Iraq

Iraq War Opposition At Record High

Opposition to the war in Iraq has reached an all-time high, according to the CNN/Opinion Research Corporation Poll released Thursday morning.

Support for the war in Iraq has dropped to 31 percent and the 68 percent who oppose the war is a new record.

Despite the drop in violence in Iraq, only one quarter of Americans believes the U.S. is winning the war. There has been virtually no change in the past month in the number of Americans who believe that things are going badly for the U.S. in the war in Iraq.

The public also opposes U.S. military action against Iran. Sixty-three percent oppose air strikes on Iran, while 73 percent oppose using ground troops as well as air strikes in that country.

Overall, 56 percent, of Americans are dissatisfied with progress in the war on terrorism.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one person's opinion.

Another one for you.

The Obedience Culture

First Lt. Ehren Watada, the first commissioned officer to refuse deployment to Iraq, won what his backers are calling a "huge victory" in court Thursday.

I'm surprised that Watada's supporters are surprised that the military still wants to make an example of him. If Watada's resistance to an illegal and criminal war were successful...why, it might give people ideas, including those in the military. So the military continues its efforts to destroy him. In varying degrees, this is always how those in authority treat dissenters and those who challenge their asserted right to rule and to command obedience. It is especially true in the military.

Lock him up for while.

Answer me this.

If you sign an agreement to pay x amount per month on a purchase and then say Phuck it what would happen?

What happens when a guys decides he no longer wants to be married because his wife has changed or vice versa?

If you signed on the dotted line and do not want to go then jail time is what you deserve.

A Democratic report! What it does not say is "those who pay taxes"!

I made the mistake of going into a local supermarket on the first of the month (10am). After witnessing cart load upon cart load of groceries being paid for with my tax money and then "dog" food, "beer" and "cigarettes" paid for with cash do you honestly think I give a rats ass about what the people who allow and promote this use of my money think about what the other guy does with my taxes! They both suck but I'd rather give my tax money to our brave men and women in the armed forces than a bunch of lazy ignorant phucks here.

Edited by unionj

A Democratic report! What it does not say is "those who pay taxes"!

I made the mistake of going into a local supermarket on the first of the month (10am). After witnessing cart load upon cart load of groceries being paid for with my tax money and then "dog" food, "beer" and "cigarettes" paid for with cash do you honestly think I give a rats ass about what the people who allow and promote this use of my money think about what the other guy does with my taxes! They both suck but I'd rather give my tax money to our brave men and women in the armed forces than a bunch of lazy ignorant phucks here.

I'd rather we just kept the money, no free money and no wars. As far as taxes, you aren't paying a fucking dime for the war. It's all going on the National tab. Money for the soldiers, are you kidding? The only one's making money is the defense contractors, oil exporters and oil companies.

I'd rather we just kept the money, no free money and no wars. As far as taxes, you aren't paying a fucking dime for the war. It's all going on the National tab. Money for the soldiers, are you kidding? The only one's making money is the defense contractors, oil exporters and oil companies.

Funny! Not sure where you live but I know quite a few people earning tax free income, hazardous duty pay, sea pay, combat pay etc etc etc.

Funny! Not sure where you live but I know quite a few people earning tax free income, hazardous duty pay, sea pay, combat pay etc etc etc.

You're a big supporter of the war right? Why aren't you there now? The time for yellow ribbons has passed, they need live bodies over there for enlistment is down. If they are making money then, that can't be a factor right? Is it age? They have over 45,000 private contractors over there, of all ages. They can find room for you. I mean what's up, apparently, you and nap are ardent supporters and hey, that's great, and if that's the case, they don't need ribbons, they need you!!

You're a big supporter of the war right? Why aren't you there now? The time for yellow ribbons has passed, they need live bodies over there for enlistment is down. If they are making money then, that can't be a factor right? Is it age? They have over 45,000 private contractors over there, of all ages. They can find room for you. I mean what's up, apparently, you and nap are ardent supporters and hey, that's great, and if that's the case, they don't need ribbons, they need you!!

Once again I repeat "I did my time", you?. Perhaps this will help you see others perspective. How about you pay more in taxes and donate more of your income to fund all the social programs you like? not going to are you!

Blackwater is 20 miles from my house, the world's largest Naval Base 20 miles the other way plus the master jet base for the Navy, The Amphibious Base, Langley Air Force Base, The Coast Gaurd Base and many smaller commands scattered throughout the area plus at least 6 major east coast shipyards which all employ locals and all are funded by DOD contracts.

