What Kinda Workmanship Is This?

orange702

:banghead: The Dealerships are Ford's biggest downfall. Ford Motor Co. needs to take more control of it's Dealerships. The salesmen try to screw you from the start, as soon as you walk in with your A-Plan pin number. Then, when you have warranty problems, the Service Dept. seldom ever fixes them right. I work for Ford, and I drive a Ford, but I hate dealing with the Dealerships. :banghead:

:banghead: The Dealerships are Ford's biggest downfall. Ford Motor Co. needs to take more control of it's Dealerships. The salesmen try to screw you from the start, as soon as you walk in with your A-Plan pin number. Then, when you have warranty problems, the Service Dept. seldom ever fixes them right. I work for Ford, and I drive a Ford, but I hate dealing with the Dealerships. :banghead:

You are absolutely correct. The customer doesn't see Ford Motor Company, their only visibility to Ford is through the dealer network. I agree with the discussion that there are far too many dealerships. The company should take the bottom half of poor performing dealerships and cut off their supply of cars. Now, some consideration has to be given to the dealer location but the concept of weeding out the bad dealers in critical to Ford surviving. Having great product for them to sell would also help a bit. :finger:

You are absolutely correct. The customer doesn't see Ford Motor Company, their only visibility to Ford is through the dealer network. I agree with the discussion that there are far too many dealerships. The company should take the bottom half of poor performing dealerships and cut off their supply of cars. Now, some consideration has to be given to the dealer location but the concept of weeding out the bad dealers in critical to Ford surviving. Having great product for them to sell would also help a bit. :finger:

I agree with Manufmanager,

20% of the dealers gotta go. I also agree it needs to be by location, but wherever there is an abundance of dealers in large metro areas, the bottom tier in warranty and sales complaints regardless of size, must be removed.

What good is making great vehicles for consumers if at the selling point, they get a bad taste in their mouthes? The only way that would work is if the car never came in for service, and then only if the consumer never found out he got the shaft on the sale.

Toyoty doesn't do it perfectly, but they do it a whole lot better than Ford at the sale/warranty point. How much of a rise in marketshare is it worth to Ford, to NOT HAVE consumers avoid you because of your dealers???????????

You see how WE are treated as a group by them. (in percentage as a total. I am sure some of you have found very good dealers) Imagine if they treat YOU a Ford employee in such a shabby manner, what they do to the regular consumer of this country!!!!!!!!

Besides improving design, this is the FIRST thing Ford should be looking into cause it takes no brains to read the survey reports they get, and decide by percentage of complaints to sold vehicles and overall repairs who the bums are. A certified, public, accountant, is not needed for this, a junior in highschool could figure it out by using the numbers along with a calculator.

WAKE UP FORD!!!!!! If you think the UAW is screwing you, these people are doing it 5 times faster by doing crappy work while more than likely; overcharging the company for warranty work, and when ya really get in trouble will just straighten out their act and move to Toyoty, Honda, or Nissan.

If ya want to pass the blame around some, the buck does alot of stopping at the dealers too!

• 3 weeks later...

And moreover, If they know you buoght it on A-plan when you trade The dealers try to take back the discount! My Dad used my A-plan pin to buy a $62,000 Lincon Navigator He saved $16,000 due to A-plan paying $46,000. He then kept it six months before trading it. The Ford dealership offered him $16,000 less than the GM dealership. Needless to say He is now driving a GMC crewcab pick-up and, will never again buy from the company who his son works for!

And moreover, If they know you buoght it on A-plan when you trade The dealers try to take back the discount! My Dad used my A-plan pin to buy a $62,000 Lincon Navigator He saved $16,000 due to A-plan paying $46,000. He then kept it six months before trading it. The Ford dealership offered him $16,000 less than the GM dealership. Needless to say He is now driving a GMC crewcab pick-up and, will never again buy from the company who his son works for!

