Top Gear Insults the Rest of You

Well kinda, not really, but I get your point!

What sucks is that the Army and Marine Corp are buying more MRAPS these days then Strykers... So I don't expect Anniston to have work for THAT much longer... :ohsnap:

To be fair, Strykers just can't handle the IEDs that have come up in Iraq, mainly because these were designed with missions like Somalia (think Black Hawk Down) in mind...

The Stryker is an INTERM vehicle to bridge the gap between Light Infantry units and Heavy units that use Bradley's and M1's...at least till the Future Combat System comes into being...which might not happen they way things are going now.

The MRAP is more or less a replacement for the M1114 Humvee which is used alot more then Stryker or other heavy vehicles in Iraq.

Finally, people who make the bang always have an advantage over the people who develop armor...its easier to make a bigger explosive then it is to add armor to stop it on a vehicle.

lol, metro detroit is the biggest shit whole in this country, do you know more people die their everyday than our troops die in Iraq everyday, i think it is like 23 or something like that, all i know is that it is very bad on, well everything economical and safety, i have a cousin that lived there, lets see, his friend was in a gang, the rival gang came a beat the shit out of him and left him to die just cause he knew someone in the other gang, but hey there are so many gangs in Alabama, or wait you think it sucks cause of your stereotyping of rednecks, is that why?

please ask any american to chose from either detroit or alabama and see which they pick to live in

they don't have gangs they have the KKK.

I remember hoses and dogs and children.

they don't have gangs they have the KKK.

I remember hoses and dogs and children.

Agreed, the clan hasn't been around here for a long time. People that think or believe that have clearly never spent much time in the south. You might find some remote town of about 400 people that they'll give you some hard stares in, but they won't chase you outta town with pitch forks and lanterns. It's dead.

Most of us may remember awhile back when Top Gear conducted a little foray into the great state of Alabama, where I am proudly from. Of course they went out of their way to insult the, shall we say, less sophisticated members of our population and pretty nearly got their asses kicked. I was not impressed, given the intelligence level of the average British soccer hooligan, even our good old redneck boys are rocket scientists by comparison. Most of you guys told me to just suck it up and deal with it, which of course I would have done anyway.

At any rate, in this video, the British air bag is back and not only does he take a shot at the rest of you but even worse, he thoroughly trashes the venerable Ford F150, Lightning no less. I swear if I ever meet this guy in person I'm going to cuss his ass up one side and down the other. It's one thing when we Americans take issue with our own but I don't need to hear from some self impressed, fat ass British wind bag with a chip on his shoulder because in his heart he knows his country is a weak ass lesser version of our own. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE7oU2KT1T4

Ford F150 owners should not worry to much about this, l find the man is a complete hypocrite he just does not like the fact that the Ford F150 is a Ford, and that it is the best selling vehicle in the World. it gets under his skin. What Ford need to worry about is when he starts to praise a Ford up that is never going to sell well, and would end up a sales flop, there is a hidden agenda to make Ford produce sales failures, this also applies to the motoring press as well (MSN UK is Audi/VW biased Why?), some are so biased they would like nothing more than see the F150 killed off and Ford with it. Here is a video of a very different Mr Clarkson video praising the virtue of owning a Pick-up truck in BRITAIN, is this man a hypocrite or what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrk6vsb77xk

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

It's one thing when we Americans take issue with our own but I don't need to hear from some self impressed, fat ass British wind bag with a chip on his shoulder because in his heart he knows his country is a weak ass lesser version of our own. Enjoy.

I was with you until you slammed the British.

Remember, the British are the first people that pioneered today's cultural heritage in the United States.

Clarkson take the piss out of anyone or anything so don't take it personally. Having said that it's worth buying the dvd, where Clarkson tests cars in the USA. It does I'm afraid say a lot about how US luxury cars are seen. Ford fans (excluding Lincoln) should be proud though as Ford products did well, unlike GM......

Clarkson take the piss out of anyone or anything so don't take it personally. Having said that it's worth buying the dvd, where Clarkson tests cars in the USA. It does I'm afraid say a lot about how US luxury cars are seen. Ford fans (excluding Lincoln) should be proud though as Ford products did well, unlike GM......

I couldn't care less about anything that old wind bag has to say about any car. If his co-host made the DVD it might be worth watching. But anything that Clarkson has to say has all the credibility of spray painted gang tags on a freeway column to me.

Clarkson does get a bit overboard.

At least we Aussies got off light in that show.

"There are more F150s in the world than there are Australians."

Now that's cryptic.

Impressive, 107 F trucks each hour sold in the US, Wow!

Edited by jpd80

his schtick is that he's bloody irritating.

I find the guy pretty funny.

And the dude has mad respect for some of Ford's products, the European ones, and especially the mustang and the GT, whether he sold the thing or not.

If he offends you, my only advice is to simply not take him seriously, which honestly is not very hard to do.

If he offends you, my only advice is to simply not take him seriously, which honestly is not very hard to do.

I don't. He's just one of those people that no matter what he just rubs me the wrong way you know. Everyone has some people like that in their life. It's just a character thing I guess. He's just fingernails on a chalkboard. I don't like anything about the man and I certainly have no respect for his automotive opinions, regardless of his point of view about european Fords. If the whole show was just his co-host and stig I'd be alright with that. lol

ok im going to say this, what does britian like making fun of?........us!!!

it is a british show, what does its audience want to see, well they do not want to see him going this is a great truck, a great AMERICAN truck, no they want to hear him criticize every little thing about that truck, some of which is stupid, but the audience in britian enjoys it, trust me they have some really screwed up people there too, though what he said about the F-150's steering being very loose is true, but its a truck damnit!!

i believe a lot of people made up the thing that he sold the Ford GT because they hate the fact that he thinks it is one or the best car he has driven for its purose

if you look at when he did the Focus ST review, he said that the most reliable car he has driven was his focus