2008 Accord, Official Pictures

DCK

Ok guys let's just agree to disagree. Fact is the Fusion isn't really class competive in the areas of interior design and details. It has been made even more obvious with the appearance of the '08 Accord, let alone the Altima, Camry, and dare I say, the new Mazda6. Hopefully Ford will fix this come '09, along with the engine, and survive this new model onslaught.

I don't see a bright future for the fusion until a complete redesign takes place and Ford puts their best effort into it, but we always end up with cheap watered down merely-noncompetive product. They can't last and put out products that are a generation behind the competition. Yes they have come a long way, but that shows just how pathetically far back they were to begin with. Ther still aren't making the right disicions they need to make.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys let's just agree to disagree. Fact is the Fusion isn't really class competive in the areas of interior design and details. It has been made even more obvious with the appearance of the '08 Accord, let alone the Altima, Camry, and dare I say, the new Mazda6. Hopefully Ford will fix this come '09, along with the engine, and survive this new model onslaught.

Fact is, your opinion of the Fusion's interior doesn't make it a fact.\

Altima:

Dash-md.jpg

Camry:

Dash-md.jpg

Passat:

Dash-md.jpg

Sonata:

Dash-md.jpg

Fusion:

Dash-md.jpg

I really don't know where ANY of you get off saying the Fusion isn't competitive in this class, either design, materials, or fit and finish. All of these interiors have their good aspects, and all have bad aspects. If you don't like the German-style design, good for you. But don't assume that because you don't like the design, that it someone isn't competitive in truly objective matters.

Fact is, your opinion of the Fusion's interior doesn't make it a fact.\

I really don't know where ANY of you get off saying the Fusion isn't competitive in this class, either design, materials, or fit and finish. All of these interiors have their good aspects, and all have bad aspects. If you don't like the German-style design, good for you. But don't assume that because you don't like the design, that it someone isn't competitive in truly objective matters.

Stop trying to be reasonable! It's not allowed here!

THIS is German design, wescoent:

ae_Ford_Mondeo_2003_07.jpg

The Fusion is just an abomination, a rush job, an insult to the american people.

Why, because it has a manual transmission and deep-bucket seats that Americans would never FIT IN, much less buy?

Give me a break... the shapes have been SLIGHTLY restyled, but otherwise, they're practically the same functional, handsome design. But wait... hold on a moment... what's that on the Mondeo's center stack?

It can't be!

A BRICK!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!

The Fusion is just an abomination, a rush job, an insult to the american people.

Alright, well... in the spirit of productive discussion, what do YOU think the Fusion's interior should look like? Same design theme, but with different details, or starting from scratch? Like, specific details on what should change, what should stay the same, and such.

Do you actually believe the shit that you type or are you just attempting to argue for argument's sake? I can't tell...

2006 Ford Fusion:

Dash.jpg

2003 Ford Mondeo:

interior1.jpg

THAT is "German design" while the Fusion is an "abomination, a rush job, an insult to the american people?" You have zero credibility as evidenced by the above pics.

Edited by White99GT

Of course 'bububu' is going to argue the Accord is so much more better, which in some ways it defintely is. Though lets not pass it off as if it is some groundbreaking exercise, a.k.a. the second coming.

Honda still makes due with a five speed auto, the trunk lid still uses bag crushing hinges and oh wait where is the maun-u-matic feature.

Face it this thing is ugly and the interior, with a plethora of ergonomic pitfalls, aint that much better.

Do you actually believe the shit that you type or are you just attempting to argue for argument's sake? I can't tell...

2005 Ford Fusion:

Dash.jpg

2003 Ford Mondeo:

interior1.jpg

THAT is "German design" and the Fusion is an "abomination, a rush job, an insult to the American people? You have zero credibility as evidenced by the above pics.

So lets see...Fusion has better steering wheel. Both have analog clocks and a similar overall shape. When you look closely, the Fusion is, shock, better looking, richer looking. Poor pc...

So lets see...Fusion has better steering wheel. Both have analog clocks and when you look closely, the Fusion is, shock, better looking, richer looking. Poor pc...

fusionINT.jpg

Err... come again? The denial is really getting out of control now. lol_2.gif

The Mondeo's steering wheel isn't made of hard, hollow plastic, and has aluminum inserts, and that's the pic of the absolutely most basic model. But yeah, I guess if by "better" you actually mean "awkward feeling", then yes you're right. I see you belong in the same alternate reality as White99GT, where everyone is rich and only buys fully loaded Fords.

Wescoent, if I'm getting your message right, Audi, VW, FOE and others aren't at the top of their classes because their interiors are among the best, but because they've horizontal vents, black panels on the doors with chrome/aluminum handles?

Well, I can show you quite more interiors with those traits, and no one considered them "class leading" or admirable. You're grasping at straws now. The Germans, and FOE for that matter, are among the best because their interiors show EFFORT, and exhude that "business" look to them.

THAT is "German design" and the Fusion is an "abomination, a rush job, an insult to the American people?

For starters, the pic you posted belongs to a car FORD launched in 2001, and as you can see, the foundation was quite solid, for the time.

Again, try to keep up, we're talking about late 2000/2001MY here.

Second key detail you're obviously missing on purpuse:

The 2001 Ford Mondeo was frozen in, oh... 1997.

Seems you're fine with Ford NA not even matching something done 10 years ago, so yeah, it was a fucking rush job, it doesn't even match or surpass a 10 year old design.

Here's the absolutely most BASIC Ford Mondeo you could get, way before the Fusion was even launched:

39.jpg

Now here's the crap launched 10 years after the above car was designed, TOP OF THE LINE:

RearSeat2.jpg

You're just kidding yourself pretending their overall standards are "similar". Get fucking real.

I can already see the excuse for this one:

"Bububu it's not cheapness, Ford NA just cares about visibility", which obviously explains why the center headrest is hidden, and there were little complaints for the Mondeo, right?

Fact of the matter is the Fusion looks CHEAP, it has a CHEAP looking dash Vs. the segment leaders, CHEAP looking leather/cloth/headliner, CHEAP looking door panels, a CHEAP second row, which doesn't even have rear headrests, compartments, etc. I could go on and on.

Everyone seems to agree the only positive thing about the Fusion are its soft plastics. You, on the other hand, have done nothing but post laughable damage control, doctored pics, spins, etc. Who exactly agrees with you outside of this site? Who places the Fusion's interior above that of an old Accord released years before?

Sorry buddy, the only joke here are the people in denial, who are already trying to distance themselves from the new Accord by changing the subject, you're the only joke here, plenty of facts back that up. I expected nothing else from the same guy who thinks the 2004 F150 HE is one of the safest vehicles you can be in, but hey, weight rocks.

f150.jpg

Oh, and keep backpedalling. You already conceded that in terms of interior foundation, the dash is ugly. So quit it already, you've done nothing but hit and miss every single time, and I don't expect the trend to reverse anytime soon.

Edited by pcsario

LOL, PC you have got to be one of the most hypocritical people on this board. Look at ya getting all upset, posting nonsense just to damage control and spin your own warped point of view. I love your 'because PC said so it has to be true, but don't you dare question it' attitude. Once upon don't pawn your stilly opinions off as fact, because quite frankly they aren't.

And what does that F-150 picture have to do with a friggin Accord/Fusion/Mondeo? I suppose someone could post pictures of the countless MDX/Ridgeline pictures where the curtain airbags deployed for no apparent reason, and that would be OK. BTW rear headrests don't gurantee safety for rear seat occupants. You should know that, it was found on the same website where you plucked that F-150 picture from.

Go sell crazy somewhere else, no one here is willing to buy it.

Edited by Michael Reynolds

Fact of the matter is the Fusion looks CHEAP, it has a CHEAP looking dash, CHEAP looking leather/cloth/headliner, CHEAP looking door panels, a CHEAP second row, which doesn't even have rear headrests, compartments, etc. I could go on and on.

Please quantify "cheap looking", pscario. I've driven Fusions, Camrys, Accords, etc. and the Fusion interior easily holds it's own. The Fusion interior actually makes the previous generation Camry interior look like shit. Since you claimed the Fusion's interior is "cheap looking" as fact you should have no trouble proving this fact. Your pictures certainly haven't. :redcard:

Everyone seems to agree the only positive thing about the Fusion are its soft plastics. You, on the other hand, have done nothing but post laughable damage control, doctored pics, spins, etc. Who exactly agrees with you outside of this site? Who places the Fusion's interior above that of an old Accord released years before?

Actually everyone I have spoken with -- people that actually own or have test driven one -- has been impressed with the quality feel of the Fusion interior. None of those people are on this site.

Sorry buddy, the only joke here are you, plenty of facts back that up. Then again, I expected nothing else from the same guy who thinks the 2004 F150 HE is one of the safest vehicles you can be in, but hey, weight rocks.

The question pscario continues to avoid: Would you rather be driving a 2003 F150 SuperCab or a 2006 Mini Cooper in a head-on collision between said vehicles?

Still waiting on Pscario, the resident masochist. :reading:

Edited by White99GT

Wescoent, if I'm getting your message right, Audi, VW, FOE and others aren't at the top of their classes because their interiors are among the best, but because they've horizontal vents, black panels on the doors with chrome/aluminum handles?

Well, I can show you quite more interiors with those traits, and no one considered them "class leading" or admirable. You're grasping at straws now. The Germans, and FOE for that matter, are among the best because their interiors show EFFORT, and exhude that "business" look to them.

For starters, the pic you posted belongs to the 2001 Ford Mondeo, I should know since I bought one that year, and as you can see, the foundation was quite solid for the time.

Where do you live that you could have bought a 2001 Ford Mondeo, yet also have access to a Ford Fusion to evaluate alongside it?