Here is a better one, why I'll never ever own a Ford product again!!!! I purchased a Zx3 on A-plan for 9500, sticker was almost 15k. I've owned the car for a year this mth, it has 20k mileage. I was going to use it for a trade in but the dealer only wanted to give me 7000 for it, they said take it to Carmax they buy cars with out purchase from them. Well Carmax wanted to give me $6400, the car is only a year old this mth, WTF!!!!!!! So 3 weeks ago it hit Autotrader for below what Kelly bluebook called for, and so far NOT ONE CALLL, last week it hit the local paper and has run for 6days and guess what not one call!!!! In my 12.5yrs at Ford I never purchased a Ford, and on my first and last one I got screwed!!!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!!

I purchased a ZX5, SE with a manual, in 05, put right at 60K miles on it. I traded it last month on a Fusion, dealer gave me 9800.00 for it.

Of course I know he "Really" didnt give me 9800.00 for a 2 year old Focus with 60K miles. But I researched the Fusion on line, We negotiated to 200.00 over KBB invoice, I took the financing, so didnt get the kickback. So Whatever he didnt give me for the Focus came out of whatever is left from actual invoice to KBB inv +200.

My Focus was in average condition, needed tires badly. KBB was somewhere betwen 7500 and 8800. So I really cant complain too much

I do not understand people who "buy" cars only to keep them for 6months to 1 year... A car is not an investmentlong or short term... This type of person should lease.

I agree, and generaly do lease but this car was left in Michigan my last year at Ford, instead of renting every time I had to go back to work from layoff. I just don't understand how this car has lost over 5k in a year and I didn't even pay full price, I feel for the guy who does.

I do not understand people who "buy" cars only to keep them for 6months to 1 year... A car is not an investmentlong or short term... This type of person should lease.

If your first vehicle is paid off when you buy you can have a new car every six months and they only thing you will pay is the depreciation. Which won't be much if you buy car with big A-plan dicounts and rebates. So if you where to lose $2,000 the day you drove it off of the lot who cares if you just saved $6,500 in rebates and incentives! Within six months you could brake even. It depends on how much you get off MSRP and what the trade value is. I'd rather do that than lease and you can still keep a new vehicle! I just don't Have my car paid off like my father. He normaly keeps them 1 to 2 years. He just was not going to pay for premium grade gas while regular unleaded was $3.00 a gallon. Otherwise he would have kept it.

I just looked up the KBB "Trade in" value from their website -- they list $9600 for the cheapest manual 2006 ZX3 with no options; the private party resale value is supposed to be $11325. So it's pretty much just the dealer screwing you for pure profit... and I'd bet you're not gonna find a dealer anywhere that lets you get away with a fair price.

Here is a better one, why I'll never ever own a Ford product again!!!! I purchased a Zx3 on A-plan for 9500, sticker was almost 15k. I've owned the car for a year this mth, it has 20k mileage. I was going to use it for a trade in but the dealer only wanted to give me 7000 for it, they said take it to Carmax they buy cars with out purchase from them. Well Carmax wanted to give me $6400, the car is only a year old this mth, WTF!!!!!!! So 3 weeks ago it hit Autotrader for below what Kelly bluebook called for, and so far NOT ONE CALLL, last week it hit the local paper and has run for 6days and guess what not one call!!!! In my 12.5yrs at Ford I never purchased a Ford, and on my first and last one I got screwed!!!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Ok everyone easy on the dealers.

They are in business to make a profit you know, they can't sell $30,000 vehicles for 1% above cost and meet payroll.

The dealer already has dozens of brand new Focuses on the lot for sale why does he "need" your used one no matter how clean or low mileage? Answer: as a fall back option for a potential buyer who can't even afford a new Focus which means it had better be dirt cheap because financing is usually shorter term and higher percentage on any used vehicle compaired to new. Now if you were trading a limited production vehicle he doesn't already have 20 of like, say, a Shelby GT500 well then I'm sure he could give a lot closer to the original sticker price to get even a used one for his inventory. You said yourself you can't even get a single call for the Zx3 for blue book, how could the dealer give you blue book for the trade, spend the standard $300-$600 cleaning, prepping and advertising the trade for resale, let it sit on the lot possably 6 months waiting for the right buyer (while it depreciated more) oh and paying the salesman a little commission. When the buyer does look at it he will be waving that same bluebook in the salesman's face and wanting to pay the low trade price.

