Ford Motor Company: September 2007 Sales

Did you count all the employees in Japan, since that is where more than 50% of their cars come from? :redcard:

Didn't think so. :finger:

Yes, you didn't think. That part is correct.

The numbers are for total global sales, and total global employment.

Annual Sales per employee: Ford $565,806 at a loss of $44,569 per employee...

For comparison, Toyota $735,734.

It may be instructive to consider the number of vehicles sold per employee as well. Round numbers suggest that they probably are selling (and building) about 7 more cars per employee than Ford. Even at that, it is difficult to imagine a that the sales of seven cars would net enough for Ford to cover the $44K deficit. It would also be interesting to see what the total market share would be with the additional sales...

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jaguar still stink like French cheese, SELL THE SHITTY BRAND ALREADY.

i was actually impressed by XJ sales numbers --- 1133% increase -- 407 compared to 33.

does anybody know if these XJ sales are the 08 or 07 XJs?

Edited by rmc523

haha, I thought you liked Jaguar, you know being British and all?

XK had a decline and it's the car's SECOND YEAR!! I thought it "gorgeous" what happened? rofl.

I still think its Gorgeous, in design, not sales --- to me that describes Jaguar as a whole though (except for X-Type which is not gorgeous in any way, shape, or form)

Ford needs a flash in the pan it can turn into a steady glow Nick. The 300 made money, sold well, and everyone saw it. Can you give me one example of a Ford product that meets those 3 criterion?

PS. How much worse would Chrysler's future be without the LX line?

Lets see.....Expedition/Navigator, Explorer, F-series, Mustang, more recently, the GT (I assume they profited on them, and they sold well in the limited numbers that were built, and surely EVERYBODY saw it)

PS. Probably pretty bad.

Edited by rmc523

This is a stupid argument because I can't prove they would have been worse off without the 300. But if you honestly think the 300 didn't make Chrysler relevant you are wrong.

How did the 300 make Chrysler any more relevant then it is now? It was just a flash in the pan design and is now left to rot on the vine.

If Chrysler offered a car that was worth a damn besides the 300, I bet that the 300 sales won't be as good as they are.

How did the 300 make Chrysler any more relevant then it is now? It was just a flash in the pan design and is now left to rot on the vine.

If Chrysler offered a car that was worth a damn besides the 300, I bet that the 300 sales won't be as good as they are.

Flash in the pan

Meaning:

"Something which disappoints by failing to deliver anything of value, despite a showy beginning"

Hmmmm - lets see. After 4 years with little change and still outselling any full sized vehicle that Ford is putting out - despite the "new and improved" 500/Taurus.

Hardly a flash in the pan, despite the wishes of some.

As for anything being "worth a damn" outside of the 300, I can think of a small handful of their other models that I would consider before Ford, despite never having bought anything but Ford/Mercury. The Dakota over the Ranger comes to mind first. Not to mention all the markets they still have that Ford abandoned. And the fact you can get a decent sized engine with Mopar. :shades:

Not to mention that I saw my first 2008 Super Duty today. Somebody hit that thing with the ugly stick! :finger: I think some of the people who helped design the Aztec had a hand in it.

Not to mention that I saw my first 2008 Super Duty today. Somebody hit that thing with the ugly stick! :finger: I think some of the people who helped design the Aztec had a hand in it.

They look hideous with the gray plastic grille, but it looks pretty good in chrome. But then again, those buying the work truck models without the chrome obviously aren't buying for the aesthetics.

As for the "flash in the pan" comments, I'm thinking on a more long-term scale. 4 years of success really IS a flash in the pan when you are looking at the long-term health of a corporation. The lack of significant changes to the '08 refresh are indicative of Chrysler as a whole. People WILL get bored with it unless they do some more drastic updates soon. Incentives are higher on the 300 than they used to be, and more are going to fleets than there used to be.

Edited by NickF1011

They look hideous with the gray plastic grille, but it looks pretty good in chrome. But then again, those buying the work truck models without the chrome obviously aren't buying for the aesthetics.

As for the "flash in the pan" comments, I'm thinking on a more long-term scale. 4 years of success really IS a flash in the pan when you are looking at the long-term health of a corporation. The lack of significant changes to the '08 refresh are indicative of Chrysler as a whole. People WILL get bored with it unless they do some more drastic updates soon. Incentives are higher on the 300 than they used to be, and more are going to fleets than there used to be.

I will agree that a significant refresh needs to happen by '09 at the latest for it to keep its momentum. However, they aren't doing anything that the rest of the big 3 do, i/e hold on to a successful design way longer than they should.

