Ford Verve

mettech

Nobody knows what the profit is on any vehicle. If they tell you they do, they are full of shit.

Well its been reported several times and by different sources that on avg that a Luxury SUV like the Navigator or Escalade make 10-15K profit per vehicle sold...

I haven't seen any estimates on every day cars like the Fusion/accord/Camry...the normally say break even or lose money

• 2 weeks later...
Ford Fuck, Mercury Middlefinger, and Lincoln Masturbator. Now these are nameplates that will not be easily forgotten.

now now, we can't go and steal away all of the Dodge Charger/RAM pickup customers. If they could call their vehicles that they would, since it is certainly how they act.

Does anyone know what the profit is on a Focus?

I find it hard to believe that Ford will make anything on Verve unless it's in the price range of the Focus.

When Mulally was reviewing the company's 2008 product line last September, for example, he was told that Ford loses close to $3,000 every time a customer buys a Focus compact, according to one executive. "Why haven't you figured out a way to make a profit?" he asked. Executives explained that Ford needed the high sales volume to maintain the company's CAFE, or corporate average fuel economy, rating and that the plant that makes the car is a high-cost UAW factory in Michigan. "That's not what I asked," he shot back. "I want to know why no one figured out a way to build this car at a profit, whether it has to be built in Michigan or China or India, if that's what it takes." Nobody had a good answer.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/conte...age_top+stories

Edited by MKII

Does anyone know what the profit is on a Focus?

I find it hard to believe that Ford will make anything on Verve unless it's in the price range of the Focus.

It all depends on the fixed cost of the plant that assembles it. If it's in a US assembly plant, you're right, it wouldn't even begin to make money until Focus prices or above. But, if built in Brazil, China, or India, the fixed cost of the plant is low enough to not badly eat into the sum total of profits per vehicle, and Ford will make money.

High quality and reliable Fiestas will also result in happy owners more likely to trade into Focuses and Fusions.

Name a small car that Ford has made money on?

good point...in fact name a MANUFACTURER that has!!!!!!!!! I think they are aimed at reducing CAFE penalties more than anything....that is unless they are high priced to begin with....aka 30k Minis

Edited by Deanh

Nobody can answer that question without Dearborn opening it's books to the public.

Better question to ask...has Any manufacture based in the US (not Japanese Transplants) ever made money on small cars?

Not saying it can't be done, but its very hard to do to proven otherwise.