A new grille for the Fusion

Karrmann

I'm sorry, but I do not like the fusion's grille and taillight covers. This is the only thing that turns me off of the Fusion. I think that it should have a mesh grille/rearend just like the Five Hundred. Later today, I'll post a PSed Fusion to show what I mean.

I think the Fusion does look good with a recessed mesh grille if the bumper design has been modified for a slighty smaller opening and recessed channel for the grille mesh. It's not good enough to just replace the bars with a mesh grille IMO.

I like the tail-lights quite a bit so I'd keep those. However, many people don't like 'em so I suspect Ford will change them in the future.

I have to admit, when it comes to the Montego/Milan, FoMoCo hit one out of the park.

Well, I wish the Montego were more different from the 'hundred. The Milan is much better differentiated, IMHO. I'd like to see a MetaOne Sedan. It's understandable that there will be people who do not like the "Flashiness" of the Fusion, which is why Ford is smart to continue the Mercury line, it give people who would otherwise not purchase a Ford product a second product to consider.

I tossed around the idea of what I would do if I bought a Fusion and I realized the first thing I would do is paint the grill body color along with the chrome strips on the bumper. HOWEVER, I think the chrome grill does look great as is for most models, just that if they offer a sporty model it should be body color (like they do with some of their other vehicles, like the Expedition or even the SuperDuty). I happen to love the taillights, though, very distinctive. Second thing I would do is add a tasteful body-color spoiler to the back, I didn't see one offered on the Build-your-own website.

• 3 months later...

My Fusion came with a deck spoiler. I am sure it was a dealer add on. sure "makes" the car though. I know what you guys are talking about as far as the grille..I have been considering removing the two bars from the lower opening, and "doing something else" there...just haven't figured out what yet. The way it is, it almost looks like it's missing one on the bottom. The wife is demanding a body kit......I'm stalling her!

I've come to really love the Fusion's grille. It's quickly and easily identified in a sea of midsize boredom-boxes, something not true of the muted monochrome monsters of recent years.

Don't get me wrong...I've owned, built, and loved monochome monsters. I also like some variety, from time to time. This is NOT a time for Ford's products to disappear in the crowd.

With the Milan also available, the same car can have either brash or more subdued styling, for almost identical money.

that's right.

I have to admit, when it comes to the Montego/Milan, FoMoCo hit one out of the park.

I would put the Fusion's rear on the Milan, personally. I really don't like the triangular taillights on the Fusion because I don't think they fit well.

There should be a "sport" version of the fusion though with no chrome.

Now that would be cool. With a grey or black grill.

I've come to really love the Fusion's grille. It's quickly and easily identified in a sea of midsize boredom-boxes, something not true of the muted monochrome monsters of recent years.

Don't get me wrong...I've owned, built, and loved monochome monsters. I also like some variety, from time to time. This is NOT a time for Ford's products to disappear in the crowd.

I agree sincerely. I can identify a Fusion driving up to me without a second glance.

I'm sorry, but I do not like the fusion's grille and taillight covers. This is the only thing that turns me off of the Fusion. I think that it should have a mesh grille/rearend just like the Five Hundred. Later today, I'll post a PSed Fusion to show what I mean.

I agree , my wife likes the FUSION front grill chrome or color matched, blacked out what-ever, but she doe's not want to get it just because of the rear tail light she says they are ugly makes car look back something missing on rear she hates the chrome around the lights.. maybe they could add a spoiler on rear deck lid (make it sport model) and just use red lights...?? :happy feet: so i thing we are going to get the Edge :yup: Whenever more info gets here for it , We have not seen picture of those rear taillights hope they are not ugly too :doh: or may have to stay with boring same old explorer .... :boring: :shrug:

It sounds like you guys would complain that the sun is to bright on a sunny day. The Fusion is a great looking car period.

:shrug:

What? I wasn't complaining. I like the Fusion grill - I think it is striking, and makes the Fusion stand out. What I was saying is, if you don't like the Fusion grill get the Milan, rather than calling for Ford to dumb-down the Fusion.

• 3 months later...