Wonder why Ford is broke?

Grey Goose

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2007-1...-exec-pay_N.htm

It's about time this info got out what with all the bullshit about us making $75 per hour. I mean look at the numbers, Ford pays it's top execs TWICE what GM does, 7.5 times what Chrysler does, hell Toyota's CEO makes $900 grand a year.... but my fucking $28 an hour and benefits are breaking the company? Hey Fields....Ford never flew me to Florida on weekends at a cost of 70 grand per weekend. Hey Mullally....Ford doesn't provide me with a free house and $29 million clams for a couple months work. And what the fuck....it's not like there is any talent in Management, hell look at the position they've managed the company into. The Ford 500....yeah I think they sold one maybe. Jesus....my fucking salary is bankrupting Ford?????? Give me a fucking break. :finger:

It's about time this info got out what with all the bullshit about us making $75 per hour. I mean look at the numbers, Ford pays it's top execs TWICE what GM does, 7.5 times what Chrysler does, hell Toyota's CEO makes $900 grand a year.... but my fucking $28 an hour and benefits are breaking the company? Hey Fields....Ford never flew me to Florida on weekends at a cost of 70 grand per weekend. Hey Mullally....Ford doesn't provide me with a free house and $29 million clams for a couple months work. And what the fuck....it's not like there is any talent in Management, hell look at the position they've managed the company into. The Ford 500....yeah I think they sold one maybe. Jesus....my fucking salary is bankrupting Ford?????? Give me a fucking break. :finger:

Wonderful Post Grey Goose! You have just put into this site what most level headed Ford people KNOW is the truth and that also goes for those of us that are retirees(me)!! :beerchug: Too bad that Fields, Mulally and some of the other bigshot know-it-alls can't or won't face up to reality. Guess it must be very secure living in a limited environment completely out of touch with humanity.......

Hope you don't mind, Goose, but I re-posted that article outside of the employee section. I can't wait for the warped minds to comment on it.

Don't mind at all Pioneer. In fact I'm glad you did. When is the "Almighty Wall Street" going to start looking at these obcene salaries? Why do the shareholders and news media all say the UAW is the problem...."There's a new way a new business model" but it doesn't apply to these useless fucks? It only seems to apply to us. I say FUCK THEM and let's see if Bill Ford wants to see Mullally take his grandaddies car company and put it out of busuness with his hardass stance against the union and our wages. And while we're at it what did that asshole Steve Miller from Delphi get paid while crying poverty and new business models and a world economy.......I say Fuck 'EM ! Don't piss down my fucking back and tell me it's raining! Hey Mullally and Fields...if Ford is so damned "cash straped" why don't the both of them take a salary commesurate with what Toyota would pay? Ya think ole Alan would want to work for a paltry $900 grand a year like Toyota's CEO? Not as long as him and his little buddy Fields can have us write the fucking checks with our pay and benefits ! :finger: Broke my ass...Hey Mark Fields, do you think you can find room for me on that corporate jet to Florida this weekend? :happy feet:

did you see this ?

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2007-1...ay_N.htm?csp=34

alan mulally got more pay then the top 37 exec at toyota and the top 21 execs at honday....

Excellent Post Goose, keep up the good work. A lot of people are clueless about the truth when it comes to BIG BUSINESS and MONEY.

If memory serves me right, and please feel free to correct me, Mulally had to be talked in to coming to Ford, didn't he? I think Gephardt helped bring him over from Boeing. Is he worth the money? We all know what bad management can do - billions in losses. Obviously, there isn't to many people that can run a large company well, look at the domestics as a whole, they are all in bad shape, going outside the industry to get a CEO was the only good alternative, and getting one with a proven track record in bringing a large company back from the brink, that operated much as we do is even more reason to get this person on board. In the end, what is the true cost of his pay, compared to the consequences of failure, it's inconsequential.

On the other hand, it is not the fault of the worker, so why should the worker be forced to "giveback". The simple solution is that they need better designs and higher quality, but that takes time and they only have so much left. Where else can they cut? It's a perfectly good argument, if there are cuts, they should cut their pay as well. One that I don't necessarily disagree with, but consider the example given of the CEO of Toyota, it's apples and oranges, they have a different culture, one that considers the greater good, at least to some extent. Ours is about "ME" and what "ME" is worth in the free-market.

