Sharper Focus For the New 2008

robertlane

Like I've said multiple times...

THEY BOTH SUCK!!!

There. I won't say it again. I'm just tired of people bitching about NOT getting the Euro versions of Fords when in this case, the difference in quality and appearance is minimal at best. In the end, those same people whining about Ford NA's Focus would probably end up just as disappointed with the refreshed C1.

You actually started the whining in this thread, you're so sensitive to anything regarding Ford that you're now imagining things..

THEY BOTH SUCK!!!

There. I won't say it again. I'm just tired of people bitching about NOT getting the Euro versions of Fords when in this case, the difference in quality and appearance is minimal at best. In the end, those same people whining about Ford NA's Focus would probably end up just as disappointed with the refreshed C1.

what doesn't suck?

give us an example.

You can't, because it needs to be crash tested...and do you want to buy 3-5 cars that it needs to be done with?

You could hypothetically buy the car, but you wouldn't be able to register or insure it..so its pretty pointless to do so...

Even when Ford brings over models from overseas they have to crush them within a years period of time

thats is not true.

you don't have to crash them.

the importers I talked to estimated $8000-10,000 to have it certified.

I dunno about that...it had fairly high fleet sales at one point in time...I had one for a rental back in January

"High" would be a pretty relative term, considering the overall volume of the Mazda3 compared to a lot of its competitors. Unfortunately, Mazda just isn't really all that big in the US.

Perhaps Ford should try to get some of its dealers to convert to Mazda instead? Could kill two birds with one stone. Of course, more dealers won't help until Mazda increases some capacity to build more models (or agrees to build more models alongside Ford in Ford-owned plants that are currently idled/under-utilized).

Ford has been encouraging some LM dealers to pick up the Mazda franchise, but I would imagine that their sales channel people are more focused on facilitating consolidation now than encouraging franchise acquisition.

IMO Ford/Mazda works better than Mazda/LM if you have to share sales staff--except that more and more, manufacturers do not want shared sales staff or facilities.

IMO Ford/Mazda works better than Mazda/LM if you have to share sales staff--except that more and more, manufacturers do not want shared sales staff or facilities.

I seem to be seeing the opposite trend around here. A lot of the former Chevy-only and Ford-only dealers have picked up brands like Hyundai, Kia, and Subaru to fill up lot space.

I dunno about that...it had fairly high fleet sales at one point in time...I had one for a rental back in January

I'll have to find a link, but I'm pretty sure based on the near 0 incentives on it, it must be selling pretty well. My friend got the last one a dealer had, 4 people asked about while he closed the sale. (May '07)

I think KIA and Hyundai are a little to eager to be picky about where the franchisee puts them. I don't know that either have 'model' showrooms or presentation standards. Judging by the cattle barns the local dealer has put them in, I think KIA/Hyundai are the "Hey, just happy to be here!" manufacturers.

Eventually, after getting jerked around by their dealer body enough, they'll start to jerk back, and their dealer relations will sink to the same level of dysfunction that just about every other volume mfr. has with its dealer body.

THEY BOTH SUCK!!!

I prefer both interiors to this:

03corolla_le_int1.jpg

and this:

Civicinterior.jpg

Without going back and reading previous posts, I'd just like to comment that it's such a shame :banghead: that Europe gets some really great material (Euro Focus, Kuga, diesel powerplants, etc) that would do so well here in the United States. I understand Fields :shades: was in charge of Europe during development of these cars, and hopefully his influence takes roost here soon (Verve, etc).