Problems with Kentucky Truck Plant

hawk0308

Sounds like somebody at that plant need to call the quality hotline and get some heat down there.This isn't just the reputation of one plant or one product at stake it's all of us and our futures.

An oldtime Supervisor always said to me "nobody will ever fire you for quality,but me on the other hand is a different story."When we are told to ship crap out the door to customers those people making that call need to be held accountable.

The number is there for a reason,I suggest you guys use it and see what shakes out.

been there done that. i wasted two weeks on the phone every day, getting put off, transferred to another person, leaving voicemails that never got returned, always getting some bullshit answer or excuse, then i started getting some harassment from management and labor relations, so i decided i should keep my mouth shut, and just come to work and do what im told to do.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is EXACTLY why we shouldn't post this kind of stuff on a public blog or forum. When you talk like this openly and publicly, you hurt Ford. You have no honor and you should be ashamed.
I don't know if u ment this reply for me or not but I am not affiliated with ford in anyway except I am one of their customers and when I read how trucks are leaving a plant to the dealer it makes me a bit nervous when it comes to my next purchase :finger:

post-16299-1121182249_thumb.jpg

I don't know if u ment this reply for me or not but I am not affiliated with ford in anyway except I am one of their customers and when I read how trucks are leaving a plant to the dealer it makes me a bit nervous when it comes to my next purchase :finger:

I don't think it was meant for you kenp77. I think what he means is employees should not be on here throwing around words like horrible quality and shipping junk. He is right. Because there is no way for one employee to determine quality from his/her little corner of the plant. There are over 5000 employees at KTP. Hell this guy could be mad about not getting his break on time and come on here and say the whole place is a disaster. The truck that is built at KTP is continually Best In Class and the best selling vehicle in the world for over 2 decades. How could this be if the entire plant was in turmoil? Don't let one employee form your opinion of a plant or a vehicle.

You should not be nervous about purchasing any Ford.

I don't think it was meant for you kenp77. I think what he means is employees should not be on here throwing around words like horrible quality and shipping junk. He is right. Because there is no way for one employee to determine quality from his/her little corner of the plant. There are over 5000 employees at KTP. Hell this guy could be mad about not getting his break on time and come on here and say the whole place is a disaster. The truck that is built at KTP is continually Best In Class and the best selling vehicle in the world for over 2 decades. How could this be if the entire plant was in turmoil? Don't let one employee form your opinion of a plant or a vehicle.

As a customer with a 17 Sep sequence date on a F250 with a MSRP of over 45K, it is unsettling to read about flawed parts, dealer fixes ILO factory etc.

But, after 25 years in the army i can understand the need to "vent".

All i ask is that you be exceptionally vigilent in the next few weeks when you see a green F250 crew slide by.

As a customer with a 17 Sep sequence date on a F250 with a MSRP of over 45K, it is unsettling to read about flawed parts, dealer fixes ILO factory etc.

All i ask is that you be exceptionally vigilent in the next few weeks when you see a green F250 crew slide by.

All Plants have an issue in one fashion or another, I also have an Expedition coming off the line at MTP soon, when it hits the dealer and if there is something wrong, it will be sent back to the factory. better yet they can build me another. IS this likely going to happen, NO --I wouldnt be too concerned.

Calvin@LAP is correct; this was not meant as a reply to the customer that commented earlier. This was meant to admonish those that disparage Ford. All I can say is this: you should feel lucky that you're either Union or Anonymous. Why? Because if you weren't one, or both, of those, you would have gotten fired for what you've said. In my opinion, you should be. Imagine how many customers may have been swayed by your public comments. Now, think about how many times you've thought, or said, to yourself that the "American consumer has abandoned the American worker by buying foreign". Have some pride in what you do and stop being childish by thinking the internet is a harmless means to vent. Grow up. Go to work. Stop attacking the character of the Company or their employees.

You may be right, I am a Union Chief Steward at my worksite (non-automotive) but the complaint handling is the same....I stand by my earlier suggestion. In the end, if you cannot document the problem without the disparaging personal remarks, then you do not have a quantifiable complaint...I get asked all the time when faced with a perceived "problem"...."What is the Union going to do about this??" My reply is, YOU are the Union...what do you want us to do....together, Help me to help you."...but if all you want me to do is go up to management and complain on your behalf.....not going to happen. I will go WITH you, not for you.

Where exactly would you like this to be posted? Nobody in the plants will listen, the operators arent asked for input and when the operators bring attention to problems they are looked at like they are idiots. The problem in the plants is communication and the "Chinese Fire Drill" that the managment does every 6 months. The operators are in the same area for years and years yet management is constantly moved every 6 months and are NEVER held accountable for anything because they now in 6 months they are moving to either a different shift or different area. If they placed a supervisor in an area and told them it was their area for the next 2-3 years I bet you would see a HUGE difference in every area of the plants. How I long for the days of Frank Foley.

You need operators to put the blame on by management anytime there is a line stop. It would never be a quality issue or an engineering issue. They have taken all the thinking out of the jobs. All the operator needs to do IS DO. So, you see, it's always the operator's fault...!

