09 Fusion and Fusion Hybried spied

igor

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hybrid mule has the same headlights, but the headlights look different for the 09 Fusion: http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/2009FordFusionSpy/2375596

I hope anyway...I don't like the current design.

http://jalopnik.com/cars/spy-photos/2009-f...mule-289165.php

The 09 Mule is interesting - it has the new grille, and probably bumper, but old headlights and hood ... I guess Ford just defined new minimalism in the term "cooling mule"

Igor

http://jalopnik.com/cars/spy-photos/2009-f...mule-289165.php

The 09 Mule is interesting - it has the new grille, and probably bumper, but old headlights and hood ... I guess Ford just defined new minimalism in the term "cooling mule"

Igor

Do we know if the 09 will even have new headlights? Either way, if the grille is close to the rendering we saw a while back, I like it.

Do we know if the 09 will even have new headlights? Either way, if the grille is close to the rendering we saw a while back, I like it.

Let's remember these renderings:

09fusion.jpg

Let's just say that only a couple hours after the Autocosmos photos became widely circulated in the US internet they were taken down - let's guess why .. they were true and Ford made them take it down.

I also have it from an inside source that the Autocosmos pictures were right on the mark with the 09 Fusion.

Igor

so it's exactlty the same as the current car, but with a SD grill??

Ouch..

huh?

SD grille?

and you consistently over-explain test mules

black Flex bumpers

08 Focus just a nose job and whatnot ...

yeah Ford will change the grille and leave the hood and headlights misfitting - you know - they ran out of money half way through the redesign. Also inside, they just took the Escape center stack, cut out the current one and super-glued the new one .. it looks like sh!t, but that is all they had money for .

Igor

The Hybrid mule has the same headlights, but the headlights look different for the 09 Fusion: http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/2009FordFusionSpy/2375596

I hope anyway...I don't like the current design.

The headlight in your link are of the current design, and they are one of the features I liked when I bought mine! If they would like to improve them replace the bulb with HID projection lights!

It's hard to tell for certain, but I want to say the foglight area looks different as well, keeping in line with those renderings that are shown above. The three-bar grill resembles those renderings too. But is it just me, or do the bars look like they are spaced too far apart?

This thing better end up with all-new sheet metal front to back, top to bottom. This doesn't look the least bit encouraging.

This reminds me of when the Detroit News took a picture of the Focus that just had the bars over the grille and slightly larger lower vents (a very basic cooling mule) and proclaimed that not much would be chaning on the Focus. Skip forward to NAIAS where the Detroit News (and many other auto media outlets) got embarassed for being so blatantly wrong.

Now, Ford, in Focus' case, created a bit of a beast that really probably isn't anything to be overly proud about. But those renderings of the 2009 Fusion are pretty much what we're going to be seeing, and they look really good. So, feel free to continue to take the Detroit News stance, but you're going to be embarassingly wrong at LA or NAIAS, whichever this debuts at.

It won't be as significant a change as the Focus, but we'll get new front and rear designs (including head and tail lights) along with a new interior.

This reminds me of when the Detroit News took a picture of the Focus that just had the bars over the grille and slightly larger lower vents (a very basic cooling mule) and proclaimed that not much would be chaning on the Focus. Skip forward to NAIAS where the Detroit News (and many other auto media outlets) got embarassed for being so blatantly wrong.

Now, Ford, in Focus' case, created a bit of a beast that really probably isn't anything to be overly proud about. But those renderings of the 2009 Fusion are pretty much what we're going to be seeing, and they look really good. So, feel free to continue to take the Detroit News stance, but you're going to be embarassingly wrong at LA or NAIAS, whichever this debuts at.

It won't be as significant a change as the Focus, but we'll get new front and rear designs (including head and tail lights) along with a new interior.

I'm not saying it WON'T be more different than it is now, but I'm not holding my breath for something earth-shattering. No new door skins would be a disgrace. The profile on the Fusion is about the blandest thing since the Five Hundred.

Wait, I know the answer!!! FENDER VENTS!!! YESSSSSSS!!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by NickF1011

I'm not saying it WON'T be more different than it is now, but I'm not holding my breath for something earth-shattering. No new door skins would be a disgrace. The profile on the Fusion is about the blandest thing since the Five Hundred.

Wait, I know the answer!!! FENDER VENTS!!! YESSSSSSS!!!! :rolleyes:

huh?

oh well - I guess people will always complain - this is a mid-cycle refresh - not a re-skin like the Focus, or a new generation.

Igor

Edited by igor

From what I've heard, the 09 Fusion will have a base 2.5L I-4 engine with almost 200HP, a PIP D30 V6 making around 250HP (although I would rather have either D35 or even a smaller bore or destroked D33 based on the D35), 2.5L I-4 Hybrid and possibly an AWD Turbo 2.5L I-4 making close to 300HP. If they look like the above renderings, then it looks like Ford will have a pretty good, competitive, line-up to me.

But will it be enough to get people to look at Ford instead of Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc. Only time will tell...

From what I've heard, the 09 Fusion will have a base 2.5L I-4 engine with almost 200HP, a PIP D30 V6 making around 250HP (although I would rather have either D35 or even a smaller bore or destroked D33 based on the D35), 2.5L I-4 Hybrid and possibly an AWD Turbo 2.5L I-4 making close to 300HP. If they look like the above renderings, then it looks like Ford will have a pretty good, competitive, line-up to me.

But will it be enough to get people to look at Ford instead of Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc. Only time will tell...

The I-4 is a 2.3 L

I dont get why they have the Hybrid listed as an 09 but the 09 model has a refreshed front end? WTF?

The Hybrid looks like a production ready model for this fall and the 09 comes out next fall...

no - the Hybrid simply does not wear the new nose - but the Hybrid will not be ready for 08 .. als Ford would forgo major marketing opportunity by not aligning the Hybrid release and the refresh release ..

it seems Ford will finally have it right - all at the same time .. no " ...and next year we'll add.." ... 4 new power trains, new exterior and new interior - all in one big reveal and launch.

Igor

Where's the blue oval in the new 3-bar grill, I don't see it.

Sorry Igor, but I don't understand your post above...Ford won't launch the '09 refresh with a hybrid, or they will????

He's saying the Hybrid will not be an 08 and will launch with the refresh as an 09, along with the new 2.5 I-4, the PIP D30 V6 and supposedly a Turbo 2.5L I-4. Four new powertrains and a refreshed car all in the same year would be new for Ford.

no - the Hybrid simply does not wear the new nose - but the Hybrid will not be ready for 08 .. als Ford would forgo major marketing opportunity by not aligning the Hybrid release and the refresh release ..

it seems Ford will finally have it right - all at the same time .. no " ...and next year we'll add.." ... 4 new power trains, new exterior and new interior - all in one big reveal and launch.

Igor

I find that really hard to believe...4 new powertrains in one year on a single product? This is Ford we are talking about! :shades: :lol: