macattak1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seriously,

Driving down the road all I see are these two huge spray nozzles sticking up above the hood in front of me.

I mean huge and obnoxious.

Maybe it is how high I sit in the seat. But still, it is obnoxious.

Peace and Blessings

I guess putting them in the wiper arm would have taken too much effort.

I guess putting them in the wiper arm would have taken too much effort.

I have friends with GM's that have the washer nozzles in the wiper arms and what a pain at temps below zero. I live in MN and washers are needed especially with the salty road spray up onto the windshield. I spent over a half hour in -15 degree weather with a blow dryer trying to thaw out a set of hoses that fed these wiper arm mounted nozzles for a friend of my wife who was visiting. What a pain!! I'm glad my Fords don't use that idea!! At least on the hood, the engine temps keep the hoses from freezing. If the nozzle itself freezes, a couple whacks with a snow brush quickly and easily clears the ice clog. (And YES, windshield washer fluid does freeze!!)

Boegey

I have friends with GM's that have the washer nozzles in the wiper arms and what a pain at temps below zero. I live in MN and washers are needed especially with the salty road spray up onto the windshield. I spent over a half hour in -15 degree weather with a blow dryer trying to thaw out a set of hoses that fed these wiper arm mounted nozzles for a friend of my wife who was visiting. What a pain!! I'm glad my Fords don't use that idea!! At least on the hood, the engine temps keep the hoses from freezing. If the nozzle itself freezes, a couple whacks with a snow brush quickly and easily clears the ice clog. (And YES, windshield washer fluid does freeze!!)

Boegey

There is a new kind of washer fluid out that will not freeze up to 40 below. It really does work. Only draw back is that it costs about $4/jug, but it's worth it. I used it last winter and never had problem no matter how cold and sloppy. And yes the nozzle in wiper blade causes more problems.

There is a new kind of washer fluid out that will not freeze up to 40 below. It really does work. Only draw back is that it costs about $4/jug, but it's worth it. I used it last winter and never had problem no matter how cold and sloppy. And yes the nozzle in wiper blade causes more problems.

Is that the Teflon stuff? Anyway, when i had the Fusion I liked it. My big complaint was the loudness with the fan on high defrost.

Boegey

i've found the easiest way to defrost a frozen windshield is to keep an extra bottle of window spray in your car and pour it over it. assuming the bottle hasn't frozen

The size of the windshield washer fluid holes was the only complaint you had?

I think we have a winning car!

Na. There are other things too. I made a post about that. Taurus Fusion Test Drive.

And I did raise the seat up. It has the jack thing.

One other thing I found that I did like is that the steering column tilts And Telescopes.

Peace and Blessings

Na. There are other things too. I made a post about that. Taurus Fusion Test Drive.

And I did raise the seat up. It has the jack thing.

One other thing I found that I did like is that the steering column tilts And Telescopes.

Peace and Blessings

it has the jack? What model fusion was it...I had a bare bones SE (lowest you can get here) and it was power.

Edited by suv_guy_19

They are mounted on the good exactly where they are because Ford through careful research determined that this is the best design and location for consistent and reliable performance in all conditions over an extended period of time. This takes many things into consideration, including their position near the warmer engine block and hood insulation. It's also the area of the car most likely to be free of snow blockage. The same applies for the washer design in the rear lift-gate.

My Lincoln LS had the sprayers in the cowling of the hood so there were no visible nozzles. I had no trouble with these but I always made sure the snow was cleared from the gutter. What's interesting is that Ford actually moved the spray nozzles in 2003 to the cowling because they were on the hood, very nice detail IMO.

Boegey

I live in MN as well and never had a problem with them on my car.

They are mounted on the good exactly where they are because Ford through careful research determined that this is the best design and location for consistent and reliable performance in all conditions over an extended period of time. This takes many things into consideration, including their position near the warmer engine block and hood insulation. It's also the area of the car most likely to be free of snow blockage. The same applies for the washer design in the rear lift-gate.

My Lincoln LS had the sprayers in the cowling of the hood so there were no visible nozzles. I had no trouble with these but I always made sure the snow was cleared from the gutter. What's interesting is that Ford actually moved the spray nozzles in 2003 to the cowling because they were on the hood, very nice detail IMO.

Where have you been?

Been busy assimilating other civilizations, I presume.

I am Borg. Resistance is futile. I will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to my own. Your culture will adapt to service me. Prepare to be assimilated. :hysterical: It's sad that I know that line by heart even though I haven't watched Star Trek in over a year.

Edited by suv_guy_19

Seriously,

Driving down the road all I see are these two huge spray nozzles sticking up above the hood in front of me.

I mean huge and obnoxious.

Seriously,

This is one of the most ridiculous complaints I have ever heard. Just further proof that no matter what any automaker does there will always be some detail that annoys someone, somewhere.

2005_30170.jpg

Look at the nozzles on that one, HUUUUUUGE!

Seriously,

This is one of the most ridiculous complaints I have ever heard. Just further proof that no matter what any automaker does there will always be some detail that annoys someone, somewhere.

2005_30170.jpg

Look at the nozzles on that one, HUUUUUUGE!

Look at that, they pretty much hide the wipers, and then people complain about the nozzles. Theres nothing that can really be done. thats the best palce for the nozzles to be to have their effect. Its important here, since we have cold and bugs.

I am Borg. Resistance is futile. I will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to my own. Your culture will adapt to service me. Prepare to be assimilated. :hysterical: It's sad that I know that line by heart even though I haven't watched Star Trek in over a year.

"Service us". The Borg are a collective consciousness. There are no individuals.