...King Ranch trim; very nice...did you add the instant heat and flex step tail gate...?

post-16299-1121371891_thumb.jpg

I work at KTP. I know workers at GM, Chrysler, and Toyota. We all have very similiar issues. All auto workers are put into a chaotic invironment and at times it can be extremely stressfull. In an industry as large as the auto industry, plants evolve every day in correspondance with what they build, therefore everyday things are changing. As soon as one issue is resolved anotherone takes its place. This is where the venting comes from like rmml was talking about. We have to adapt and overcome each and every issue on a daily baisis and that is why we vent on this forum, because we all care about our jobs and the products we build. Its just a stress relief, but some issues get resolved on this forum.

lariat v-10 w/step , extender, sunroof, capt chairs, nav system, tow command

thanx for looking (now if they will settle the strike...)

I called the union hall...report to work as usual...I'll keep an eye out for thar green V10 Lariat crew cab...I ordered mine as well (back in 1999 when Frank Foley was Plant Manager at KTP). My, how times have changed...

Calvin@LAP is correct; this was not meant as a reply to the customer that commented earlier. This was meant to admonish those that disparage Ford. All I can say is this: you should feel lucky that you're either Union or Anonymous. Why? Because if you weren't one, or both, of those, you would have gotten fired for what you've said. In my opinion, you should be. Imagine how many customers may have been swayed by your public comments. Now, think about how many times you've thought, or said, to yourself that the "American consumer has abandoned the American worker by buying foreign". Have some pride in what you do and stop being childish by thinking the internet is a harmless means to vent. Grow up. Go to work. Stop attacking the character of the Company or their employees.

An employee should be fired for a true statement? Ask any employee at KTP (management included) and I am willing to bet that 99% would give you the same answer. It is very hard to argue the truth and I will state again that this plant has never been run in the 13 years I have been there, the way it is today. That my friend starts with the man up front chewing on his swisher sweet cigars.

Remember, if no one gave a sh*t, this forum would not exist.

Calvin, have you ever worked at Ktp in the past 13 years? (you may have back in the heavy truck days)

If not then do you really know what is going on over here? I know you are across town and I'm Not trying to be a dick. It is hard to understand how this plant is run now days.

We build a quality product with what we are given but how many times this year has the parking lots been blocked off for crap being run off the end of the line? Granted it is mostly supplier problems but some is not and we keep building the product to the best of our ability even though we and management know it is bad.

What kind of logic is this? Why not fix the problem and be done with it before it is pushed out the door and put on hold?

If someone can explain this to myself and the other 4000+ people inside the walls of KTP it would be greatly appreciated.

I worked for your PM Bryant at MTP...he was final area manager at the time. Department paying $250,000/year on OT grievances alone. Lack of planning for 2002 Expedition/Navigator-one of the worst launches in Ford in recent memory...yet he, J Woods, Anne Stevens, they all get promoted. Wonder how things ended up getting so bad? Small shit like not having experienced people running plants!

Yes I think at the very least he has the power to make them put the decision off until the "recovery" plan is successful...politics and image play a huge role in the decision making. If Ron G. is one that the Detroit Three want in office, then they can do whatever they want to make him look good. On the flip side, if they want him out, then an argument could be made to close LAP.

As a former WGL/Assembler and back to sales Rep. Please keep in mind fellows. If you can't built them properly, we will have a hard time selling them. This is not good for anyone tring to make a living. It will cost you money and maybe your job. I am a loyal Ford person, because I believe in the product. But please remember this. If we can't sale them, you won't be building them. And if you don't built them you don't get paid.

Sincerely,

Lou Rosario

To be totally honest with you guys the problem with KTP is the man in charge. The Plant manager is a total idiot. Todd Bryant has got to be/is the dumbest person in charge of any plant in the Ford system. You employees, union or not, cannot tell me that this guy has taken this plant and run it into the ground nose first.

I have been at this plant for 13 yrs. and we have never had the problems we are having now. Parts shortage, bad shit coming in, stupidity within the plant as far as line sups. shitty product being shipped out, shitty product being built, YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS THAT THE POWERS THAT BE CANNOT SEE THIS. He has taken total idiots and put them in charge of repairs that they have no business being in charge of and he has idiots in charge of the lines that don't even know that we are actually building a truck. As far as they know we are building a Probe, LTD, van, Mark VIII,caprice, viper, mobile home. They could not tell you which end is the front and which end is the back on the Frame line if they were marked.

At what point will the company wake up and figure out that Ktp is/was the bread and butter of the company?

Honestly who would like Todd Bryant gone? It has to be better for the company/union to have this jackass gone.

What are your thoughts?

As a former WGL/Assembler and back to sales Rep. Please keep in mind fellows. If you can't built them properly, we will have a hard time selling them. This is not good for anyone tring to make a living. It will cost you money and maybe your job. I am a loyal Ford person, because I believe in the product. But please remember this. If we can't sale them, you won't be building them. And if you don't built them you don't get paid.

Sincerely,

Lou Rosario

If your a sales rep may I suggest you take an english class. You write like a goddamn Chinaman. :redcard: