wrong about this issue. We all know about the bar scene around factories. We know who goes out every day for a liquid lunch and the enabling actions of fellow workers and bosses. This "expose" wasn't about a friendly environment but workers getting paid to drink on company time. They got a month off w/o pay and perhaps some mandated counseling. Whistleblowers seem to catch more grief than the guilty parties. Sometimes a little reality is needed to help change peoples' attitudes.

It is up to the company to do something about a problem if a problem exists. The only reason that action was taken is because the media got involved. Do you want to keep everyone on a leash and under a microscope? Maybe one of those suspended workers was a future Lee Iacocca. What is his attitude toward Ford going to be now? I know a guy who has had it in for Ford for over 30 years because they would not give him a day off to attend his sister's wedding. Put things into perspective. What you think that you see may not be what you actually see. Worry about yourself. Let Ford worry about itself.

It is up to the company to do something about a problem if a problem exists. The only reason that action was taken is because the media got involved. Do you want to keep everyone on a leash and under a microscope? Maybe one of those suspended workers was a future Lee Iacocca. What is his attitude toward Ford going to be now? I know a guy who has had it in for Ford for over 30 years because they would not give him a day off to attend his sister's wedding. Put things into perspective. What you think that you see may not be what you actually see. Worry about yourself. Let Ford worry about itself.

Dude are you for real??? Do you even listen or read what you’re saying?? Are you high on drugs?? joint.gif Are you one of these people that go down to the bar and hang out on your shift and get drunk alcoholic.gifand you're afraid your going to lose that opportunity?? Are you one of the people that the union protects and you’re scared if they crack down on this shit that they might not be able to protect you any more??? WAKE THE FUCK up dude we are in a global war for our jobs and shit like this doesn’t help us!!! I have seen it time and time again!!! The company fired the said fuck up employee and the union fights tooth and nail to get their ass back. Sometimes they are gone for months and when they come get back; they get to keep their seniority, and their job. It's TOTAL BULLSHIT!!! You need to get with the times bud, things are changing and it ain't going to be like the good ole days!!! ANYBODY that comes out here and defends this kind of behavior is either a union rep or a person that’s doing this shit they are talking about in the article, PERIOD!!!

Edited by uRfk9AcDfo9Wui

You know a guy who has major issues! When Ford dragged me out of my house, kicking and screaming, forced me to work for them and denied me free will, it caused me to sneak out of work and drink at the local gin mill. I saw Lee Iacocca and Elvis sitting at the end of the bar and forgot to go back to work until we had designed a Mustang with tail fins!

There is no reason for these guys to be in a bar for those lengths of time. Anyone that defends them is also part of the problem no matter how many years they have worked at ford. I would say that if one of these guys in the video had a relative at the plant and an accident happen to them and the person that was involved had been drinking they would try to sue the company and the union. That is the mentality. How would these individuals feel if it was their company would they pay people to leave the job for hours and pay them for not working.

There is no reason for these guys to be in a bar for those lengths of time. Anyone that defends them is also part of the problem no matter how many years they have worked at ford. I would say that if one of these guys in the video had a relative at the plant and an accident happen to them and the person that was involved had been drinking they would try to sue the company and the union. That is the mentality. How would these individuals feel if it was their company would they pay people to leave the job for hours and pay them for not working.

It is not right for someone to get drunk every day on the job, but it is none of my business. I just worry about doing my own job. It is up to Ford to control what their employees do. The thing that is worse than having employees getting away with breaking company rules is having Big Brother watching you 24/7. I know that working on the line for a long time makes you almost like a robot. Why don't you just get the company to implant GPS chips into your bodies and have you give urine samples every couple of hours? Better still, why not have them cage you or chain you to your work station? They could add links to the chain based on good job performance. Personally, I would rather be a galley slave than work like that.

Edited by Trimdingman