BTW, has Honda relocated the power moonroof button overhead, or are they still hiding it behind the steering wheel. And speaking of, is it even illuminated. What about the steering wheel buttons, are those illuminated at night as well? Are the power window bottons also hiding behind the steering wheel, where I must contort myself out of position, to adjust them into the correct position ?

Thats always been my beef with Hondas ergonomics. It's either designed for midgets, or for those who can read braille at night...

The moonroof button in my wife's 07 Accord isn't overhead or "behind the steering wheel" (it's on the lower left dash) and it is illuminated, as are the steering wheel controls and the power windows switches. Speaking of power window switches, they're on the door where they've been for as far back as I can recall save for the first-generation CR'Vs that had them on the dash (unobstructed by the steering wheel).

Actually everyone I have spoken with -- people that actually own or have test driven one -- has been impressed with the quality feel of the Fusion interior.

Ahhh... you couldn't find any reviews placing the Fusion's interior over that of an ancient Honda, so you resort to the personal anecdote excuse. Well I know millions upon millions of people who think otherwise and were dissapointed too, so you'll just have to trust me as well.

I love how everything you could come up with was "bububu last Camry interior was uglier than the Fusion's", as if it was the only car that was selling at the time. It actually makes matters worse, if you consider such a rudimentary interior was replaced by this, just months after the Fusion's launch.

BTW Mr. Weight > *, maybe you can finally stop ignoring this article:

http://www.gladwell.com/2004/2004_01_12_a_suv.html

Yes I still agree with you, I would much rather be in a 2004 F150 HE than anything else.

f150.jpg

Edited by pcsario

QUOTE(pcsario @ Aug 22 2007, 11:29 AM)

For starters, the pic you posted belongs to the 2001 Ford Mondeo, I should know since I bought one that year, and as you can see, the foundation was quite solid for the time.

--------------------------------------------------------

You get angry over people posting unfair pictures of the older German interiors, and yet you post the old pick up crash test picture. The 2004 HE 150 got 4 stars in its last crash test before changing over tho the current 150 (although that is not going to help people killed by truck built like the one in the picture, and Ford should be held to account for letting such a truck see production).

The Fusion interior to me at least, looks good. Not outstanding, but good. I don't think it deserves the venom you are throwing at it. The Honda interior is outstanding. I do see what you are saying though. It does look like the Fusion interior is the same grade as Honda's last interior. I hope Ford makes every effort to surpass this effort from Honda. I do believe Fusion's interior is better than Toyota's Camry and Avalon which by both sight and touch aren't very good. Fusion also beats efforts from many other cars in my opinion.

Why can't you answer my simple question pscario? That's 4 - 5 times now that you have dodged and spun your way out of answering the question and all of the IIHS crash pics in the world won't save you. Are you really that afraid to admit you were blatantly, flat, dead wrong? :reading:

poor PC... i really feel sorry for him really do, all he does is come in here and be critical of stuff.. wow, must have a very nice life.. or boring one... i would put my money on second option.

its all opinnions, just like people who say one is better than other, they are stating a opinnion, its not fact., saying ford is behind the japs is opinnion, not fact...

The Fusion interior to me at least, looks good. Not outstanding, but good. I don't think it deserves the venom you are throwing at it. The Honda interior is outstanding. I do see what you are saying though. It does look like the Fusion interior is the same grade as Honda's last interior. I hope Ford makes every effort to surpass this effort from Honda. I do believe Fusion's interior is better than Toyota's Camry and Avalon which by both sight and touch aren't very good. Fusion also beats efforts from many other cars in my opinion.

In terms of materials, I doubt the Accord has made any improvement over the last generation. Soft-touch plastics where you touch things, harder plastic where you don't touch things, and rubberized coating on some of the cheap stuff. Most of it feels pretty good, much like the Fusion, and you can't really improve either beyond going to wrapped-leather pieces.

The 2008 Accord interior does look pretty good, and probably will at least match the current model's use of quality materials. But it doesn't bring anything new to the table, and doesn't represent any significant design departure from the last generation interior. I take issue with people hailing this Accord interior as the hands-down best in class, and the Fusion's being total crap in comparison. Visually, functionally, and materials-wise, I just don't see how the new Accord is that much better than the Fusion, if at all. Maybe the brick from a visual perspective, but you can't deny its high quality and very functional nature.

poor PC...

its all opinnions, just like people who say one is better than other, they are stating a opinnion, its not fact., saying ford is behind the japs is opinnion, not fact...

Ah another ironic piece.

Yes, Fusion's interior doesn't look subpar compared to this:

2008-honda-accord-39.jpg

If it's just a matter of opinions, why keep arguing?

Maybe it's only an opinion Ford NA charges thousands of dollars for stuff others get for free.

Maybe it's just an opinion the outgoing Mondeo was designed 10 years ago.

Hey, maybe we live in the Matrix, and people passing on the Fusion for its mediocrity, is just a hoax.

Y'know what? You shouldn't be feeling sorry about me.

More than ever I'm feeling thankful for being unbiased. :)

Edited by pcsario