While I have worked dealership service many years I have never worked sales but I see what those people deal with. They are forced to play by the rules of the business and it ain't nice.

Ask yourself this, how would you like a job where the manager says "you will sell 20 cars a month or you are fired." It's that simple, no excuses accepted. The salesmen would give every car away to hit his unit quota that's where the Sales Manager comes in, he makes sure the dealership makes enough profit on the deal to pay the bills.

I just looked up the KBB "Trade in" value from their website -- they list $9600 for the cheapest manual 2006 ZX3 with no options; the private party resale value is supposed to be $11325. So it's pretty much just the dealer screwing you for pure profit... and I'd bet you're not gonna find a dealer anywhere that lets you get away with a fair price.

But you all missed the point the car has been in Autotrader for 4 weeks this saturday and has been in the local paper for since last Sunday and NOT ONE CALL. Which tells me that the car really has no value, no matter what KBB says. The dealers in my area are selling new zx3 for just under 10k with rebates that is really sad. That tells me there is no demand what so ever for this car!!!! Any time an auto maker takes almost 5k off a car that shows you there not selling. I'm very glad I got the A-plan at the time I purchased this car. If the someone who doesn't get it and only had put say 2500k down on my sticker at 14900 they would have had to financed 12400, which means in a year the average guy losses big time, the car has no value. This is why people flock to the other guys, this is what needs to be understood buy the american designers. This was my first and last Ford I'll ever own!!!!!!!!

But you all missed the point the car has been in Autotrader for 4 weeks this saturday and has been in the local paper for since last Sunday and NOT ONE CALL. Which tells me that the car really has no value, no matter what KBB says. The dealers in my area are selling new zx3 for just under 10k with rebates that is really sad. That tells me there is no demand what so ever for this car!!!! Any time an auto maker takes almost 5k off a car that shows you there not selling. I'm very glad I got the A-plan at the time I purchased this car. If the someone who doesn't get it and only had put say 2500k down on my sticker at 14900 they would have had to financed 12400, which means in a year the average guy losses big time, the car has no value. This is why people flock to the other guys, this is what needs to be understood buy the american designers. This was my first and last Ford I'll ever own!!!!!!!!

I don't understand what your issue is. Did you not research your purchase? You bought the bottom of Ford's NA line. They are an A to B car. What did you really expect? It wouldn't matter if it was a Hondo or a Toyota....given a choice between a used car and a new car within $1000 what would you buy?

I don't understand what your issue is. Did you not research your purchase? You bought the bottom of Ford's NA line. They are an A to B car. What did you really expect? It wouldn't matter if it was a Hondo or a Toyota....given a choice between a used car and a new car within $1000 what would you buy?

But if I'd bought a Honda or a Toyota I't would have sold by now the residual is through the roof!! It shouldn't matter what grade the car is, it doesn't when you buy a Honda or Toyota and this is the sad part about it!!!! Honda has the highest residual of all car makers. So what your saying is I bought a piece of crap car from Ford, if i'd bought a Freestyle i'd have a sold it by now. Considering I used to work on that line and all the down time it shows that the car isn't selling either. When I bought the zx3 last year my dealer didn't even have a Freestyle on the lot and when I asked why he asked would you buy one? He said they only order them if someone wants one, which hasn't happened. What this will do to someone who is for the first time buyer to Ford, will look at another automaker rather then Ford because they'll want a car that has resale.

Ok everyone easy on the dealers.

They are in business to make a profit you know, they can't sell $30,000 vehicles for 1% above cost and meet payroll.

