Ford Motor Company July 2007 Sales Figures

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO WAY...I don't believe it..where is the link

their report says 03.7%, but without a table you do not know how that was manipulated.

http://www.toyota.com/about/news/corporate...01-1-sales.html

oh and Toyota outsold FoMoCo in July - and Toyota brand outsold Ford brand.

EDIT: David Johnson beat me to it . Ford's numbers are unadjusted.

Igor

Edited by igor

I was over looking at GM's sales table and it does look like the Edge is more successful then the Acadia. I thought GM CUV's were suppose to be so superior because of the 3rd row, but it seems they can't match the Edge numbers. Maybe that is because they have more rebadges.

Why in the hell is the TrailBlazer up over last year and outsold the Explorer??? Give me a break. The TrailBlazer is going to be cut soon and does not even offer a 3rd row anymore. It has never been changed since 2002. I don't get that at all. Explorer is a WAY better vehicle.

From CNN money. (God I hate quoting CNN, but hell Fox won't post this stuff)

Ford, Chrysler sales plunge

Imports set to overtake U.S. brands for first time as Ford and Chrysler both post large drops in July sales; Toyota sales also fall.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/08/01/news/compa...dex.htm?cnn=yes

Maybe people are starting to wake up.

PS, the next time one of you clowns around here tells me that mpg and fuel efficiency isn't that big a deal or low on the list of priorities when people shop for a new car I want you to come back here and read the following.

Rising gasoline prices have hurt sales of the U.S. brands, which have lost share to Asian rivals such as Toyota and Honda Motor.
Edited by BlackHorse

Why in the hell is the TrailBlazer up over last year and outsold the Explorer??? Give me a break. The TrailBlazer is going to be cut soon and does not even offer a 3rd row anymore. It has never been changed since 2002. I don't get that at all. Explorer is a WAY better vehicle.

I'm rather curious about that myself. The Trailblazer is taking a huge lead over the Explorer for the year.

Just as an FYI

Automaker July 2007 June 2007 July 2006

Chrysler Group $4,082 $3,830 $2,623

Ford $2,984 $3,109 $3,888

General Motors $3,130 $2,834 $4,502

Honda $1,146 $1,324 $896

Nissan $2,290 $2,137 $2,618

Toyota $1,492 $1,395 $1,009

Doesn't make up for the loss, but still it is nice to see that Ford is dumping fleet sales and following suit with incentives. It would be nice to see the game go from GM, Ford and Chrysler all the time to Chrysler GM and Nissan

Just as an FYI

Honda $1,146 $1,324 $896

Doesn't make up for the loss, but still it is nice to see that Ford is dumping fleet sales and following suit with incentives. It would be nice to see the game go from GM, Ford and Chrysler all the time to Chrysler GM and Nissan

so arranged highest to lowest:

Honda $1,146 $1,324 $896

Too bad Europeans are not on this table - apparently they spent as much and more than the Big 3 in the past month.

igor

Toyota sales dropped in April too.

What this means, is Toyota is going to pour on the incentives this month and next, to avoid having consecutive year over year sales drops. They are going to pull ahead their own sales and--essentially--buy share from GM and Ford.

The U.S. car market is softening visibly. GM's abandonment of their incentive discipline (assuming that for all their inaccuracy, Edmunds' numbers are at least comparable in their inaccuracy, year over year), coupled with nearly a 50% increase in incentive spending by Toyota......

We are in for a rugged, rugged fall. Again.

"The U.S. car market is softening visibly."

Yes, almost any car built today should last 200k miles (granted, with some repairs). But repairing a car is far cheaper than buying a new one. I can only use myself as an example; I have a good professional job with a major US Corporation (software). I have a small family, and we have owned our house (mortgage) for 10 years. We have not taken any equity out of our home, and have no credit card debt. I have a '98 Explorer and a '97 F-150. I simply cannot afford $30k+ for a new car. That is the reason sales are down all over. People are realizing that cars are way too expensive, and only those who can truly afford them are buying.

Edited by Kev-Mo

SALES POSTED:

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=26453

Not a very pretty picture, but GM is predicted to show 30-40% decline, and everyone else is to show decline as well .. we shall see.

and my predictions were WAY off .. this month was ridiculously slow .. I just hope this was not Ford specific issue though (like GM's June Sales) ...

Quote from Fields:

Igor

Wow, at least you can see a drastic improvement from the Taurus over the 500, about 1,700 units better. I knew it would perform better!

"The U.S. car market is softening visibly."

Yes, almost any car built today should last 200k miles (granted, with some repairs). But repairing a car is far cheaper than buying a new one. I can only use myself as an example; I have a good professional job with a major US Corporation (software). I have a small family, and we have owned our house (mortgage) for 10 years. We have not taken any equity out of our home, and have no credit card debt. I have a '98 Explorer and a '97 F-150. I simply cannot afford $30k+ for a new car. That is the reason sales are down all over. People are realizing that cars are way too expensive, and only those whe can truly afford them are buying.

correct - the US auto market has been riding on a bubble .. under-priced everything and cheap loans made cars accessible, so people bought them even if they did not need to - but they could, so they did.. .not they need to tighten their belts , and all of sudden a 3 - 4 year old Camry or Explorer does not look that bad anymore .. the bubble just burst.. I Would expect that we will see first year of decline of overall sales this year, and the market will shrink by 5-10% before it stabilizes again. Unfortunately, Uthe Big 3 will bear the most of the grunt .. even in the retail market.

Igor

The number look bad for sure, but I do not think that is as bad a some here seem to think. The general auto industry does seem to be down 5-10% depending on who you ask. Ford is still comparing year over year numbers to a time when Ford was still dumping cars to fleets. Yes, the retail sales are down, but they are inline with the rest of the market...

The numbers of the Escape/Mariner are great considering how out of date the drive line is. It does go to show that in reality most people do not care or are unaware about what moves the car down the road...

P.S. I never though my post would be more positive that Richards..... ;)

Expedition is the success story of the year. Even though fuel prices are higher it continues with double digit increases. Are the people buying these rich enough not to be effected by fuel prices or is it because Ford got this vehicle so right? I'm curious why it is bucking the trend.

I believe it is combination of

1) the customers NEED the towing/space

2) the truck is used as a 2nd/3rd vehicle so mileage is not a concern

3) there are no higher mileage alternatives with the same capability

3) Ford did it right and

4) yeah the family buying this has the money to fund it.

(GM full size SUV's are also up or flat . .. so it is not Ford bucking the trend .. the whole SEGMENT is bucking the trend)

Igor

correct - the US auto market has been riding on a bubble .. under-priced everything and cheap loans made cars accessible, so people bought them even if they did not need to - but they could, so they did.. .not they need to tighten their belts , and all of sudden a 3 - 4 year old Camry or Explorer does not look that bad anymore .. the bubble just burst.. I Would expect that we will see first year of decline of overall sales this year, and the market will shrink by 5-10% before it stabilizes again. Unfortunately, Uthe Big 3 will bear the most of the grunt .. even in the retail market.

Igor

But does everyone need a $30,000 vehicle? Is the Explorer really the basic family vehicle?

From what I've seen, small families could easily live with a Fusion (sticker price between $22-24,000, and we all know that no one pays sticker) or the new Taurus (I've seen them for well under $30,000, and that's not for a stripped model).