Mustang Competition

suv_guy_19

LOL, Nice one Suv Guy, saved me the trouble.

You cross shopped them 2005GTP, you admitted that you cross shopped them even if you didn't mean to admit it, and because you cross shopped them you made a grand prix competiton for the mustang.

Also I'm on board with SUV, your ass if flat out lying if you claim to be any kind of knowledgable about cars and don't know what a 350Z. Yeah, I just called you a liar. That's what you are.

such a lonely life you must have! doesnt your wife have something constructive for you to do? like pick up the dog shit outside, or inside for that matter? lmao you are a first class loser that thinks he knows what everyone should be thinking! get a grip, and let the mustang thing go buddy.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

such a lonely life you must have! doesnt your wife have something constructive for you to do? like pick up the dog shit outside, or inside for that matter? lmao you are a first class loser that thinks he knows what everyone should be thinking! get a grip, and let the mustang thing go buddy.

If it bothers you enough to post here then who's the loser asshole. lol I don't own a dog.

Edited by BlackHorse

As for the Mustang vs. Mazdaspeed issue: there's a simple way to decide that: take both cars to the same closed course on the same day so as to equalize conditions, and have the same driver of ample skill wring them both out. You remove the driver skill variable, so that all that remains are the STOCK cars. You define parameters to be tested and by all rights, the one with better specs would win. Whether that handling or acceleration or braking or lateral grip or what have you.

Or you (we) could just watch already existing productin-based pro racing. We could start with the Rolex Koni Challenge. Hmm, the Mustang runs in the GS class, while the Mazdaspeed runs in the... well, if anybody -did- run one, it would run in the smaller (and slower) ST class. So, let's go over to the other professional production series, the Speed World Challenge Touring Car series. Hmm, no Mazdaspeed 3s there, they're running 6s. No Mustangs there either, as they're too powerful (i.e. engines are too big). They'd be required to run in the GT series (but nobody does).

I guess Grand Am and SCCA arent' as smart as some people around here. They're classifying the Mazdaspeed cars as if they're slower than Mustangs. What morons. Wait! I'll bet NHRA is just as stupid. Does anyone know what /Stock classes these two cars run in?

Or you (we) could just watch already existing productin-based pro racing. We could start with the Rolex Koni Challenge. Hmm, the Mustang runs in the GS class, while the Mazdaspeed runs in the... well, if anybody -did- run one, it would run in the smaller (and slower) ST class. So, let's go over to the other professional production series, the Speed World Challenge Touring Car series. Hmm, no Mazdaspeed 3s there, they're running 6s. No Mustangs there either, as they're too powerful (i.e. engines are too big). They'd be required to run in the GT series (but nobody does).

I guess Grand Am and SCCA arent' as smart as some people around here. They're classifying the Mazdaspeed cars as if they're slower than Mustangs. What morons. Wait! I'll bet NHRA is just as stupid. Does anyone know what /Stock classes these two cars run in?

I couldn't give a good mother fucker about your classes of race car systran. It doesn't mean shit on the street.

I couldn't give a good mother fucker about your classes of race car systran. It doesn't mean shit on the street.

you have to be the biggest jerk-off on the planet! nobody really cares that you are a mustang hater. trash compacter! hahaha that was funny. not! and no one gives a "mother fucker" about you!

Oh bullshit Nick!!!! LMAO, Hey! :slap: Get your head back in reality man. Poeple want to know how fast the car is so they know how fast they can drive it. Yeah I can just see some Mustang guy at the light thinking "I know I can smoke that little punk in that Honda Civic that's been weaving in traffic and cutting everyone off with his loud obnoxious music. Look at him looking at me with that smug look on his face. I could really teach him a lesson. But I won't because I'm better than that. That's right, I bought a Mustang GT just to have the certain peace of mind that if I really wanted to smoke that kid I could but I won't because I'm all better than that and shit."

A car with good acceleration in the right hands is a safer car than an underpowered one. 0-60 mph times, 40-60 mph times, etc. are excellent indicators of how well that car can merge with traffic and in the process avoid accidents. 0-60 mph times aren't there only for street, drag, or bench racers. Get real man!

Good for you Nick. No really that's good. It's just too bad that our entire car culture from TV commericals to auto magazines promote the idea and notion of buying cars and driving them very aggressively on pubic streets. That's just the way it is, and plenty of people are happy to oblige the notion with their right foot. You know I was on my way back over to the house just a few minutes ago and low and behold there was a guy in about an 02 / 03 Mustang just ahead of me in traffic. It's a cool night so I've go the windows down. It's clearly modified, aftermarket tires, exhaust, who knows what all. How do you think he was driving? You guessed it buddy. He's chirpping the tires and racing the motor and dumped the clutch at a couple street lights. He's not even racing anyone, just driving like an ass to get attention I guess. I guess he's not one of the guys in your majority. lol

And how many of the other hundreds of cars you saw yesterday had drivers acting similarly? Exactly. That guy was the tiny minority.

And how many of the other hundreds of cars you saw yesterday had drivers acting similarly? Exactly. That guy was the tiny minority.

It doesn't matter Nick, it really doesn't. At that time he's the only one acting a fool. Some other time it's someone else. Like goingincircles pointed out, sometimes its some dumb ass in a minivan trying to beat the train and gets her two kids killed. It's not a behavior that is limited to just mustang guys or just honda civic guys. Everyone does it at some point and does it again and again, so spare me the nonsense about how the majority of mustang owners are driving around with little halos over their heads and observing all the traffic laws. I've seen college girls in Saturn Ions out there warp driving their asses through traffic.

Like I said, when you have a group of guys that are so into cars that they are going to the trouble of adding high performance parts to their street car, they aren't doing it so they can observe the speed limit everywhere they go. I know the type, I used to run with them, they will eventually put the hammer down. Then they'll do it again, because that's the whole reason they bought the car to begin with. That's just reality Nick, biting you once again.

Its clear we will just go around and around with this subject but maybe we can all agree on something here.

Every product whether its milk, clothes, vacations or cars competes for our money. None of us are Bill Gates so we all have some limit as to what we can spend. Its called a budget. We decide if we want to spend more on a car and less on vacations and our homes, visa versa, etc.

Based on that, when we go shopping for cars, we take into account how much we can spend and go from there. I had a budget but when I went shopping for my car, I went to a Ford dealer and ordered a Stang. I did not look at a new GP or any other car. I knew I wanted the Mustang so I didn't cross shop it with anything guys, I dont know what else to tell you but I didnt. Now, in the back of my mind, I know there are other performance cars out there that I COULD have looked at or researched....but I didnt. I cannot see how turning in my GP and going strait to a Ford dealer and ordering a Stang without looking at another vehicle is cross shopping. If it is, please someone come up with a good definition.

Now that that is out of the way, if we focus on the term competition and if there are cars out there that match the Mustang for what it offers, sure, there are some I suppose. Some offer similar or better performance, features, etc. but there isnt a car out there that as a total package offers the value the Mustang does. Thats taking into account performance, price, roominess, etc. Nothing really compares to it. If nothing compares to it, then it doesnt have a true competitor.

Keep it up Blackhose, your lack of comprehension and your childish manner is hilarious!!

I love reading your lame Mazda 3 trash and having it handed back to you!

They kid also doesn't seem to understand that Rolex Touring Car and GT and the Koni Challenge cars are street cars, with racing safety equipment. Or that these organizations have people whose job is to determine which cars have equivalent performance.

They kid also doesn't seem to understand that Rolex Touring Car and GT and the Koni Challenge cars are street cars, with racing safety equipment. Or that these organizations have people whose job is to determine which cars have equivalent performance.

Exactly! No one can win a argument with him because of his love for the no torque Mazda 3. I mean, just ask any person to describe what a Mustang is and what a Mazda 3 is and a vast majority of people will not know what a Mazda 3 or 6 is. Whatever, it just is funny and it can be to see him realize that no one even respects a Mazda as a performance car in the same manner as a Mustang or even a older Civic.

Go Mazda :happy feet:

Well, where to start with all of your latest posts of pure nonsense. First off I coudln't care less how many more people have heard of Mustang as opposed to a Mazda 3, 6 or your moms stinkin ass. lol I don't care anything about the Mazda 3, it was brought up as just an example. The fact that more people have heard of Mustang, while true, doesn't change the reality that the Mazda cars do exist, even in THE MUSTANG UNIVERSE!! LOL I don't care about all of your fancy ass racing leagues, they don't have anything to do with what we are talking about here. Please refrain from interjecting drag racing, IMSA, NASCAR, Trans Am or any other racing league into the conversation, it holds not point on the issue at hand. The only one that's decided to go back on topic here and not argue extreme left field semantics with me is 2005GTP, so he gets his very own response. lol

Its clear we will just go around and around with this subject but maybe we can all agree on something here.

Every product whether its milk, clothes, vacations or cars competes for our money. None of us are Bill Gates so we all have some limit as to what we can spend. Its called a budget. We decide if we want to spend more on a car and less on vacations and our homes, visa versa, etc.

Based on that, when we go shopping for cars, we take into account how much we can spend and go from there. I had a budget but when I went shopping for my car, I went to a Ford dealer and ordered a Stang. I did not look at a new GP or any other car. I knew I wanted the Mustang so I didn't cross shop it with anything guys, I dont know what else to tell you but I didnt. Now, in the back of my mind, I know there are other performance cars out there that I COULD have looked at or researched....but I didnt. I cannot see how turning in my GP and going strait to a Ford dealer and ordering a Stang without looking at another vehicle is cross shopping. If it is, please someone come up with a good definition.

Now that that is out of the way, if we focus on the term competition and if there are cars out there that match the Mustang for what it offers, sure, there are some I suppose. Some offer similar or better performance, features, etc. but there isnt a car out there that as a total package offers the value the Mustang does. Thats taking into account performance, price, roominess, etc. Nothing really compares to it. If nothing compares to it, then it doesnt have a true competitor.

You're almost there buddy, you are so close. lol Ok, lets take it at face value that you honestly didn't consider any other car besides your Mustang when you bought it? Also we are taking at face value that you barely know what a 350Z is, I'm still not buying that one. Anyway, you knew you wanted a Mustang, you made your mind up, you said "By God the Mustang and nothing else." Great, good for you, I hope you are enjoying your Mustang. I enjoyed my old Mustang. But, (there's always a but), and here's the part where you have to pay extra special attention man, just because you opted to shop for a new car in this manner does not mean that the majority of people shop for them that way. Therefore it is wrong for you to tell me or anyone else that they can't consider any car besides the Mustang because of your own personal preferences about it. There money is just as good as your money isn't it? Therefore, any car / pickup / SUV that they consider purchasing at the same time as a mustang is competition for the Mustang. It is competiton for purchasing dollars. Ford doesn't care why you bought their car, only that you buy it. If you looked at and seriously considered a Mustang but ended up buying a damn Toyota Matrix instead then your money went to Toyota and not Ford. The mustang in that case lost. So yes, on the buying market, when companies are competing for your purchasing dollars, any car is competition for any other car / vehicle of whatever kind. Anything goes. That's how it is, learn to accept it.

Now, are there different kinds of competion? You bet there are. I would not say that a Yaris is serious performance competion for a Mustang from a, which car is faster, stand point. Obviously the Mustang blows it away. Yaris gets better fuel mileage and has a more comfortable back seat. Mustang looks cooler and hauls ass. If you want to talk about competion from the perspective of 1/4 mile times and lap times and such as that, fine. But realize that is an entirely different kind of competition. You are trying to mix the two and say it's the same thing, but it's not.

Finally, for those of you boys that think I'm just some kind of Mustang hater or something. Grow up. I don't have a problem with Mustangs. They do what they do, I used to own one. I'm not crazy about the current body style because I'm in the camp that didn't agree with the retro body style. Regardless, that is what Ford decided to go with and it selling pretty well. Aside from that, there is no doubt that from a performance level the current mustang is a really great performing car. It' gets good times, handles decent and what have you. What I just get tired of is all of this nonsense about "Oh the mustang is in a class by itself. Oh dude it can't be compared to anything. It's so fucking awesome dude." Christ you make me wanna gag with that carp sometimes. It's like you just got your first lay and you're all off to school to tell your buddies how you finally banged mary jane rotten crotch. Maybe it's just an age thing I don't know. I do know that while the Mustang is a pretty damned good car, it's not the second coming of christ some of you boys try to make it out to be. That's it in a nutshell.

Edited by BlackHorse

Finally, for those of you boys that think I'm just some kind of Mustang hater or something. Grow up. I don't have a problem with Mustangs.

For someone who "doesn't have a problem" with Mustangs, why the hell do you put them down whenever the subject of the Mustang comes up on this forum? I personally think the Prius is ugly and overrated, but I don't go over to the Toyota forums and constantly bitch about them or post classics like this:

I'm not opposed to people buying "fun to drive" cars by any means. Also I have to keep in mind that in the area where I live, the Mustang is the icon of redneck. Newer Mustangs especially are almost always being driven by some lowlife who's slamming the gas out of every light and just itching for someone to even remotely rev their engine. Back in the 80's it was the Camaro that attracted this bunch, but when the new Mustang came out in the mid 90's they all switched. So to some extent I'm biased against the car given who drives most of them around here and the way they drive. But also I just think the wannabe classic thing is silly.

I don't much care for new Mustangs it's no secret. Did you two boys just decide to show up here and try to start an argument, because none of this has anything to do with the topic of this thread. If you gotta reach back 4 months to find the last time I said something negative about a Mustang and still try to call that "whenever the subject comes up" you apparently don't know what "whenever" means. I'm sure the topic's of mustangs has come up a lot of times in the last 4 months. Go pick a fight with pcsario or somebody who really does come around here and hate on Ford.

2005GTP, you are wrong dumb ass, you cross-shopped when you purchased your Mustang. You are such a liar.

Oh wait, back to reality...well said 2005GTP.

Number 1, what is funny is how BH and the other idiot tried to tell me I cross shopped when I clearly didnt. Number 2, everywhere my car goes I have people come up to me and ask about it and look at it. Whether I am pumping gas or stopped at a light, everyone looks at it. I dont see the 350Z getting that kind of attention. That is a fact.

Number 1, Number 2, everywhere my car goes I have people come up to me and ask about it and look at it. Whether I am pumping gas or stopped at a light, everyone looks at it. I dont see the 350Z getting that kind of attention. That is a fact.

How could you, according to your own words, you barely know what a 350Z is. And don't be an "idiot" yourself. You said you looked a 2 different cars. That means you cross shopped them.

Edited by suv_guy_19