Stap rumblings

GuyfromSTAP

Endorsing a candidate is one thing but union officials calling other candidates at home

trying to intimidate them into not running is another.

Our plant chair has fought very hard for us and accomplished alot of good things, but as for a new

vehicle for our plant. HE DIDN'T GET IT DONE. So how could someone he's endorsing get it done.

We need to change course and GET IT DONE.

My commiteeman publicly endorses who he was told to endorse but privately NO WAY.

Don't look now but there is a F100 behind you.

don't forget the first break of our contract was the elimination of the relief men ( when we were on 2 shifts) it was written in the contract that there would be relief men for the life of the contract (get it out and look at it)

there was no referendum for this decision it was just "done"...what the hell!!!

so who is running ????

i personally think Tony Gilmore would be a good choice if he is running

to bad i can't vote now

guys keep it cool and stay sharp on this ...its your future your voting on

Brian Proudfoot is resigning his alt-committman position and running

Darren Tucker is resigning his benifits rep position and running

Scott Smith is resigning his Time Study position and running.

Those are the 3 I know of, anyone else know the rest?

Brian Proudfoot is resigning his alt-committman position and running

Darren Tucker is resigning his benifits rep position and running

Scott Smith is resigning his Time Study position and running.

Those are the 3 I know of, anyone else know the rest?

Brian and Darren are both good candidates, don't know much about Scott, I have never had to deal with him.

don't forget the first break of our contract was the elimination of the relief men ( when we were on 2 shifts) it was written in the contract that there would be relief men for the life of the contract (get it out and look at it)

there was no referendum for this decision it was just "done"...what the hell!!!

so who is running ????

i personally think Tony Gilmore would be a good choice if he is running

to bad i can't vote now

guys keep it cool and stay sharp on this ...its your future your voting on

You are really fucked up if you think this guy can do this job.

Thank God you can't vote.

you gotta "know" Tony

but with Barny (Brian Proudfoot) running i would vote for him ...i have had Barny rep for me before ...very honest knowledgeable the company will not put anything over on him

You guys would do well to elect him

you gotta "know" Tony

but with Barny (Brian Proudfoot) running i would vote for him ...i have had Barny rep for me before ...very honest knowledgeable the company will not put anything over on him

You guys would do well to elect him

it took less than 24 hours to throw Tony under the bus.

hope you don't "know" Tony in the Biblical sense.

Barney? Tony? Tucker? for Plant Chair?

Give your heads a shake, this job is no joke!

We need a serious guy here not these three clowns.

I agree I have never seen Barney at a union meeting or have him involve with the union outside of work. Why cause, that require his own time. A chair is on call 24/7. By the way Barney has never won as a commitee man, only as an alternate. We don't want to but an alternate in for the top job. Tucker maybe, but I have had Tucker as my commitee man. Nice guy, but his famous lines were " lets not make any waves guys". This kind of attiude is not going to get my vote. I am still going with Whitey's pick "Scott" I know all these canadiates and I still think Scott is more qualified. He is young, and his goal is to have work here for the next 20 years. And he reminds me of Whitey in his younger days. Guys we need to think of our future and our familes future. Have a ggod weekend guys!

Edited by 1520 man

well i gotta say i sure would not want a guy with no floor experience being my plant chair ...Scott .....Scott who ???? i worked there for 30 years never heard of him ...never seen him his low seniority and 'gift" position of time study shows me he has no "real" world floor seasoning

i don't know guys i would want someone with some balls

as an alternate myself i was in on a few meetings with Barny and management he handled the situation perfectly

as for being "only" an alternate ..i can't speak for him but i would say why give up fps for committeeman when you can be an alternate and be on the floor 40% of the time and keep your floor job

never had Darren rep me but do know him seems ok ...but i don't know him enough to make a call on him

it's up to you guys

i hope the bus had big wheels ( so what happened to him ???)

You have no idea what you are talking about. You have elected union reps on the floor to deal with the situations on the floor, thats why they are there. The plant chair deals with things on a higher level, and Scott has been trained by the best plant chairman you can ask for, for the last 4 years. So he doesn't have to know how to deal with every situation, that is what your rep does. Do you think the plant manager hears about all the bullshit someone goes through out on the floor and why there is a stoppage in the line every time??? No he has lots of people under him to take of that, its not his job, the plant manager has a bigger responsiblity of running the whole plant. Scott will make an excellent plant chair just because of the fact he has dealt with the company for the last 4 years and has been trained by the best. If you don't like him just vote him out in 2 years.

Just wait and see "stap1520" wait and see is all you need to know right now.

Yes it is top secret, like the surprise fire alarm first day after shutdown.

Rumours are aplenty about the F100.

But if we tell you then we MUST eliminate you :hysterical::hysterical:

Edited by sparky1520

Rumours? Who said anything about rumours. :shades:

other rumours include the falcon coming to stap and stap closing by 2012...so who knows....

its still sad to watch Ford try and kill the panthers and the dealerships steering any potential customers away from them...whatever happened to the refresh/redesign of the panthers and the $300 million investment we were told about at the last contract ratification meeting....they didn't spend that much on the town car thats for sure...

other rumours include the falcon coming to stap and stap closing by 2012...so who knows....

its still sad to watch Ford try and kill the panthers and the dealerships steering any potential customers away from them...whatever happened to the refresh/redesign of the panthers and the $300 million investment we were told about at the last contract ratification meeting....they didn't spend that much on the town car thats for sure...

300 million refresh - It already on the list of broken agreements

If your looking for a copy of the contract, it's now printed in rolls for easy wiping.