The dealer already has dozens of brand new Focuses on the lot for sale why does he "need" your used one no matter how clean or low mileage? Answer: as a fall back option for a potential buyer who can't even afford a new Focus which means it had better be dirt cheap because financing is usually shorter term and higher percentage on any used vehicle compaired to new. Now if you were trading a limited production vehicle he doesn't already have 20 of like, say, a Shelby GT500 well then I'm sure he could give a lot closer to the original sticker price to get even a used one for his inventory. You said yourself you can't even get a single call for the Zx3 for blue book, how could the dealer give you blue book for the trade, spend the standard $300-$600 cleaning, prepping and advertising the trade for resale, let it sit on the lot possably 6 months waiting for the right buyer (while it depreciated more) oh and paying the salesman a little commission. When the buyer does look at it he will be waving that same bluebook in the salesman's face and wanting to pay the low trade price.

While I have worked dealership service many years I have never worked sales but I see what those people deal with. They are forced to play by the rules of the business and it ain't nice.

Ask yourself this, how would you like a job where the manager says "you will sell 20 cars a month or you are fired." It's that simple, no excuses accepted. The salesmen would give every car away to hit his unit quota that's where the Sales Manager comes in, he makes sure the dealership makes enough profit on the deal to pay the bills.

Thank you for your insite! I still don't see how a dealer haveing too much inventory changes what the value of my vehicle is! Their vehicle pricing is based on what the market will bear. As far as qouta's That normally happens at big dealerships where they have alot of walk-ins. If you have a customer that walks on the lot to buy and you can't sell them you don't need to be there. Don't screw your custumers trying to support your coke habit and they will buy! the only exception is if you can't get them financed. And I know that happens alot. I own a 2006 Fusion and attemped to trade it for a $6,000 vehicle that I could pay off in months preparing for contract time. KBB showed $18,641 personal sale value. Trade value was 14,601. I owed 13,000 on Fords hotest selling product. All I wanted to do was break even with no negative on my trade, already loseing a years worth of payment. they where looking to make $5,000 on buying my car and What ever the profit would be to sell me a used car! That was not good enough, My sales women still insisted to give me $1,000 negative. Fuck her My car was worth $18,000 a year old 10,000 miles never smoked in. She fucked herself. I refinanced payment went from $400 on a buy to $250 on a buy! I'm ready for contract time!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Thank you for your insite! I still don't see how a dealer haveing too much inventory changes what the value of my vehicle is! Their vehicle pricing is based on what the market will bear.

Old saying: "You can't sell snow to an Eskimo." The dealer has plenty of new Fusions, doesn't really need a used one unless the price is right. As I already said add hundreds of dollars of prep, advertising and they have to pay sales commissions and overhead after that the dealership owner would like to make a profit. If your car is worth so much you could pocket all that extra money by selling it yourself in 1-week and for top dollar just put an add in the Auto Trader...yea I didn't think so.

As far as qouta's That normally happens at big dealerships where they have alot of walk-ins. If you have a customer that walks on the lot to buy and you can't sell them you don't need to be there. Don't screw your custumers trying to support your coke habit and they will buy! the only exception is if you can't get them financed. And I know that happens alot.
Seems to me UAW members don't like it when people slam them with insults like "lazy, greedy, uneducated, and yes drug addicts" so it's especially irritating hearing a UAW member bashing the people who are trying to sell the products you build.

I own a 2006 Fusion and attemped to trade it for a $6,000 vehicle that I could pay off in months preparing for contract time. KBB showed $18,641 personal sale value. Trade value was 14,601. I owed 13,000 on Fords hotest selling product. All I wanted to do was break even with no negative on my trade, already loseing a years worth of payment. they where looking to make $5,000 on buying my car and What ever the profit would be to sell me a used car! That was not good enough, My sales women still insisted to give me $1,000 negative. Fuck her My car was worth $18,000 a year old 10,000 miles never smoked in. She fucked herself. I refinanced payment went from $400 on a buy to $250 on a buy! I'm ready for contract time!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said sell it yourself and pocket the whole $18,000 hot shot.

Oh, and the F-150 is still Ford's hottest selling product NOT the Fusion.