I am not saying it's right, and I don't have the answers. You could accept cuts, and the endure some hardships, and they could still go bankrupt due to poor choices. You could hold the line and it all might work out. The only certainty here is don't bet on someone else, bet on yourself and start thinking about contingencies, ya know hope for the best but plan...

I am amazed at how the media in Detroit puts the onus of Ford's problems on the UAW. Management is getting a free pass here. While the media blames the UAW worker for Ford's ills, let's look at some of the things the UAW was NOT responsbile for:

• The bland styling of the Ford 500
  • The assinine name games played with the models
  • Management's inability to integrate an award winning European lineup into a dying American lineup
  • Having incompetence at the upper levels of the organization for tha past 12 years

At the end of the day, no amount of cuts, cost savings, or plant closings/community destructions will take the place of PRODUCT. As far as I am concerned, Ford's product pipeline has slowed to a trickle compared to the other automakers, and I do not have much faith in Fields and Mullally to turn on the spigot anytime soon.

Why doesnt the media comment about these wages and benefits that our execs. make??? Oh, hell no, they would rather paint us as the bad guys, greedy, lazy, taking advantage of the company, etc.... With our contract negotiations looming, we should have the support of the media, instead of people feeling sorry that Ford is "broke and in too much debt." I refuse to vote yes on a contract that has more concessions for us while execs. walk away counting their fortunes and planning the next weekend vacation. As I have said all along, NO ONE DESERVES THAT KIND OF SALARY OR BENEFIT PACKAGE!! He doesnt shit gold or piss diamonds does he?? He should try raising a family in Michigan with our wages...at a 40hr. work week...especially after the crap Granholm just dumped on us!! Im not a hater, every one is entitled to make a good wage, just dont f--k me so you can make your billions and expect me to eat sh-t politely with a fork and knife. Any more concessions, I VOTE NO!!!!! Unless I see execs. taking concessions in their wages/benefits...BIG CONCESSIONS!

Slightly off topic but also.....

Ford to invest 500 million in a new plant in Spain.

Ford to invest 500 million (Fords share of the cost of the joint venture) in a Ford / Mazda joint venture in Thailand (just after a military coup) in Thailand??

Ford to invest 78 million in a plant in Romania.

Yea there broke alright.

Why doesnt the media comment about these wages and benefits that our execs. make??? Oh, hell no, they would rather paint us as the bad guys, greedy, lazy, taking advantage of the company, etc.... With our contract negotiations looming, we should have the support of the media, instead of people feeling sorry that Ford is "broke and in too much debt." I refuse to vote yes on a contract that has more concessions for us while execs. walk away counting their fortunes and planning the next weekend vacation. As I have said all along, NO ONE DESERVES THAT KIND OF SALARY OR BENEFIT PACKAGE!! He doesnt shit gold or piss diamonds does he?? He should try raising a family in Michigan with our wages...at a 40hr. work week...especially after the crap Granholm just dumped on us!! Im not a hater, every one is entitled to make a good wage, just dont f--k me so you can make your billions and expect me to eat sh-t politely with a fork and knife. Any more concessions, I VOTE NO!!!!! Unless I see execs. taking concessions in their wages/benefits...BIG CONCESSIONS!

you people should read this article and the posts from the wall street journal some serious asshole uaw haters!

http://blogs.wsj.com/strikenotebook/2007/1...strip-and-flip/

You may have already seen this article, but it does tie into the subject.

Subject: Fearing the Ax, Instead He Had Lunch With Ford CEO

Clifton Lambreth feared he'd be axed as a Ford Motor Co. manager after he sent CEO Alan Mulally a copy of his book, an insider's account of what went wrong at the ailing auto maker.

"I told my wife, 'The book may save Ford, but it may cost me my job,'" says Lambreth, a customer-service division zone manager in Memphis, TN.

Instead, he got a call from Mulally, asking him to lunch, where they spent two hours discussing "Ford and the American Dream" and its candid contents.

"He took notes and thanked me for my courage," Lambreth says of Mulally, a Boeing Co. executive who was hired in January to reverse the losses Ford has suffered.

Mulally and Lambreth met in the dining room of company founder Henry Ford's historic Fairlane estate in Dearborn, MI.

It was life imitating art, because in Lambreth's book, a fictionalized tale wrapped in real-life events, two lunch meetings occur at Fairlane with the ghost of Henry Ford, who offers back-to-basics advice to his guests.

