2008 Crown Victoria gets new Ford corporate look

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if this grille will retrofit the '05 like the honeycomb CVPI grille swap. If I like it in person, I wouldn't mind updating the look of mine some.

I am wondering the same thing, a few of the guys on CVN are trying to get a part number for the new grill, if they find out what it is, I will let you know. It sure looks to me like its the same old honeycomb style grill surround, just a new center section.

post-19198-1122587354_thumb.jpg

Edited by 03cvlx

The Crown Victoria and Grand Marquis excellent driving vehicle. They are not designed for the youth. Not way can the so called brains at Ford Motor Company take the chassic along with the power train and give it a 2010 design and look that can compete in this global market place. As a sales rep at Freedom Ford, I can tell you we need better looking vehicle to sale. Ford seems to have the technology, but its placing it in the wrong places. Just ask Mark Fields who seems to have his head so far up his ass :happy feet: . We need unique designs, not 500's called Taurus. The Taurus should had been designed and introduced as the lastest and greatest not as a want to be Ford 500

Sincerely,

Lou Rosario

Freedom Ford

Norfolk, VA

CrownVic600.jpg

But why?

The Crown Victoria and Grand Marquis excellent driving vehicle. They are not designed for the youth. Not way can the so called brains at Ford Motor Company take the chassic along with the power train and give it a 2010 design and look that can compete in this global market place. As a sales rep at Freedom Ford, I can tell you we need better looking vehicle to sale. Ford seems to have the technology, but its placing it in the wrong places. Just ask Mark Fields who seems to have his head so far up his ass :happy feet: . We need unique designs, not 500's called Taurus. The Taurus should had been designed and introduced as the lastest and greatest not as a want to be Ford 500

Sincerely,

Lou Rosario

Freedom Ford

Norfolk, VA

Freedomlou,

While I do agree with small parts of your post. I would not say they are not designed for youth, there are plenty of young people on crownvic.net sure they buy the cars used but they still buy them and WANTED to buy them. I bought my 2003 Crown Victoria at age 25, Yes it was used, but thats not what I wanted. I had a black 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate with the HPP package picked out and contract signed unfortunately I was so buried in my previous vehicle I couldn't afford the payments. I am a big guy, 6'3" and I like a big car.

There are two major reasons why the Crown Vic/Grand Marquis went stale.

1st. Zero advertising by Ford Motor company, which translates into no sales therefore no redesign. They were much to concerned with buying Volvo,Land Rover,Aston Martin and Jaguar to care about the Panthers

2nd. All of the Ford dealerships who would only order the Crown Vics that Ford forced on them and then buried them in the back corner of their lots behind 8 rows of F150's and Explorers. A little advertising can make or break a vehicle.

All in all, Yes a major redesign would breathe a lot of life into this somewhat outdated chassis , but had all of Ford, Including the dealers themselves not forgotten about the cars things may be different.

Edited by 03cvlx

Freedomlou,

While I do agree with small parts of your post. I would not say they are not designed for youth, there are plenty of young people on crownvic.net sure they buy the cars used but they still buy them and WANTED to buy them. I bought my 2003 Crown Victoria at age 25, Yes it was used, but thats not what I wanted. I had a black 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate with the HPP package picked out and contract signed unfortunately I was so buried in my previous vehicle I couldn't afford the payments. I am a big guy, 6'3" and I like a big car.

There are two major reasons why the Crown Vic/Grand Marquis went stale.

1st. Zero advertising by Ford Motor company, which translates into no sales therefore no redesign. They were much to concerned with buying Volvo,Land Rover,Aston Martin and Jaguar to care about the Panthers

2nd. All of the Ford dealerships who would only order the Crown Vics that Ford forced on them and then buried them in the back corner of their lots behind 8 rows of F150's and Explorers. A little advertising can make or break a vehicle.

All in all, Yes a major redesign would breathe a lot of life into this somewhat outdated chassis , but had all of Ford, Including the dealers themselves not forgotten about the cars things may be different.

That is sooooooooooooo right.Up until 05 the Grand Marquis was advertised on T.V and in newspapers all over South Florida saying it was the number 1 selling car in South Florida 18 years in a row.They were everywhere.They are still everywhere in Broward,Palm Beach and Miami Dade County but the advertising has stopped.My family has 3 Panthers and there are another 4 in my condo complex alone.If they never stopped advertising they would still be the number 1 car of South Florida.South Florida loves Panthers.

Why update or upgrade the Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, or Town Car, when it is bringing in a billion dollars profit, per year.

Let’s use the fomoco records for sales thru Aug 07.

C/V: 42,668

G/M: 35,533

T/C: 24,969

Total panther sales thru 08/07 = 103170.

I once saw a letter on this site, as I recall, where ford said its profit margin on the panthers was between $10,000 to $14,000 per vehicle. That letter was written in 04, as I recall.

So, if we project the next 4 months sales, as the same for calendar year 07, Ford will sell about 154,755 panthers.

At $10,000 profit they will net $1,547,550,000 profit, round figure $1.5 Billion.

At $12,000 profit, they will net $1.9 Billion, and at $14,000, the net will be $2.2 Billion.

