08 Navigator - Monochromatic package

igor

Of course, with the 'Slade handily outselling the Navigator more people must see more Escalades than Navigators at any given point in time.

The Escalade has more power, but it also costs considerably more than the Navigator. Whether this is an issue when you are talking about people that probably couldn't tell you what a gallon of milk costs (or a box of cereal), I don't know--but it is true...

IMO the relationship between these two vehicles is pretty much ossified by now. I don't see their customer base expanding, and I don't think there's that much difference between your typical Navigator customer and your typical Escalade customer. The Navigator will, as long as both vehicles are around, be second fiddle to the Escalade when sales are tallied into the indefinite future, the way I see it.

Pretty much agreed, aside from the point about comparable customers. Their base market is pretty much the same, being the wealthy suburban family who want something nicer than a Tahoe or Expedition to haul their family and/or tow their boat. You can include the H2 in this market as well. However, they also do sell to the "bling-bling" crowd, be it rapper wannabes, club-hopping urban folk, small business owners in the entertainment industry, and such. In this market, the Escalade and H2 dominates, although I'm sure the Navigator still sells a few.

Ultimately, I see the Navigator selling to a somewhat more "respectable" crowd, if that makes any sense. It has a lot of chrome jewelry, but rarely do you see Navigators tricked out with 24"+ rims, neon underglow, aftermarket overchromed grills, and absurd graphics on the side.

I've heard that Cadillac has considered moving the Escalade even further upmarket to compete with the Range Rover, which I suppose would theoretically give the Denali some breathing room, and make way for a hypothetical Cadillac Lambda. If this were the case, Escalade sales would plummet, and the Navigator could recover the crown, but I doubt GM is that stupid.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, I don't usually venture much below 1% myself. Skim is just colored water in my eyes. Milk around here is around $4.00 a gallon, but, we have gov't price controls that set a FLOOR for the prices for milk sold in the state. Apparently, they want to save the dairy industry in the state and so they artificially elevate the price around here. For years, milk has been at least a dollar a gallon more expensive around here than most places. Looks like the country's finally catching up. Just in time for the legislature here to jack it up again.

And they wonder why people with families and actual earned income are leaving the state.

For years now, we have heard how Caddy is supposedly going upmarket. Looking at their portfolio, I fail to see any vehicle other than the hardly selling SLR that is anywhere near the upper luxury class. As it is, hardly any of their products can be seen as revolutionary to be compared to a MBenz or BMW for that matter. Their "flagship" DTS is compared to the TownCar in archaicness with 10 year ago power level and transmission. The STS doesn't set any precedence to anything European for that matter, and probably the CTS is it's somewhat saving grace, but only the slow selling "V-series performance could compare with anything in the upper crowd. As for the Escalade, a huge pricetag doesn't command respect to be called an upper luxury vehicle, with an OHV engine at that...

I'm sure GM is spending billions on this, but if you look at it, what really has been gained in the past 5 years?

Now they are trying to push Chinese designed Buicks to fullfill the "supposed" void that Caddy has left. In other words, the blue haired crowd which at this point has probably already died off already.

Skim Milk? I agree, it's like non-alcoholic beer....or eggs without the yolks :huh:

Wouldn't "light beer" be a better analogy, since skim milk still has all the vitamins, but less fat? :redcard:

no Light beer compares to 2% and 1% .. skim milk is white water ...YOU CAN SEE THROUGH IT .... blech ...

it is an insult to real Milk to call Skim Milk a milk .. just like calling a non-alcoholic beer a beer is an insult to real beer.

Igor

LOL true...Probably another outsourced product. Ironically being in FL, 99% of our orange products are shipped out to other places. The orange juice WE buy and drink here, comes from CA...Go figure.

I make my own though, I have 3 orange trees, 1 lime tree...See the cost of them limes lately, yikes.

Thats odd because the oranges we buy in CA arent grown here either.......

"Thats odd because the oranges we buy in CA arent grown here either......."

So where do you get yours from? But we do have your oranges here ;)

"Wouldn't "light beer" be a better analogy, since skim milk still has all the vitamins, but less fat?"

I'm not sure, I don't even drink alcohol. But if you want a better analogy, I think it would compare better with semen. Sometimes you shoot the transparent stuff, then you have the really globby thick white stuff...ya know the latter is gonna get someone pregnant.... :hysterical:

I'm not sure, I don't even drink alcohol. But if you want a better analogy, I think it would compare better with semen. Sometimes you shoot the transparent stuff, then you have the really globby thick white stuff...ya know the latter is gonna get someone pregnant.... :hysterical:

So you can get pregnant drinking whole millk? :huh:

BTW....Waaaay too much information!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Thats odd because the oranges we buy in CA arent grown here either......."

So where do you get yours from? But we do have your oranges here ;)

I dunno, Im guessing Mexico. Im pretty sure both Floridas and Californias "best" Citrus gets shipped overseas.

• 2 weeks later...
doesn't look bad IMO

I saw a black Navigator today that had a black lower AND upper grille, the only chrome on the front end was the Lincoln star (and headlights). I didn't think of looking at the side for the chrome on the lower part of the doors. The only thing I remember was seeing JUST the star being chrome.

It didn't look that bad.

• 2 weeks later...
Why didnt they black out the entire nose?

I actually kind of dig it, the ass is still horrid though

I've seen a Navigator on the roads here near me that looked like that. It was black and the only chrome on the front end was the Lincoln emblem and the headlights/foglights. It looked good.

Edited by rmc523

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...