One of them is a character called Christopher Hope "who is really me," says Lambreth. The other lunch-with-the-phantom participant is Mulally.

<<clifton-lambreth[1].jpg>>

Clifton Lambreth

The 192-page book is unprecedented. Customarily, published works of that nature are by people who have left a company, often in a disgruntled mood.

Lambreth, a 23-year veteran of Ford, wrote the book partly out of frustration. "I've gone crazy watching people unintentionally destroying the company."

But he says he also wrote it because he loves the auto maker and wants to share his ideas of what went wrong and how to fix it.

"It's the first time someone pulled together what happened," Lambreth, 47, says of events leading to Ford's lost sales, deteriorating market share, factory closings and retrenchment of dealership ranks.

Ford commissions anniversary books and such, "but none of them tell how we lost $12.6 billion," he says. "You can only do that so many times before you're out of business."

Since his book came out this summer, he has received hundreds of correspondences of commendation from colleagues, retirees and dealers. A book tour is in the works.

"There have been some ankle biters, and I expected that," he says. "Critics largely have been people who didn't read the book. Some people claim I'm trying to sink the ship. But, heck, I'm on the ship, too!"

Lambreth contends it wasn't one or two isolated incidents that got Ford in trouble. Rather it was a series of stumbles and a lack of leadership over two decades.

<<lambreth-book-cover[1].jpg>>

Clifton Lambreth's insider book on Ford.

"Until Alan Mulally arrived, Ford hasn't had a CEO who was a leader in 20 years," he says. "The last one was Don Petersen (who retired in 1990). We've had managers and caretakers, but not leaders."

Lambreth is particularly tough on two former CEOs of the 1980s and 1990s, Alex Trotman and Jac Nasser.

In earlier years, Lambreth and Trotman were fellow company recruiters at college campuses. Trotman was self-conscious about lacking a college degree, a feeling that accompanied him to the top of Ford, Lambreth says.

"As a result, Trotman hired people based on their perceived high potential, not their previous performance," Lambreth says. "They came to Ford, got their MBAs and left."

He raps Nasser for a clumsy execution of a well-intended diversity program designed to give Ford management a deeper multi-cultural makeup.

"Diversity is good for lots of reasons, including giving the company better insights into different markets," Lambreth says. "But you don't hire and promote people based on race, gender, ethnicity or even sexual orientation. It's divisive. It caused a lot of resentment at Ford."

In a chapter entitled "Engineered to Fail," the book takes aim at autonomous project managers who are loathe to share ideas that can lead to cost-efficient commonalities.

"We have 54 steering wheels; Toyota has five," Lambreth says. "We have 97 different sets of brake pads; Toyota has five. "We have great products in Europe, but they can't come here because they weren't designed to meet U.S. emissions standards.

"It's as if everyone is doing their own thing," he says. "If you say, 'Why can't we do it differently,' the reaction is 'They won't go along with it,' or 'The unions won't go for it.'"

He says naysayers "can think of 100 reasons to turn down an idea that has 1,000 good reasons for being implemented."

Mulally has vowed to stop the territorialism. He says that when he arrived at Ford, he encountered, despite its size, the "smallest large company" he has ever seen.

Lambreth's hero is Henry Ford, so it is no surprise the auto pioneer makes it into the book in spirit, literally and figuratively.

"We've got to think more like Henry Ford," says Lambreth. "He was thrifty on the business end, and on the consumer end he created affordable transportation. We've got to get back to that."

See what's new at http://www.aol.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.[/size][/size]

Ford is broke? Maybe W.C.F. Jr. and Mark Fields are playing the roles of "Brokeback Mountain" in Florida no less...

This is why I'm not purchasing a new Ford vehicle right now. Get your shit together first before you ask the workers for any givebacks. I'm glad I mined my buyout last year when I did!

Non employee why do you keep posting here bored?

Untill someone enforces it, its not worth a hill of beans :P :finger: :finger:

I agree... I only come on here just for entertainment purposes and to opine and view other areas and topics of the web-site!

But to try and stifle speech by finger pointing and crying that this person or that person is not a Ford employee even though they used to... IS ABSOLUTELY DUMB AND BASICALLY A BRAND OF CENSORSHIP THAT CERTAIN PEOPLE TRY TO USE FOR POLITICAL AND PHILOSOPHICAL REASONS! WHY? Because they're little fractured worlds they exist in are being shaken and challenged on a day to day basis!

Edited by Bored of Pisteon