The thing you seem to harp on is who is making the $$$, well in this area 70% or more of all income is DOD related in one way or another.

Edited by unionj

Here's proof that you evil neocons DON"T "support the troops": http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/11/12/c...marine-jobless/

Yes---Lance corporal James Miller, the "Marlboro Man" in the picture, is divorced, jobless, and has attempted suicide; he suffers from PTSD. Pitiful.

Also, here's another American disgrace: http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...D=2007711120403

In Indianapolis: by some estimates, about 10% of the nightly homeless population (avg. 3000 homeless/day) are veterans.

Shame on all you chickenhawks.

SaddamHanging.gif [b]By his own people![/b]

People seem to forget that this world is definitely better off without Saddam. Who knows what would have happened by now if he was allowed to stay in power!

But you assholes on the left sure seem to forget how many people he murdered and tortured over his reign. And guess what... You left-wing scumbags want to keep saying traitorous and seditious statements?

Wow, looks like the evil neocons plans aren't going as planned: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...ernational/home

Turkey is now attacking Iraq.

So the following chickenshit chickenhawks will report for duty immediately to Dave Petraeus in Iraq (especially you non-Ford-emplyees):

naplast

nonunionj

bored of pussy

cal0

etc.......................

Nice try using that tired ol' "non-employee" excuse!

You still never answer the questions that were asked on where do you get your links from? Or the one I just asked!

WHO'S THE CHICKENSHIT NOW?

By the way folks... We know why poopmaster and others of his ilk don't like Fox news... TOO MANY HOT CHICKS ON THERE!

They'd rather watch "Queer Eye..." on the Bravo network instead!

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

"Pump, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You pumpsister? You femcap? The US Military has a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the terrorist, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what they know. That terrorists’ death, while tragic, saves lives. And their existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at the plant, you want the military on that wall, and you need them on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that the US Military provides and then questions the manner in which they provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post.

"Pump, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You pumpsister? You femcap? The US Military has a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the terrorist, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what they know. That terrorists’ death, while tragic, saves lives. And their existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at the plant, you want the military on that wall, and you need them on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that the US Military provides and then questions the manner in which they provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post.

:rant: :rant: :rant:

The title of this story should be "letting the troops down": http://blog.wired.com/defense/2007/11/kennedy-cleland.html

All of you evil BushCo. chickenhawks are responsible for the shameful treatment of our vets when they return home.

All our fault no one else blah blah blah as you say. Yet you cannot fathom or accept that perhaps the DOD was so under financed and cut back for an 8 year period that it could have had no possible relation to the present day lack of facilities and or material.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

This guy (?) is an atheist, so has no value system..I can only imagine what his family life is like.....he really could not care less about the brave young men and women fighting in Iraq....he just tries to use them to incite emotions from people who do care.....he's alawys calling someone a chicken hawk...when in actuality that what he is.....he's afraid that if the war continues they may start the draft again and his yellow ass would have to go...that's why he's a;ways telling everyone that supports the war that they need to go....

This guy (?) is an atheist, so has no value system..I can only imagine what his family life is like.....he really could not care less about the brave young men and women fighting in Iraq....he just tries to use them to incite emotions from people who do care.....he's alawys calling someone a chicken hawk...when in actuality that what he is.....he's afraid that if the war continues they may start the draft again and his yellow ass would have to go...that's why he's a;ways telling everyone that supports the war that they need to go....

This is part of the insanity of the neocon mindset: neocons have no comprehension of human suffering, and they're immune to facts.

Once again I repeat "I did my time", you?. Perhaps this will help you see others perspective. How about you pay more in taxes and donate more of your income to fund all the social programs you like? not going to are you!

Blackwater is 20 miles from my house, the world's largest Naval Base 20 miles the other way plus the master jet base for the Navy, The Amphibious Base, Langley Air Force Base, The Coast Gaurd Base and many smaller commands scattered throughout the area plus at least 6 major east coast shipyards which all employ locals and all are funded by DOD contracts.

The thing you seem to harp on is who is making the $$$, well in this area 70% or more of all income is DOD related in one way or another.

I served three years in the 3ACR when they were Texas.

Making allot of money are we? Ah, that explains allot, another war profiteer. It's no wonder you don't want it to end.

I was thinking lower than whale shit but even that has some benefit to the environment.

The bravery you folks seem to display is impressive. Moreover, you support the war yet you wont fight in it. It's no wonder they made the (support the war effort) ribbons Yellow!