Again, my liking of the LX's and a few other of Chryslers offerings has nothing to do with being a MOPAR guy - which I am not. It is frustration and boredom with the car offerings Ford has. Outside of Mustang, F150 and possibly the MKZ there is nothing that Ford has that interests me at the moment.

I will agree that a significant refresh needs to happen by '09 at the latest for it to keep its momentum. However, they aren't doing anything that the rest of the big 3 do, i/e hold on to a successful design way longer than they should.

Well Chrysler needs to defy conventional Detroit thinking if they want to survive. Ford had great success with the S197 Mustang, but it still appears they will be changing all of the sheet metal below the greenhouse for the '09 model next year.

i was actually impressed by XJ sales numbers --- 1133% increase -- 407 compared to 33.

does anybody know if these XJ sales are the 08 or 07 XJs?

Personally speaking I quite like the XJ but the real problem is that in it's home market we expect Jagaurs to be faster than the competion and drop dead gorgeous. Reliabilty, which has been an obssession at Ford was always lower down the list in a Jag. Ford rightly sorted out reliabilty but sacrificed the 2 most important characteristics of a Jag. It's like making the Mustang the most reliable car on the planet but styling after the VW beetle and giving it weedy engines. That's why Jag has been struggling. And yet now when Ford finally realise what's wrong they decide to sell. Which is mad.

Having said all of that todays copy of the local Birmingham Post says that city analysts believe Land Rovers explosive sales growth will kill Ford's sale of JLR.

see: http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/birmin...-name_page.html

Not sure I agree with that, but clearly Land Rover's sales growth must be an embarrasement to anyone pushing for a sale at Ford....

Edited by TStag

''But if you honestly think the 300 didn't make Chrysler relevant you are wrong.''

Umm, all the unsold 2006 CDJ cars that were all over SE MI last year certainly didn't help! {They reclassified them as used cars to get rid of them} And Daimler AG unloading the company at a huge loss sure is "relevant' too!

The Charger, Sebring, Magnum, Avenger, Compass, and Caliber are underwhelming, far from HOT. In fact, the Belvidere IL plant that makes the Caliber/Compass/Patriot has to shut down temporarliy for 'inventory adjustment'. So don't say that Chrysler is "only one of Detroit 3 that knows what it's doing" and 'more relevant'.

Why don't the 'Mopar or no car' people help and buy some of their cars, with the lovely cheap gray plastic interiors??

Edited by 630land

''But if you honestly think the 300 didn't make Chrysler relevant you are wrong.''

Umm, all the unsold 2006 CDJ cars that were all over SE MI last year certainly didn't help! {They reclassified them as used cars to get rid of them} And Daimler AG unloading the company at a huge loss sure is "relevant' too!

The Charger, Sebring, Magnum, Avenger, Compass, and Caliber are underwhelming, far from HOT. In fact, the Belvidere IL plant that makes the Caliber/Compass/Patriot has to shut down temporarliy for 'inventory adjustment'. So don't say that Chrysler is "only one of Detroit 3 that knows what it's doing" and 'more relevant'.

Why don't the 'Mopar or no car' people help and buy some of their cars, with the lovely cheap gray plastic interiors??

Wow, I've repeatedly said that Chrysler is the worst managed of the 3, that Chrysler screwed up after releasing the 300. That does not change the fact that the 300 made Chrysler relevant again, if not for only 2 years.

Wow, I've repeatedly said that Chrysler is the worst managed of the 3, that Chrysler screwed up after releasing the 300. That does not change the fact that the 300 made Chrysler relevant again, if not for only 2 years.

Wouldn't that just be making 2 cars relevant, and not the entire brand?

Personally speaking I quite like the XJ but the real problem is that in it's home market we expect Jagaurs to be faster than the competion and drop dead gorgeous. Reliabilty, which has been an obssession at Ford was always lower down the list in a Jag. Ford rightly sorted out reliabilty but sacrificed the 2 most important characteristics of a Jag. It's like making the Mustang the most reliable car on the planet but styling after the VW beetle and giving it weedy engines. That's why Jag has been struggling. And yet now when Ford finally realise what's wrong they decide to sell. Which is mad.

Having said all of that todays copy of the local Birmingham Post says that city analysts believe Land Rovers explosive sales growth will kill Ford's sale of JLR.

see: http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/birmin...-name_page.html

Not sure I agree with that, but clearly Land Rover's sales growth must be an embarrasement to anyone pushing for a sale at Ford....

Ford might get an EXPLOSIVE price when they come to sell?

Those sales will coming to a grinding halt when Land Rover's engineers go to ask for money to redesign all of their new vehicles and Ford tells them "Sorry, we don't have enough for you." :shrug: The gravy train looks tempting right now, but long term, Land Rover is going to require a LOT of cash to keep its momentum.