VEBA= no more closings

CSMJ

I am gonna be proved to be right in about 2 weeks. Detnews article says ALL not just ford but ALL heads of the big 3 are willing to leave CLOSING plants open and they will guarantee jobs and keep the GEN in exchange for a VEBA. So in the end CCP will not close and the Diesel's are coming to plant 2 and Lima.

This is a good trade off even the UAW has said in the recent past that the VEBA left alone will last at least until 2030. I'll take that tradeoff any day of the week.

Although I will predict that the union will give up our cost of living and roll it into the VEBA to help the retirees, I'll go along with this. Im willing to give up $2 an hour for the retirees, Im not and never have been a retire hater afterall am I????? I just want what's fair that's all.

I am gonna be proved to be right in about 2 weeks. Detnews article says ALL not just ford but ALL heads of the big 3 are willing to leave CLOSING plants open and they will guarantee jobs and keep the GEN in exchange for a VEBA. So in the end CCP will not close and the Diesel's are coming to plant 2 and Lima.

This is a good trade off even the UAW has said in the recent past that the VEBA left alone will last at least until 2030. I'll take that tradeoff any day of the week.

Although I will predict that the union will give up our cost of living and roll it into the VEBA to help the retirees, I'll go along with this. Im willing to give up $2 an hour for the retirees, Im not and never have been a retire hater afterall am I????? I just want what's fair that's all.

Got a link?

What about "buy down" in wages, and signing bonus for VEBA?

you got all that from that article. talk about reading between the lines

Remember CSMJ, this article is Bryce Hoffmans' opinion based on information he has. Don't read more into it than that.

I think most of us hope we CAN keep more plants open so we can all keep working (hourly, salaried, everybody).

A lot could change between now and September 15th; let's encourage our bargaining team to get the best deal they can, given the situation.

Remember CSMJ, this article is Bryce Hoffmans' opinion based on information he has. Don't read more into it than that.

I think most of us hope we CAN keep more plants open so we can all keep working (hourly, salaried, everybody).

A lot could change between now and September 15th; let's encourage our bargaining team to get the best deal they can, given the situation.

I know it is his opinion, but this is not the first article I've seen saying this about the jobs staying here it is about the 5th time I've seen it.

a few months ago i believe it was on bloomberg or the WSJ it said Ford needed 1.7B in concessions to make WS happy, well this is 2.5B by itself add onto that our (the workers) cuts and there gonna see about 3B-3.5Billion in savings. And since this is tied to the stock price don't u think the union wants this because the stock price will certainly jump if not double.

And I have to say we had better get a deal close to what Delphi got or they can kiss my ///!

THat is scarry to read that, these plans have failed in the past and it seems like these VEBA plans will defnitely be on the bargaining tables the next couple of weeks. It makes sense that the Big 3 are looking for a 30 percent cost reduction by the union, and from what this article says they only want t fund 60 to 70 percent on the dollar of the health care burden. I did read an article early that said they also would like to fund part of the cost with stocks instead of cash. If that is approved the stock prices for Ford would go through the roof. Wait what if this is just a plan to raise the stock prices so the Ford family can sell all their stock high before the company goes belly-up. Maybe its a conspiracy by the company to flucuate the stock price. Sort of a Enron-esque plot then are VEBA fund would be broke and we would be dead in the water. I don't know all seems to scary to have to deal with tonight, maybe we can work on world peace today. Then tommorow we'll tackle global warming and the global market place.

How about this---------->Ford can BUY OUT your retirement if you agree, the union will send you a check for whatever your monthly benefits package costs, minus 10%!!!!!!!

In this way, people who have other means to acquire health insurance can save others money, and Ford can offer a lump sum to basically remove the ex employee from the roles.

It is logical, it is fair, it saves money, and trust me IF Ford offered a buyout of pensions, many would jump on board as a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush..........depending upon the offer. And since nobody would be forced into it, for those who wanted the status quo, NOTHING would change..........except who administered your healthcare dollars release.

• 2 weeks later...

Remember Chrysler has neither the stock nor the cash to fund a VEBA. This could turn out to be a very large fly in the ointment as they want huge wage concessions now.