What is interesting to see is how Ford will discount the G/M to sell at $15,990, but keeps the price on the C/V high.

When I bought my 2000 Crown Victoria, the dealer had 4 to choose from, we bought the car for $21,990, and before I went car shopping, I researched our computer at work to see how much we paid for 2000 ford C/V.

We bought the 2000 P71's with sales tax included for $22,500.

Anyways, since Ford will not release its real records to the world to see where it makes money and where it loses, it is hard to see which ford vehicles is making a profit, and which are the cash drainers.

All the money they poured into the 500/Taurus, they are still trying to recover their investment. Once it breaks even, then they can begin making a profit.

The bottom line is that Ford will only run one shift at STAP, and is willing to pay overtime to employees to produce the cars. Now that the T/C is assembled there, they will stay busy!

By limiting the C/V to fleet only, ford will decrease the demand for the car by retail consumers, thereby reducing the load on STAP.

Now for the interesting part, why does this car (C/V) show up in the Gulf Coast area, as a special edition! By Gulf Coast, I mean the Middle East! We see a new grill, which when you review the forum from STAP members, they did not put this grille on it!

So, who is marketing the new 08 C/V Special Edition, Gulf Coast?

If Ford makes the stupid move to kill the panther, they will be out of business in five years.

Now for the interesting part, why does this car (C/V) show up in the Gulf Coast area, as a special edition! By Gulf Coast, I mean the Middle East! We see a new grill, which when you review the forum from STAP members, they did not put this grille on it!

If STAP didn't put the grille on then it is obvious that there is a setup off the assembly line to put these grilles on just like the imported cars come to the States and have certain accessories installed at the port. Someone thought that it was worth it to update some trim to give the CV some new retail appeal in the market it is still selling retail.

Just for fun, I went to the Ford Kuwait website and lo and behold, this "blurb" about rear drive and BoF....but...no three bar grille. Must be a "local" package.

"A ride in a Crown Victoria is its own reward, whether you're piloting its big power or simply relaxing in the back of its cabin. The big sedan's famous smooth and balanced ride, as well as its even feel for the road, owes much to the rear-wheel drive chassis and solid body-on-frame construction. "

Just for fun, I went to the Ford Kuwait website and lo and behold, this "blurb" about rear drive and BoF....but...no three bar grille. Must be a "local" package.

"A ride in a Crown Victoria is its own reward, whether you're piloting its big power or simply relaxing in the back of its cabin. The big sedan's famous smooth and balanced ride, as well as its even feel for the road, owes much to the rear-wheel drive chassis and solid body-on-frame construction. "

When was the last time anybody saw that on a Ford or Mercury Panther commercial on this side of the pond? Or a commercial period for that matter....

• 2 weeks later...

I second that! :hysterical::hysterical:

051K2P.jpg

On the subject of front ends and re-design... Can't Ford just go back to the good ol' days?

1978 Ford LTD! If I find another one... I'll buy it! Even in this color! They ride just as good if not better than the new ones! Not knocking the new Panthers but I like the old school look and if just that we can nudge them into redesigning the Panthers back to this style... THEN THEY'LL SELL MORE OF THEM!

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

051K2P.jpg

On the subject of front ends and re-design... Can't Ford just go back to the good ol' days?

1978 Ford LTD! If I find another one... I'll buy it! Even in this color! They ride just as good if not better than the new ones! Not knocking the new Panthers but I like the old school look and if just that we can nudge them into redesigning the Panthers back to this style... THEN THEY'LL SELL MORE OF THEM!

Ah yes. The good ole days of chromium plated railroad ties.

Ah yes. The good ole days of chromium plated railroad ties.

Why do I always hear years ago cars weren't as good as today.I had one of those Fords and it was a great car.I went cross country in it in the summer of 82. The car had 85k miles on it when I left and 95k when I got back.All I did was change the oil a couple of times on my trip.The A/C pumped nice and cold the entire trip and the car was nice and confortable.

I traded it in for a 88 Crown Vic back then and when I did the 78 LTD had about 150k miles on it and it was still running great.

Why do I always hear years ago cars weren't as good as today.I had one of those Fords and it was a great car.I went cross country in it in the summer of 82. The car had 85k miles on it when I left and 95k when I got back.All I did was change the oil a couple of times on my trip.The A/C pumped nice and cold the entire trip and the car was nice and confortable.

I traded it in for a 88 Crown Vic back then and when I did the 78 LTD had about 150k miles on it and it was still running great.

Why do I always hear how much better cars used to be? Why can't people admit that cars today are better in many many ways.

051K2P.jpg

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

post-19737-1125092329.jpg

post-19737-1125092340.jpg

051K2P.jpg

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Why do I always hear how much better cars used to be? Why can't people admit that cars today are better in many many ways.

In some ways yes... But in terms of OVERALL COST to repair them... Sorry... It's cheaper to maintain an older vehicle compared to a new one. Because of the COST of LABOR, PARTS, TIME, ETC...

These new cars... YOU CAN'T EVEN WORK ON THEM YOURSELF ANYMORE! And why is it?