2008 Fusion

BlackHorse

Unless I am mistaken the 2008 Fusions should be arriving at dealer lots in about 2 to 3 months. However as yet I have been unable to locate any photos or find any information about them. I am particularly interested to find out if they have done anything with the stereo, and now that they are apparently releasing a sport version I'd really like to see that as well. Perhaps I just don't know where to look on the internet. Has anyone seen anything? Information about the Hybrid would be welcome as well.

Unless I am mistaken the 2008 Fusions should be arriving at dealer lots in about 2 to 3 months. However as yet I have been unable to locate any photos or find any information about them. I am particularly interested to find out if they have done anything with the stereo, and now that they are apparently releasing a sport version I'd really like to see that as well. Perhaps I just don't know where to look on the internet. Has anyone seen anything? Information about the Hybrid would be welcome as well.

Sport Appearance Package (14T)

Availability:

— Optional on SE and SEL (FWD only)

— Available only w/the following exterior colors:

Black, Silver Birch or Red Fire

— Available only w/Charcoal Black interior (DW)

— Available w/optional unique leather seats (incl. red

stitching and red seat inserts) (KW)

— NA w/optional rear spoiler

Includes:

— Smoked black chrome grille w/color-keyed fog

lamp bezels

— 18" aluminum wheels and tires w/black painted

pockets

— Sport-tuned suspension

— Unique decklid "lip" spoiler

— Red cloth accents on seats, door trim and red

stitching on seats, steering wheel and center

console

— Optional leather seats with red leather seat inserts

and red stitching on seats, steering wheel and

center console

— Unique brushed-aluminum radio surround

— Chrome exhaust tip on V6 SE

http://www.fordfusionforum.com/downloads/fusion08order.pdf

^^^ Ah yes, SVT, Ford's long-extinct performance division. Unknown to many and forgotten by many more, SVT was a grand performance scheme commensurate with Mercedes' Aufrecht Melcher Großaspach and BMW' s Motorsport divisions. Sadly, Ford is turning from substance to style. This Fusion appearance package is little more than an automotive cod piece.

^^^ Ah yes, SVT, Ford's long-extinct performance division. Unknown to many and forgotten by many more, SVT was a grand performance scheme commensurate with Mercedes' Aufrecht Melcher Großaspach and BMW' s Motorsport divisions. Sadly, Ford is turning from substance to style. This Fusion appearance package is little more than an automotive cod piece.

yes...sadly Ford is finally building cars that the majority of the population will have interest in....

^^^ There's no reason Ford can't build cars the majority of people want to drive (though I don't think you can out Camry the Camry) and build brand equity, recognition and loyality through performance versions of mainstream models.

Big fucking deal...SVT wasn't all that, the best models they had where the Cobra and Lightning and the only reason the Mustang Cobra name was used was that Ford's trade mark was about to expire. The Lighting existed a year or two before getting called the SVT Lightning.

The two other products they did, the Contour and Focus where lauded by publications, but sold for shit...and keep in mind that Ford is in the business to make money (or at least try as it seems lately), not make cars that are magazine queens that sit on dealership floors.

Its nothing but another name plate that will follow SVO into oblivion...

^^^ To me, Substance > Style, everytime. SVT represented a genuine step up in both driving dynamics and performance as well as style over lesser models. Regarding the Contour and Focus, both of which I think are fantastic cars because of their awesome driving dynamics, they were 'compramised' designs. The Contour (SVT included) never sold well because it had no back seat room, quality issues and was overpriced, the SVT Focus lagged behind the competition because it lacked oomph. Compare the SVTF to the SRT-4. Look at how well the SRT-4 sold, and it's just a shit-shaker Neon. Why did it sell so well? IMO, power, and the ability to cheaply make oodles more power via Mopar performance upgrade kits.

I don't think Ford has the resources right now to out rice the Japanese. Until they recover and actually make a profit, it is a better idea for Ford to keep improving the lineup and limit SVT to a couple of models. When its got some breathing room, then we'll talk SVT.

^^^ To me, Substance > Style, everytime. SVT represented a genuine step up in both driving dynamics and performance as well as style over lesser models. Regarding the Contour and Focus, both of which I think are fantastic cars because of their awesome driving dynamics, they were 'compramised' designs. The Contour (SVT included) never sold well because it had no back seat room, quality issues and was overpriced, the SVT Focus lagged behind the competition because it lacked oomph. Compare the SVTF to the SRT-4. Look at how well the SRT-4 sold, and it's just a shit-shaker Neon. Why did it sell so well? IMO, power, and the ability to cheaply make oodles more power via Mopar performance upgrade kits.

Mehhhh......I don't like it. Depending on the suspension upgrade, I really don't see how this could be an 'all show and no go' package. Handling characterestics are just as important as performance.

What I would like to see Ford do is add a friggin power seat back/lumbar, a better ebrake cover, auto up/down windows and rear seat vents.

And I'm sorry, but Ford is in no position to piss away millions in development money to sell a low volume non-profit vehicle.

Edited by Michael Reynolds

Love the new wheels.

EDIT: Is that a V6 Fusion? I don't remember the I4 Fusion having dual exhaust pipes..

the package is available with both engines .. the pictures show the V6 model .. but you can also get it with the I4 and also with I4 Manual.

Igor