TCC Drives the Mondeo

ANTAUS

The only bad thing about a Mondeo is it depreciates like a lead balloon £23,000 down to £12,000 thats just in the first year, l don't think a Bank manager would by one.

http://whatcar.com/depreciation-index.aspx...ED3=0&ED4=0

ANY car depreciates badly....if anyone buys a vehicle for investment purposes they are crazy...just called some Volvo XC90...car PERFECT....32000 miles 2004 AWD twin turbo you name it....6000 back of WHOLESALE bluebook!...and the bank managers buy black benz's...you think Mondeos take a hit..it may be the reason evryone LEASES high end cars....

ANY car depreciates badly....if anyone buys a vehicle for investment purposes they are crazy...just called some Volvo XC90...car PERFECT....32000 miles 2004 AWD twin turbo you name it....6000 back of WHOLESALE bluebook!...and the bank managers buy black benz's...you think Mondeos take a hit..it may be the reason evryone LEASES high end cars....

A car sure as hell isn't a good investment, but having a high resale valve means lower lease payments

Mondeo's a popular fleet car. Apparently those things are big time company cars in the UK.

And that is a striking drop off in value. Compare the Taurus which is projected to have 49% MSRP after three years.

Wow just like the outgoing Taurus :hysterical: :hysterical:

Is it dumped into fleet sales too?

I believe it is along with the Focus.

That's why retail is so expensive, to make up for all the give away daily rental sales.

Edited by jpd80

I believe it is along with the Focus.

That's why retail is so expensive, to make up for all the give away daily rental sales.

it is far more complex the entire tax sstem is divised to make owning a car expnsive , so expensive that many can't afford to own one, they instead are given cars by employers to reduce te out of pocket costs.

imagine paying 2000-3000 $ per year just to own a car.

Edited by Biker16

it is far more complex the entire tax sstem is divised to make owning a car expnsive , so expensive that many can't afford to own one, they instead are given cars by employers to reduce te out of pocket costs.

imagine paying 2000-3000 $ per year just to own a car.

Depends on whether you mean 3000 pounds or 3000 dollars. At 3000 dollars that's no big deal, it's a $250.00 a month car payment in an age with the average new car payment is typically north of $400.00 Now if you mean pounds then I see what you mean.

Is the mondeo better than Fusion????????

someone answer this question.

All subjective, depends on what you consider better. Some, like me, think that from a visual and sytling point of view it is better, others do not. From a performance stand point I don't think it is better. Even if they supplant the American powertrains the performance will only be as good as the Fusion.

Depends on whether you mean 3000 pounds or 3000 dollars. At 3000 dollars that's no big deal, it's a $250.00 a month car payment in an age with the average new car payment is typically north of $400.00 Now if you mean pounds then I see what you mean.

To imagine English living conditions, cut your present take home in half and try meeting all your weeklys on that. See why they all buy 1.6 litre cars and put blocks of wood under the gas pedal?

Edited by jpd80

It's on a chassis that's about three-four years newer than CD3, it ought to have better dynamics, etc.

Question is, as it has been since this subject first came up, is "Would enough people in the U.S. pay for it?" My answer is "No." I do not believe that, overall, this is a better vehicle for the U.S. market.

Edited by RichardJensen

interior? probably

Exterior? depends who you ask

Running gear? No - no V6 no AWD, but it does have Diesel options and the snazy T5 Volvo engine

Refinement? Probably ..

Handling? AWD excluded? I do not know - No one compared them 2 yet.

Depends what you value most ... They are both great and there is REALLY NO REASON WHY WE HAVE BOTH - they should be one vehicle.

Igor

Edited by igor

Good old boxy Ford Transit sales seem to be propping up FOE at the moment, they don't seem to have the same problem as the Mondeo with depreciation, the transit is the most sought after fleet vehicle in Europe at the moment both new and used.

http://ukcarauction.info/?p=60

that is addition to paying the car payment and insurance.

Edited by Biker16

Mondeo Dimensions

Overall length (mm) 4778

Overall width (excl. Door Mirrors) 1886 (mm)

Overall height (mm) 1500

Wheelbase (mm) 2850

Headroom front/rear (mm) 996/976

Shoulder room front/rear (mm) 1448/1433

Max legroom front/rear (mm) 1134/950

Luggage compartment-vda (litres) 500

Source http://www.ford.co.uk/ie/allnewmondeo/mdo0...7_dims/-/-/3/28

Fusion Dimension

Exterior length 4,831mm (190.2")

Exterior body width 1,833mm (72.2")

Exterior height 1,452mm (57.2")

Wheelbase 2,727mm (107.4")

Front headroom 983mm (38.7")

Rear headroom 962mm (37.9")

Front shoulder room 1,457mm (57.4")

Rear shoulder room 1,435mm (56.5")

Front legroom 1,074mm (42.3")

Rear legroom 939mm (37.0")

Interior cargo volume 447L (15.8 cu.ft.)

Source http://www.ford.ca/build_price/compareMode...=N&fromBP=0

Edited by MKII

To imagine English living conditions, cut your present take home in half and try meeting all your weeklys on that. See why they all buy 1.6 litre cars and put blocks of wood under the gas pedal?

No need to imagine it jdp80, half of all the income in this country ends up in the hands of the government in one form or another. Sit down and think about it sometime. After the roughly 25 to 30T% they take from your paycheck you have to figure in state tax, gas tax, sales tax, property tax, sin tax, royalty tax and all the other various little taxes you pay here and there all the time and you quickly realize we are already taxed at about 50% of our income. This is why it just sends me into orbit to hear some liberal politican tell us we aren't paying enough and that they want to raise taxes. I'm thinking "You fucks end up with half the wealth of this nation already and that's not enough?" So no need for us to imagine how hard the British have it, we are already there and Americans just haven't yet realized it because they have done it slowly and methodically over a long coarse of time. People need to wake up and start paying attention.

PS Don't forget the Death Tax where by the government comes along and says "Oh by the way, half of all the wealth your departed loved one spent his or her entire life working incredibly hard for so that you descendents could have a better life, now belongs to the government."

Edited by BlackHorse

Why can’t it make it into the top ten best selling cars in Europe? Like the Ford Focus at No 5, and Ford Fiesta at No 8, Fords Cortina was always there; why not the Mondeo? It should be easier now, as the Mondeo does not have car companys like British Leyland to complete against it. The boxy Character Cortina has helped by killing BL Sales stone dead back in the 70's & 80's so it should be all plain sailing for the Mondeo now, why is the Mondeo such a sales flop in Europe? Why will it not make it into Europe’s top 10? Why does it have such a poor resale values compared to other cars in its class?

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

No kidding. I thought of this one time.

SO, you get your nice paycheck and see one or more of the following taxes on income:

- FICA

- state

- local/municipal)

That for most people amounts to about 30% on average, give or take. Then of the remaining 70%, depending on what you do with it, some or all of the following may apply

- sales tax (by-bye additional 6-9 %)

- luxury tax (variable)

- sin, entertainment, convenience, travel, and/or more and/or others -> as defined by the whims and demands of local authorities. On things like booze, tobacco, junk & fast food, event tickets, hotel rooms, airline tickets... need I go on

- "use" taxes (god I just love this one)

Of course even if you try to extend the middle to the feds and spend as little as possible, you still have basic necessities to meet. And those are taxed:

- food (sales at the very least; plus there are taxes on specific kinds)

- phone service taxes

- electric service taxes

- auto registrations (a tax by a different name)

- Tollway fees (come on, there aren't ever any alternate routes are there?)

- Gasoline taxes

And if you're going to save the rest, be careful to avoid the taxes on:

- capital gains, dividends

- early withdrawls

- real estate / property taxes (another BIG chunk after that 30% for most people)

And even if you're stone cold hardcore and just stuff all your money in a mattress in a cardboard shack, the wonderful estate tax sees to it that they still take theirs when all is said and done.

Hell, I'm by no means a financial wizard but those are just the ones I thought of off the top of my head...

:censored:

The mattress idea would be good, except for the issue of inflation, which essentially wipes out 1-3% of your money's worth annually.

Current taxes aren't the scary thing. The scary thing is that current overall tax rates are the lowest they've been in almost 30 years.

For an exercise in making yourself depressed, take your raw, untaxed annual salary and benefits, and subtract away your annual savings and investments, as well as the estimated untaxed cost of your consumption. It's just sad that we're letting our government rob us day in and day out with little protest, especially when you think about what they spend the money on.

No need to imagine it jdp80, half of all the income in this country ends up in the hands of the government in one form or another.

"LUXURY! - We used to dream about being taxed at 50%."

" We were so poor, that mum used to pour the old cooking fat into tank of car so dad could get to work."

At Last the 1948 Show - The Four Yorkshiremen Sketch

Edited by jpd80

The mattress idea would be good, except for the issue of inflation, which essentially wipes out 1-3% of your money's worth annually.

Current taxes aren't the scary thing. The scary thing is that current overall tax rates are the lowest they've been in almost 30 years.

For an exercise in making yourself depressed, take your raw, untaxed annual salary and benefits, and subtract away your annual savings and investments, as well as the estimated untaxed cost of your consumption. It's just sad that we're letting our government rob us day in and day out with little protest, especially when you think about what they spend the money on.

I couldn't agree with you more wescoent. It's an outright crime. Sooner or later Americans have to stand up and tell their government that enough is enough and we want a good bit of this tax burden rolled back. We revolted against the English crown because of a 12% tax rate. Now our own government is 5 times the slave master england ever thought about being. This must stop!!!!!