FJ Cruiser Rollover Hazard?

8A4RE

I read that some people said suspension components can cut down a tire. Anyone see the huge threads that the internal 'shotgun braces' that make up the crush zone of the front of a car(the metal inner fenders behind the decorative outer fenders) is actually splitting at the corrugations in the engine bay area used for controlling crash forces even with mild off road use? Toyota is just telling customers its $8k to fix it and you shouldn't go off road. Its in the FJ cruiser forums.

One of them is spray painted with reference marks all over it. It may of had a fatality involved.

Edited by kevinb120

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a cheap piece of shit vehicle that Toyota is. I mean... Old Ford Broncos from the late 1970's and early to mid 1980's are a helluva lot more reliable even when they are totally rusted out than Toyota's "FUCK JOB" cruiser. I'm sure the people who buy that car are the ones that "cruise" around if you know what that means. Hey... Maybe that's why the cupcakes like foreign cars!

I read that some people said suspension components can cut down a tire. Anyone see the huge threads that the internal 'shotgun braces' that make up the crush zone of the front of a car(the metal inner fenders behind the decorative outer fenders) is actually splitting at the corrugations in the engine bay area used for controlling crash forces even with mild off road use? Toyota is just telling customers its $8k to fix it and you shouldn't go off road. Its in the FJ cruiser forums.

One of them is spray painted with reference marks all over it. It may of had a fatality involved.

I think you are correct, RIP.

06362577_4X.jpg

See the Land Rover LR3 in the background...

To the Toyota FJ Cruiser owner..or former owner I should say....

Heh Heh Heh!!!!..... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

To the Land Rover's former owner.......my heart goes out to you.... :cry: ....cuz those suv's are pretty nice lookin compared to what they used to look like a few years ago.....

To the Toyota FJ Cruiser owner..or former owner I should say....

Heh Heh Heh!!!!..... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

To the Land Rover's former owner.......my heart goes out to you.... :cry: ....cuz those suv's are pretty nice lookin compared to what they used to look like a few years ago.....

What a hypocrite... You said this and now you support Toyota in another thread!

:redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard:

I remember when Joan Claybrook was throwing a hissy fit saying the Bronco II should be recalled because it was a roll-over hazard. It now appears 20 years later that Toyota is building a vehicle with the same kind of issues and where is Joan??? Oh that's right...it's Toyota!!! This thing could be killing people daily and she would never step on Toyota's feet. She is the biggest hypocrite in the automotive world. She claims that her organization Public Citizen is concerned with automotive safety...well it is...unless a Japanese automaker is the one with a safety issue, then they look the other way. :banghead:

• 3 weeks later...
I didn't realize the FJ's rear window (between C- and D-pillar) was so small until I saw that top picture.

From what I understand, Toyota wanted the FJ to closely resemble the original Cruiser from the 60's. They wanted it to have a two door appearance or something close to that. Everone that I speak with that has driven one complains about how bad the blind spot is.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/review...j-cruiser_x.htm

From what I understand, Toyota wanted the FJ to closely resemble the original Cruiser from the 60's. They wanted it to have a two door appearance or something close to that. Everone that I speak with that has driven one complains about how bad the blind spot is.

I've read about the horrible blind spots before.

In Healey's review, Toyota goes on and on about how the FJ was made for off-roading and what a rough tough truck it is. Now that some people have tried it off-road and experienced cracks in the floor and under hood structure Toyota says they were abusing the FJ.

Tundra owners are also abusing their vehicles when they even consider using it as a truck. :hysterical: