Consumer Reports: New Tundra BELOW Average in quailty

range

It sure seems to me that you echo the employees at Toyota dealerships quite well...

Yeah Pisteon...its really our fault the way they're built. I dont put the vehicles together or sell them, halfwit. Thats someone elses department I just repair them. I do think Toyotas quality has gone down quite a bit recently. Probably the same reason anyone's goes down-getting too big for their own good. Oh well! I'll ride the gravy train as long as I can :happy feet:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah Pisteon...its really our fault the way they're built. I dont put the vehicles together or sell them, halfwit. Thats someone elses department I just repair them. I do think Toyotas quality has gone down quite a bit recently. Probably the same reason anyone's goes down-getting too big for their own good. Oh well! I'll ride the gravy train as long as I can :happy feet:

You can't have it both ways, tommy. You're a cheerleader whenever something good happens to Toyota, but say it's "out of my hands" when something bad happens.

i do not find CR credible worth a shit.....every time i go to work (circuit city) i can't stand when people are like "but CR said i should get this TV" and then when the come back after thirty days and it doesn't work or the picture is shitty and they want their money back what should i say?

Whatever Circuit City tells you to say... :hysterical:

Whatever Circuit City tells you to say... :hysterical:

They don't tell you to say anything because they're too busy firing all their best employees...hate that place been there too long

On subject though, it's great to see Toyota's size actually catch up with them, though I'm sure they'll fix the issues and the ignorant public will hardly notice a thing.

On subject though, it's great to see Toyota's size actually catch up with them, though I'm sure they'll fix the issues and the ignorant public will hardly notice a thing.

Exactly, the public will either read the info and brush it off or will never know about all their problems. I also find it ironic that when I make these problems known to people at work or wherever they shrug it off and say they'll but another it it gives them problems. But, they will never buy a Ford because their father or cousin had one a long time ago and was a piece of shit. Double standard

What about the salespeople at those dealerships? I ment to include them in my post! How is it that someone can stare at some unsuspecting customer in the eye and tell them that this Toyota is the safest car on the road when they may possibly know otherwise?

Toyota is on it's way down and when it crashes... It will be of monumental proportions... YOU HAVE MY WORD!

What about the salespeople at those dealerships? I ment to include them in my post! How is it that someone can stare at some unsuspecting customer in the eye and tell them that this Toyota is the safest car on the road when they may possibly know otherwise?

Toyota is on it's way down and when it crashes... It will be of monumental proportions... YOU HAVE MY WORD!

How can salespeople lie? :hysterical:

I dont sell the cars like I said. Whatever line of bullshit they feed to potential customers is not my concern. Its not like salesmen at other makes dont do the same thing. Car salesmen are the lowest of the low as far as I'm concerned....even worse than lawyers :eek5: I just fix them-THATS IT. I know the shit will hit the fan someday hopefully its not for awhile though.

I guess now Consumer Reports will be considered a credible source on this site.

I'll make note of that for future reference.

I don't pay ANY heed to their vehicular recommendations...I always thought for SOME unbeknownst reason they were/ are constantly recommending ANYTHING but domestics...Mes think the monthy Toyota check got lost in the mail.....Hondas is still coming...no mention of ANY of their problems ...just a blanket thumbs up BEFORE anyone even drives them!!!!!! UNBELEIVABLE ARROGANCE from dishwasher esperts....

I dont sell the cars like I said. Whatever line of bullshit they feed to potential customers is not my concern. Its not like salesmen at other makes dont do the same thing. Car salesmen are the lowest of the low as far as I'm concerned....even worse than lawyers :eek5: I just fix them-THATS IT. I know the shit will hit the fan someday hopefully its not for awhile though.

actually have to give cudo's for your honesty tommy ...but don't point fingers and blanket salesmen with your impression of their true worth, some yes...JUST LIKE MECHANICS....or any profession for that matter.....perhaps you should TRY their profession befor throwing stones....

so..I take it you have experienced witnessed a sales person performing this act yes? First hand yes?

Why the hell would I want to do that? I make good money as it is without having to kiss some assholes backside. No thanks buddy.

you should...then perhaps you may have a little more respect rather than name calling....they are not all bad tommy...like I said just like any other profession.....

perhaps to counter false stories of credit ratings, inflated incomes and other customer pho-pahs....seen it all my friend...two sides to every coin...thank god all salespeople AND customers are not the same......

Counter lies with lies...priceless. :hysterical: So, are you saying that honesty is reserved for buyers with outstanding credit and elevated income? Again, priceless... :hysterical:

Counter lies with lies...priceless. :hysterical: So, are you saying that honesty is reserved for buyers with outstanding credit and elevated income? Again, priceless... :hysterical:

You'd be surprised how honest they become once they realize you can get credit anywhere and don't rely on a "special deal" from them to seal it up.

Edit: I also never seem to read stories of people with high credit scores being taken advantage of.

Edited by ShockFX

not necessarily was just pointing out ONCE again there is two sides....but i have seen it all.....and take umbradge to sweeping statements...would be similar to calling EVERYONE in YOUR profession A-holes.....not accurate is it?

Edited by Deanh

You'd be surprised how honest they become once they realize you can get credit anywhere and don't rely on a "special deal" from them to seal it up.

Edit: I also never seem to read stories of people with high credit scores being taken advantage of.

just for my own edification...what exactly is "being taken advantage of? "......

just for my own edification...what exactly is "being taken advantage of? "......

Notice that the majority of those low APRs are with "approved credit". People with low credit scores get like 10%+ APRs. I've read stories of people paying $250 a month for 5/6 years on a 1992 Chrysler Lebaron for example.

I guess it's not "taken advantage of" if you have poor credit you just have to pay more. Risk and all. But paying $13k over 6 years for a $4k car could be in that ballpark.

Notice that the majority of those low APRs are with "approved credit". People with low credit scores get like 10%+ APRs. I've read stories of people paying $250 a month for 5/6 years on a 1992 Chrysler Lebaron for example.

I guess it's not "taken advantage of" if you have poor credit you just have to pay more. Risk and all. But paying $13k over 6 years for a $4k car could be in that ballpark.

alright obviously you ARE in the dark and full of conspiracy theories of "they are ripping me off somewhere" .....credit ratings are scaled on a teir basis, at least with ford new vehicles, used you are on your own but markup on interest rates is LEGALLY limited ...got it??????....need more????? Here goes teir Zer and one get the 1.9 apr or so that is publized, teir two is usually 1 point higher...CANNOT...I repeat NOT be deviated from, teir three usually another point....NOT to be deviated from.....etc etc ...teir 5 good luck getting bought in the first place but is usually around 8.9 ish...these rates are set in stone...SET, otherwise deals will NOT be funded...capice? The $250 a month story DOES happen usually thru "Please Get me Bought" self owned stores...NOT Franchaised dealers, there is way too much liability and sometimes some peoples credit is so bad that they have no choice, they are high risk and then the financing institutes are limited...so my advice...keep the score up, give yourself choices.....question....would you rent YOUR house to someone whom was a skip hazard, pays no-one, has charged off credit cards, repos, unknown adress, multiple social security #'s??????

alright obviously you ARE in the dark and full of conspiracy theories of "they are ripping me off somewhere" .....credit ratings are scaled on a teir basis, at least with ford new vehicles, used you are on your own but markup on interest rates is LEGALLY limited ...got it??????....need more????? Here goes teir Zer and one get the 1.9 apr or so that is publized, teir two is usually 1 point higher...CANNOT...I repeat NOT be deviated from, teir three usually another point....NOT to be deviated from.....etc etc ...teir 5 good luck getting bought in the first place but is usually around 8.9 ish...these rates are set in stone...SET, otherwise deals will NOT be funded...capice? The $250 a month story DOES happen usually thru "Please Get me Bought" self owned stores...NOT Franchaised dealers, there is way too much liability and sometimes some peoples credit is so bad that they have no choice, they are high risk and then the financing institutes are limited...so my advice...keep the score up, give yourself choices.....question....would you rent YOUR house to someone whom was a skip hazard, pays no-one, has charged off credit cards, repos, unknown adress, multiple social security #'s??????

Uhh, I'm so lost where you are going. I never said dealers were the ones taking advantage of people. Just that the "great deal" loses power when they realize you have excellent credit. I was just throwing the "I never hear stories..." out there as a one off that didn't really mean that much.

Seeing as I do have excellent credit, I don't worry about getting ripped off.