Ford Bashing Thread

Here, I started a Ford bashing thread for those who think:

New Escape is lame excuse for a small SUV no matter how well it sells

New Focus is a piece of shit no matter how many buy it even if it's complete reskin like Excape

The Fusion can't touch the Camry let alone the new Accord

The Edge is selling alright now, but just you wait until new Murano comes out

Mustang is getting stale and new Camaro will doom it like it did before (huh?)

No matter what Ford does Toyota and Honda will trump it like clockwork

Ford should just go run and hide because it's doomed

I hate Ford and I only point out the negative and ignore the positive

Have at it guys and get your frustrations out on here and those of us that get tired of the constant negativity can avoid this thread and bashers can talk to each other.

Critcism is great when its' backed up by fact and a solution is offered. It also makes the criticism credible and gives chance for resolution. But bashing is criticism that is based more on emotion, no facts or faulty facts, and not even a modicum of chance for any kind of solution. If I don't like something and find myself completely negative, I get the hell away and go do something constructive. Or post on this thread and beat yourselves up.

Ok...I guess I will get it over with.

The new Escape is horrible. It is filled with 1980's technology and has very poor brakes. The engine does not have enough power to move it. The interior materials are cheap. The whole thing is cheap. Ford did not make it look different enough. They should have made it look like the CR-V or RAV4 because everyone wants those.

The Fusion falls apart. I know this because my brother has a friend who has a brother-in-law who has a cousin that bought one last year and he says it is poorly built. It does not have enough power to make it move. Everyone wants a Camry not a Fusion because Camry is advanced and very stylish. It also has like a hundred horsepower more and everyone buying a 4 door sedan needs that kind of power. What does Ford think this is? 1980 with their 114 HP engines. My Gawd. Don't even get me started on the styling or the fit and finish.

The Taurus claims to be the safest car in the country but that is only because of all the lawsuits against Ford. They were actually planning on deleting the air bags and making them optional, but those pesky lawsuits forced them to keep them as standard equipment. The other problem with the Taurus is that it needs a V-8 with at least 400HP to be taken seriously by anyone. Everyone else can offer power like that...why can't Ford??? Because they don't care and are planning to sell out to Toyota next year anyhow.

The Edge is a poor excuse for whatever it is. I mean, hell the Renault Alliance had a nicer interior and again it does not have enough power to move it. Also, Ford decided not to include brakes in this vehicle because it would cost them too much to make them standard. Lawsuits will force them in making standard brakes next year.

Ok...there is my Ford bashing and yes it was a joke, but that is bashing.

Ok...I guess I will get it over with.

The new Escape is horrible. It is filled with 1980's technology and has very poor brakes. The engine does not have enough power to move it. The interior materials are cheap. The whole thing is cheap. Ford did not make it look different enough. They should have made it look like the CR-V or RAV4 because everyone wants those.

The Fusion falls apart. I know this because my brother has a friend who has a brother-in-law who has a cousin that bought one last year and he says it is poorly built. It does not have enough power to make it move. Everyone wants a Camry not a Fusion because Camry is advanced and very stylish. It also has like a hundred horsepower more and everyone buying a 4 door sedan needs that kind of power. What does Ford think this is? 1980 with their 114 HP engines. My Gawd. Don't even get me started on the styling or the fit and finish.

The Taurus claims to be the safest car in the country but that is only because of all the lawsuits against Ford. They were actually planning on deleting the air bags and making them optional, but those pesky lawsuits forced them to keep them as standard equipment. The other problem with the Taurus is that it needs a V-8 with at least 400HP to be taken seriously by anyone. Everyone else can offer power like that...why can't Ford??? Because they don't care and are planning to sell out to Toyota next year anyhow.

The Edge is a poor excuse for whatever it is. I mean, hell the Renault Alliance had a nicer interior and again it does not have enough power to move it. Also, Ford decided not to include brakes in this vehicle because it would cost them too much to make them standard. Lawsuits will force them in making standard brakes next year.

Ok...there is my Ford bashing and yes it was a joke, but that is bashing.

Add to that the F150....the truck thats way too weak for anyone. I guess that explains why no one buys it. It need at least 600 hp and a cab 12 feet long. It needs to tow 50000 lbs without going above 2000 rpm. It's just an all around bad truck. It needs more now, now ,now. I don't care about excuses like quality control. I want it now. Was I convincing lol???

[serious] My only complaint with the Ford Escape was exposed screws on the interior. Other than that, the Escape my dad rented (and I rode in) was perfect. The exposed screws made me feel like I was riding in a cheap vehicle, it didn't really hurt anything functionally. Even the hand-grabs on the door panels had exposed screws. Ford could easily fix this. I wish they would.

Other than that, I don't really know about new Ford products. I've seen the new Taurus from the outside but I have no idea what kind of vehicle it truly is. It does seem to be pretty nice though I have to say.

Add to that the F150....the truck thats way too weak for anyone. I guess that explains why no one buys it. It need at least 600 hp and a cab 12 feet long. It needs to tow 50000 lbs without going above 2000 rpm. It's just an all around bad truck. It needs more now, now ,now. I don't care about excuses like quality control. I want it now. Was I convincing lol???

Now take the Mustang, please. The instrument panel looks like it was taken out of an American Motors Javelin. The piece of crap only has 300hp. 300hp? The fricking F-150 only has 300 hp. And we know how slow that slug is. Put a frickin Hemi in there. Oh forgot, that is Chrysler. IRS suspension on Mustang...NOOOOOOO! It uses a suspension from another century so that when you floor it on bumpy road your fricking wheels come off car. Totally embarassing. The Mustang is so retro it makes 1975 Pinto look modern. Back to drawing board Ford and this time produce a pony car that has 650hp, 7 speed paddle shifting trans, Brembo brakes on all four wheels, IRS suspension, AWD standard, looks like fricking fighter jet, and costs under $20,000. And don't say you can't do it. You built Mustang back in '64 for under $3,000. And this time don't use that Vietnamese engineer...keep him down in Brazil building Ecosports. Bring back Phil Martens and he will do it for you. And if he can't do it, hire Bob Lutz for $250 million and he will design you a fighter jet because he flies the damn things. God Ford...I gotta tell you how do tie your shoes.

Now take the Mustang, please. The instrument panel looks like it was taken out of an American Motors Javelin. The piece of crap only has 300hp. 300hp? The fricking F-150 only has 300 hp. And we know how slow that slug is. Put a frickin Hemi in there. Oh forgot, that is Chrysler. IRS suspension on Mustang...NOOOOOOO! It uses a suspension from another century so that when you floor it on bumpy road your fricking wheels come off car. Totally embarassing. The Mustang is so retro it makes 1975 Pinto look modern. Back to drawing board Ford and this time produce a pony car that has 650hp, 7 speed paddle shifting trans, Brembo brakes on all four wheels, IRS suspension, AWD standard, looks like fricking fighter jet, and costs under $20,000. And don't say you can't do it. You built Mustang back in '64 for under $3,000. And this time don't use that Vietnamese engineer...keep him down in Brazil building Ecosports. Bring back Phil Martens and he will do it for you. And if he can't do it, hire Bob Lutz for $250 million and he will design you a fighter jet because he flies the damn things. God Ford...I gotta tell you how do tie your shoes.

You know what I really want. I want what I want. Who cares what actually sells or makes money, I don't. I don't want Ford to succeed, I want them to make 600 hp supercars for cheap. I want them to make racing trucks and super sedans. Who cares about what the public actually buys? Another problem is that Ford's products are never as good as competitors. Even the grass around the factories where the other products are built is greener. You know what would be really good. it would be really good if we sold Euro Fords here because I like them. They would be a million, no wait, a billion times better. Fusion, Expedition, Explorer, Edge, F150, all failures. Don't even get me started on the Taurus and Escape.

Edited by suv_guy_19

Oh c'mon. I didn't buy one to drag race ricers or run nascar or F1. I even bought a 6 cyl. It puts a smile on my face every time I drive it, it gets decent milage, only cost around 22 grand and it looks like this.

post-18828-1188104814_thumb.jpg

Oh c'mon. I didn't buy one to drag race ricers or run nascar or F1. I even bought a 6 cyl. It puts a smile on my face every time I drive it, it gets decent milage, only cost around 22 grand and it looks like this.

Nice lil 'stang man! The 4.0L Cologne is no slouch in the Mustang. Doesn't it run to 60 in around 7 seconds?

I did it myself just under 7 without flogging the car to do it. The day I bought the car, i was only getting the oil changed on my Sable and the salesman asked me if I wanted to drive one. There were only v6's on the lot and I was disappointed there were no v-8's. The sales man said the 6's were plenty fast. I didn't believe him, but I took it out anyway. Long story short, it took me 300 yards before I decided I'd take it home that day! I NEVER bought a car that fast before! The Mustang has that kind of magic to it. I never regretted the purchace.

(edit to thank) Thanks 2005 Explorer!

Edited by atomcat68

Ford of America offer the same standard of vehicle (talking cars not trucks) sold on the international markets. Style it whatever they think North Americans consumers taste are perceived to be. Ask RJ he seems to know what North Americans tastes are.

Take advantage at this time when Toyota, the main competitor is IMO cheapening their interiors and using substandard materials.

When Ford stops offering cheap, unfinished products,maybe they will get more conquest sales. But Ford needs to lead not be just as good.

Reading on non brand autocar forums non-Ford consumers are more interested in new Fords but once they go to the showroom, comments made are very consistent, "nice looking, better then before but too much plastic, or cheap interior, or rough edges on the lower interior trim pieces, sloopy fit and finish, still kind of cheap looking.

Ford needs to have more confidence in its product and stop being the cheap guys car company.